66cooper wrote:
    Absolutely. The more the merrier.

hi 66cooper

can u post a list of All the members who are in on this

might allow anyone who changed their mind to clarify their intent

I'd be curious how many wee have

cheers
  • 66cooper66cooper Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    Well, nothing has been finalized and I would imagine most would want to see a prototype at least first before they actually committed. If people would like to send me a PM and let me know if they are in or not that would be cool. Again though, not sure how helpful it will be as they might change their mind or any other reason before it gets finalized.
    I am not a rep builder and am not in business for myself with this. If I get one for myself that I like I would be more then happy. If others along the way would like one as well, that would be even better as I would be adding a piece to the "Bond Scene". Until I have something to show, I am not going to be taking orders or deposits or anything like that. If people are interested in one when we can make them, we will then setting something up for all of that.
    Good news. I received another Top Time (a ref 2003) in the mail yesterday. Always nice to get a new watch for the holidays:-) Well, until my Kingston arrives. So, with the watch in-hand, I will be redrawing the schematic to me exactly what we need.
    Also, Mr. CNC'er has been testing different methods to achieve the complex shape of the Geiger and thinks he has figured it out. We are starting from scratch on both ends but I feel this will yield the best results. No sense rushing it. Rather it come out perfect.
    Cheers, and have a great holiday!
    New Years update:
    While over the holiday break, I sat with the TT in-hand and went back over my drawings. I made a view changes that i think are worth noting for everyone interested. They are as follows
    Bezel has been slightly reshaped after intense review of screens. This includes the profile as well as the knurls on the side. I am now going with 120 knurled edges. They are a little chunkier then my previous drawings but appear to be more accurate. Also, the added bonus of being a divisible of 60:-)
    The overall height has come down 16.88mm to 16.22mm.
    The lug width has also been reduced from 20mm to 18mm. 18mm proves to be more screen accurate.
    The Geiger case will now be getting its own crystal. This is a tricky one. It would be easier to build without but I think it would look very strange. There is no proof either way from the film but I would have hoped they had one in place. It will make a more finished look and heck, one more layer protecting the gem of a Breitling underneath, right?

Those are the major changes. We might be able to machine these on an even nicer 5 axis machine which would be great. We are still moving forward with the idea of Delrin lining the inside of the case to protect the TT from damage. The case back is still being explored. Simplest way so far is to have 4 larger thread (less chance of cross-threading) screws (flush mounted) at each corner of the case back. Something easy enough to get at with as little chance of error.

On this topic, I just want to be clear that we are not building a case that is intended for diving. My goal is to build something that will hold the TT safely inside first and then see how sealed it will be. We want to put a seal on the back but I just dont know how well it will work due to the odd shape. I would love to be able to swim in a pool or take a shower with it on without fear but more will come on that.

One last thing that just popped in my head. This is a large watch head to start. Heavy and it also has a complete watch inside of it adding to that. On the case back, I was thinking of adding small ridges like seen on the Omega PloProf.
    picture.JPG
    These "grippers" were to help hold the watch head in place. What do you think?
    I am SOOO sorry for such a delay in updates. It is for good reason...there are non:-)

Like I am sure most know if they have ever tried to do something like this, the machinist kind of fell off the earth. I only just got a hold of him so I wanted to let everyone know. He was having endless trouble trying to replicate my design into his program. I do not know the specific but I guess it isnt the easiest thing. Well, he pretty much gave up and is now onto creating apps for smart phones. He said he has passed the project off to friend that is a pro. That is good news but I havent heard back any of the specifics. On the side I am going to see about finding a more local machinist who might be able to help just in case.

So, the project is not dead, just was taking a nap for a short while. I REALLY want to see this through so have faith, good things come to those who wait and all that good stuff. Hey, my 2 Top Times need a Bond style case just as much as yours do. Haha.

Cheers
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Hi 66c

Welcome back, for my part I'm relaxed and fully support your project....

Keep the faith , i shall...
    Thanks for that:-)
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    Hello,
    I'm something of a newbie and am also really REALLY interested in this project so you can count me in as well.
    I am so glad to hear. Thanks!

I have been talking to a few new people that might be able to get this moving. I will of course keep everyone updated.
  • Dexter007Dexter007 Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    I'm definitely interested too count me in!
    Dexter
    Excellent to hear. I really need to get cracking here:-)
    Back from the dead!!!

I never let this completely die but its been on the back burner. I FINALLY found a guy that can help build it. He is a pro (not the amateur I was dealing with before) and is all business. Wants to get this project off the ground for real. Very exciting.

Because its been so long, who is still in?
  • Dexter007Dexter007 Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    I'm definitely in!
    66cooper wrote:
    Back from the dead!!!

I never let this completely die but its been on the back burner. I FINALLY found a guy that can help build it. He is a pro (not the amateur I was dealing with before) and is all business. Wants to get this project off the ground for real. Very exciting.

Because its been so long, who is still in?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Maybe a price and shipping cost would help people decide?

MG -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Thats the tricky part...well at this point. I need to get the CNC guy a bit more info/specs to finalize that.

Tricky is the word.
    Oh, and just to clarify, this for the Geiger "over case" that will fit over an existing, vintage Breitling Top Time ref 2002.

I will include a nice print of the dial when shipped:-)
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    I would be interested, depending upon the final price. But most likely, I'm in!
    66cooper wrote:
    Oh, and just to clarify, this for the Geiger "over case" that will fit over an existing, vintage Breitling Top Time ref 2002.

I will include a nice print of the dial when shipped:-)
    Great. I will be working with the machinist over the next week or two to get some numbers together.

Thanks All!
    Sorry for the delay. Been prepping for a big race weekend. More will come after the weekend.

Cheers,
    B
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    Still interested. Have been hunting for a TopTime on Ebay every since your first announcement.
    A quick update. Bouncing around with two machinist. I want to make sure I get this right the first time:-) While things are getting squared away, I am still tweaking the overall design and trying to figure out all possible problems that might occur. Please stand by....and keep those fingers crossed that this comes off.
  • 308gt4dino308gt4dino Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    66cooper wrote:
    I think this brings up a interesting point. The top time was built in many different variations. The 2002 is the one to get but it would be great to be able to get any TT and convert it to a Geiger watch. The only way to do that would be to transfer the guts of a TT to an entirely new case...and that of course means figuring out a way to wind it... This is how i get myself into trouble:-)
    edited November 2012
    Hi chaps, I've been collecting watches for a mighty long time and I believe I may have hit the jackpot, at least, I'd like someone in the know to tell me whether or not I have. I believe it came from someone in the film industry with a Bond connection but I will need to check this out. I have a Breitling Top Time 2002 in great nick with the geiger casing. The watch inside the case is certainly correct and the case is the perfect fit for the Breitling within. The case is machined with a screw cover to the top and the back, revealing the Breitling Top Time within, with the lugs for the strap taken off. It is so well done, it looked as though it never had any in the first place. The screw back of the casing has the initials VTC stamped onto it. It may well be that VTC is one of you guys of course, in which case, damn good work fellas, nicely done! I will be taking loads of pictures this weekend and would be happy to post if I can.
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    308gt4dino wrote:
    Hi chaps, I've been collecting watches for a mighty long time and I believe I may have hit the jackpot, at least, I'd like someone in the know to tell me whether or not I have. I believe it came from someone in the film industry with a Bond connection but I will need to check this out. I have a Breitling Top Time 2002 in great nick with the geiger casing. The watch inside the case is certainly correct and the case is the perfect fit for the Breitling within. The case is machined with a screw cover to the top and the back, revealing the Breitling Top Time within, with the lugs for the strap taken off. It is so well done, it looked as though it never had any in the first place. The screw back of the casing has the initials VTC stamped onto it. It may well be that VTC is one of you guys of course, in which case, damn good work fellas, nicely done! I will be taking loads of pictures this weekend and would be happy to post if I can.

Please post away. Without real provenance, I'm afraid your belief that it is the genuine prop may be hard to prove. However, it would be interesting to see nevertheless.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    I know, I'm working on the provenance! Need to work out how to post pics.
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    I upload my photos to PHOTOBUCKET. I then simply paste the link to the photo in my message which lets you see it here. If you have any problems feel free to email me your pics in an email and I'll be glad to post them for you., My email is: thefudds@aol.com
    Ed
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    308gt4dino wrote:
    I know, I'm working on the provenance! Need to work out how to post pics.

I just get the butler to do it....
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Alas I had to let the butler go. He refused to iron my cash!

OK detailed photo's taken and will be posted over the weekend.

I have to say the only reason I think it's genuine is because of you guys. It's just that if you guys are trying to make copies but finding it difficult because the only thing you have to go on is pictures taken from the film itself, then there can't be any copies already in existance, or I'm sure one of you would have approached the owner by now.

What I need to know is the name of the Company they would have used to make their props and would that have anything to do with "V.T.C. being stamped on the back. I'm also trying to find out via Breitling themselves but I've not found a knowledgeable archivist who may know.

HELP!
  • jpramos1975jpramos1975 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello, do you still have the spare top time dial?
    Here are pictures of my spare dial:

TopTimeDial001.jpg

TopTimeDial002.jpg

DG