Photos of Bond from the set...

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    ...or...or maybe like in DAD where Bond is fixed up to look like the South African diamond smuggler to steal his identity, in that scene of Skyfall Bond improvises with hydrogen peroxide he steals from a pharmacy, bleaches his stubble white, then assumes the identity of the Albert Finney character?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Do you can say me where are you find
    Nowhere, he's saying it as his own thought to discuss.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    http://twitter.com/#!/007/status/140113151927664640/photo/1

I look forward to six pages of dissection!

(And a note; that previous slate that said "35mm" must have been referring to which lens was being used, as evidenced by the above photo. So, likely all digital.)
  • SchultzSchultz SwitzerlandPosts: 16MI6 Agent
    AfHIK1lCQAA0bmp.jpg (http://twitter.com/#!/007/status/140113151927664640/photo/1)
    (Credits go to HalfHitman HalfMonk)

Are these green laser beams? And what about these signs on the left? Looks interesting :-)
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I like your take!
    Off the top of my head and without even the benefit of a half-a-dozen single malts, I can think of so many reasons to explain Craig's appearance and not one of them suggest that the sartorially splendid and carefully coiffed real Bond has been sacrificed by the Axis of Evil that is Mendes/Craig/EON. Instead they all suggest that Bond's having a spot of bother either from within or without and that hints at a good and gripping plot. Although I wouldn't wear trousers that short myself, I have no idea whether this is a fashion statement...or perhaps that Bond just stole the clothes from someone else, was fed a growing solution that caused him to sprout up two sizes, or had no money and bought his outfit from a Thrift shop. However, I will not be losing sleep over it. Now, if he was wearing a Justin Bieber t-shirt...
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    no i have heard from two sources one more reliable than the other that skyfall uses as yet unused bits from the yolt novel...with m allowing 005 and 006 to die 15 or 20 years ago and it now coming back to haunt her...might be tosh but i think there is some truth to it
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    delon64 wrote:
    no i have heard from two sources one more reliable than the other that skyfall uses as yet unused bits from the yolt novel...with m allowing 005 and 006 to die 15 or 20 years ago and it now coming back to haunt her...might be tosh but i think there is some truth to it

Admittedly, it's been a few years since I read YOLT, but I don't recall that particular detail. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Anyone else noticed that on the latest clapper-board photo, that on the left hand side in blue text are the letters QU and what could be an A? The letters are back-to-front on bottom left hand side. It was announced that Quantum were not part of SKYFALL though so perhaps I'm reading too much into it?
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    Anyone else noticed that on the latest clapper-board photo, that on the left hand side in blue text are the letters QU and what could be an A? The letters are back-to-front on bottom left hand side. It was announced that Quantum were not part of SKYFALL though so perhaps I'm reading too much into it?

QU I see the letter but not the A, I do not read Quantum, moreover, with the new era Craig, may not be Spectre, and if Quantum, is not it?.
    But this tablet is not written Quantum
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    I concur. It's Que-
    unitedkingdom.png
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited November 2011
    Room 10
    "Queue Here for
    International Quantum
    Meeting"

Room 11
    " Honest Joe's Discount Sale "

Room 14
    "D Greene, We hardly knew Ye, Lunch "

:))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I concur. It's Que-

No, I think it's QU8 - or whatever the symbol is under the roman numeral looking II (higher up)

There is an example of what the E would look like, in the word under 'QU8' - INTE (I take it that will say INTERNATIONAL?)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    delon64 wrote:
    Bond's loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I take back all my concerns about Craig looking a bit worn out in the stills .... in this months GQ magazine he looks gorgeous .... :p
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Damn - whens new piccies gonna leak with him wearing shades and a watch!!!!! :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited December 2011
    AfiSlWuCIAACqzb.jpg

Dry martini?

Scene 59A - Does that mean Bond drinks early in the Movie? (How many scenes got a typical bond movie? 100? 150?) ;-)

And... Dry martini? So no vodka martini?
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    edited December 2011
    The dryness of a martini refers to the amount of vermouth used in the drink, with a dry martini having little (or even no) vermouth. So it can very well be a vodka-martini, just a "dry" one. Although I remember Bond usually has a medium dry martini (Dr. No, LTK spring to mind) in previous films.

Edit: O wait, I just realized; Bond orders a dry martini in CR.

James Bond: Dry Martini.
    Barman: Oui, monsieur.
    James Bond: Wait... three measures of Gordon's; one of vodka; half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it over ice, and add a thin slice of lemon peel.

Maybe the real experts know an earlier film in which Bond orders his martini "dry", but off the top of my head I can't remember one. Maybe Craig just doesn't like vermouth. -{
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Schultz wrote:
    AfiSlWuCIAACqzb.jpg

Dry martini?

Scene 59A - Does that mean Bond drinks early in the Movie? (How many scenes got a typical bond movie? 100? 150?) ;-)

Not sure how they do the scenes. Check out the pic posted before this one. It's Scene V64BA.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • mikekilo725mikekilo725 Posts: 75MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Schultz wrote:
    AfiSlWuCIAACqzb.jpg

Dry martini?

Not sure how they do the scenes. Check out the pic posted before this one. It's Scene V64BA.

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason, it is all based upon location availability, but usually the biggest / more dangerous scenes are saved for nearer to the end, so you don't have a repeat of what happened during The Crow.
    Schultz wrote:

Dry martini?

Am I missing something... but why do you think this scene is serving dry martini's....??

And Peppermill is spot on... a dry martini is the amount of vermouth used vs vodka (or gin)... when I was bar tending, I used to make a dry martini by swilling a small amount of vermouth in the shaker, tipping out any excess, then pouring in the vodka and ice, shaking then pouring. This would produce a very dry martini....

...served with an olive of course ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • mikekilo725mikekilo725 Posts: 75MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Schultz wrote:

Dry martini?

Am I missing something... but why do you think this scene is serving dry martini's....??

And Peppermill is spot on... a dry martini is the amount of vermouth used vs vodka (or gin)... when I was bar tending, I used to make a dry martini by swilling a small amount of vermouth in the shaker, tipping out any excess, then pouring in the vodka and ice, shaking then pouring. This would produce a very dry martini....

...served with an olive of course ;)

and for the ultimate dry martini you just wave the closed bottle of vermouth over the glass
    Lady Rose wrote:
    I take back all my concerns about Craig looking a bit worn out in the stills .... in this months GQ magazine he looks gorgeous .... :p

Thanks for the heads up on that.... funnily enough I saw the link to his interview in the daily mail the next day...

Even the boys are talking about it here )

I have to say he's looking mighty fine on the cover.... :x
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    edited December 2011
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Schultz wrote:
    AfiSlWuCIAACqzb.jpg

Dry martini?

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason, it is all based upon location availability, but usually the biggest / more dangerous scenes are saved for nearer to the end, so you don't have a repeat of what happened during The Crow.

^This. They shoot scenes in the cheapest order. So if they book a shooting location, they film all the scenes at that location together and then move to whatever they could book next. On location stunts are in the latest parts of the production for various reasons including avoiding disabled or injured actors that would compromise whatever is left to film. This could be very close to the end for all we know.
    Lexi wrote:

The officiall 007 twitter account posted this with the caption "Dry Martini?"

Mr Beech wrote:
    ^This. They shoot and number scenes in the cheapest order. So if they book a shooting location, they film all the scenes at that location together and then move to whatever they could book next. On location stunts are in the latest parts of the production for various reasons including avoiding disabled or injured actors that would compromise whatever is left to film. This could be very close to the end for all we know.

I'm not an expert in film making, but shouldn't the scene number indicate where the scene is taking place in the storyline? Like scene 1 comes before scene 2? They don't have to film it that way of course ;-)
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Schultz wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

The officiall 007 twitter account posted this with the caption "Dry Martini?"

Mr Beech wrote:
    ^This. They shoot and number scenes in the cheapest order. So if they book a shooting location, they film all the scenes at that location together and then move to whatever they could book next. On location stunts are in the latest parts of the production for various reasons including avoiding disabled or injured actors that would compromise whatever is left to film. This could be very close to the end for all we know.

I'm not an expert in film making, but shouldn't the scene number indicate where the scene is taking place in the storyline? Like scene 1 comes before scene 2? They don't have to film it that way of course ;-)

I'm no expert either! I think you're right there, my mistake. I guess I was thinking of shooting order or something. ;%
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Tee Hee wrote:
    May just be an American tradition, but in recognition of "No Shave November," I'll give Craig a pass. For now. :v

Mellowing in our advancing age, no doubt :v

Anyway...having been away for far too long, and still playing catch-up, I must say I'm comforted by the familiarity of the debate :x
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Lexi wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    hey, I'm a Craig Fangirl :x...

Hey, Lexi

how about a contribution to the glossary: CRAIGIRL as a synonym for a Craig Fangirl, in particular yourself ?

Sounds good to me... although where the hell is Loeffs these days.... he came back briefly, then left again... ?:)

I'll make a suggestion in the Glossary thread :x

I'm baaaaaack...and will give it careful consideration, Lex my dear :x
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    london_dec01_1.jpg

london_dec01_2.jpg

london_dec01_3.jpg

london_dec01_4.jpg

Daniel Craig stripped off his tuxedo for filming yesterday at the Four Seasons hotel in Canary Wharf, London, for a "Skyfall" scene where 007 is swimming in a luxurious pool at night with echoes of Pierce Brosnan's spa scene in "GoldenEye". It is understood this location will be doubling for scenes in Shanghai.

The spa was closed to hotel residents and the windows facing nearby apartments blacked out. Residents of the adjacent luxury apartments Canary Riverside were warned that only the film crew were entitled to photograph during this time, but shots have emerged anyway. It is understood that the location in the film will also feature a glitzy martini bar.

Credit goes to MI6-HQ.com (http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_dec02_london_location.php3?t=&s=&id=03022)

The hotel looks classy, I hope they have some night shots from the outside of it.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    I see Barbra Broccolli had some input during the script writing process this time around too .... :))
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    Schultz wrote:
    london_dec01_1.jpg

london_dec01_2.jpg

london_dec01_3.jpg

london_dec01_4.jpg

Daniel Craig stripped off his tuxedo for filming yesterday at the Four Seasons hotel in Canary Wharf, London, for a "Skyfall" scene where 007 is swimming in a luxurious pool at night with echoes of Pierce Brosnan's spa scene in "GoldenEye". It is understood this location will be doubling for scenes in Shanghai.

The spa was closed to hotel residents and the windows facing nearby apartments blacked out. Residents of the adjacent luxury apartments Canary Riverside were warned that only the film crew were entitled to photograph during this time, but shots have emerged anyway. It is understood that the location in the film will also feature a glitzy martini bar.

Credit goes to MI6-HQ.com (http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_dec02_london_location.php3?t=&s=&id=03022)

The hotel looks classy, I hope they have some night shots from the outside of it.

From goldeneye,we don´t see in a swiming pool