Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

007-skyfall-primeiro-dia-de-gravaes-58.jpg
daniel-craig-skyfire-12.jpg&w=800
daniel-craig-skyfire-02.jpg&w=800
daniel-craig-skyfire-17.jpg&w=800

Looks to be the Levi's LVC vintage 1930's Menlo...
lvc-menlo-1.jpg
lvc-menlo-2.jpg
lvc-menlo-3.jpg?w=500

Levi's has had this vintage Californian styled jacket in their lineup for a few years now.
I obtained a Large that can fit a 44-46 easily for my 6' 190lbs frame, but I could go down to a medium (or a proper 42R) to get the proper screen accurate Daniel Craig fit.

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    LVC.jpeg
    LVC2.jpeg
    LVC4.jpeg
    LVC3.jpeg
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Do you have a link? I don't see it on the Levis website.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I think it is already an old model (early 2012 jacket)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • xxxxxxxx Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    I thought Tom Ford was doing all of Craig's wardrobe for the movie.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    xxxx wrote:
    I thought Tom Ford was doing all of Craig's wardrobe for the movie.

prob like QoS - majority of it but not quite everything!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    It also looks really damned expensive. I should reconsider a government salary.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    In the second photo of Craig there appears to be a metal collar hook which I can't see in the Levis photos...although it might be there. If it isn't, then I suspect DC's jacket is Ford's 'take' on the Levis jacket.
    edited June 2012
    So you believe it's more likely Ford copied the Levis and added a hook and snap on the collar for his version, rather than wardrobe just adding those two easy additions to an existing Levi's jacket? Considering they have never had Bond entirely clothed in just Ford garments I think it's more likely an obtained actual Levi's jacket.
    In the second photo of Craig there appears to be a metal collar hook which I can't see in the Levis photos...although it might be there. If it isn't, then I suspect DC's jacket is Ford's 'take' on the Levis jacket.

Yeah I agree, quite an expensive jacket, doubt I would ever buy one for retail...
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Could just be glare or an earpiece of some sort hanging. Doesn't really look that much like a snap or hook to me.
    Yeah, could even be a mic clip, all kinds of stuff that can be done then edited out later if they were even shooting at this point... we shall see in the fall I guess, but I'll still have some folks look into it further for true confirmation.
    This is all really just best guess speculation based on the evidence here in front of us as usual.
  • GumboldGumbold LondonPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    I've just bought this. Beans on toast for the rest of my life now. I blame this thread.

KGr_Hq_F_pc_E_w_h_EE0t_BP3sfri_Vo_60_57_1.jpg

KGr_Hq_R_ig_E_6_b_5_NBP3sf4jmgw_60_57_1.jpg
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Hope you did a "Make An Offer." Seller was ready to sell it to me for 200 less than the list, but you swooped in before I could respond!
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Don't worry, Magnoli'll do a copy of this without breaking a sweat. I mean - those ptices for LEVIS....!!!!!
    Hope you did a "Make An Offer." Seller was ready to sell it to me for 200 less than the list, but you swooped in before I could respond!

With these jackets as rare as rocking horse droppings, I thought a swoop was essential. If it's any consolation, it'll cost me another fortune to get the sleeves shortened.
    Gumbold wrote:

With these jackets as rare as rocking horse droppings, I thought a swoop was essential. If it's any consolation, it'll cost me another fortune to get the sleeves shortened.

I'm glad it went to someone here. I was going to roll the dice and hope it fit, but I think I'm probably looking for a small.
    Don't worry, Magnoli'll do a copy of this without breaking a sweat. I mean - those ptices for LEVIS....!!!!!

Do you really think Magnoli's price in the accurate sheepskin will be any less than the Levi's retail price at the same quality level?
    I am also looking at recreating this one, and $800-900 isn't out of range easily for an accurate rendition built here in the US... and frankly the "designed & tailored in CA, made in Italy" Levis jacket is of better build quality than many a "boutique" labeled jacket I have seen go for much more. Any of the Ralph Lauren and RRL (most made in china) jackets of the vintage styles that I have seen bouncing around over the past couple of years go for way more $$ than the Levi's LVC line.
  • geosamgeosam LondonPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    For info, especially for London based people, today I bought the black leather version for half price in the L.V.C store near Carnaby St. I usually need a large size but a medium fits ok.
    Danimal wrote:

Do you really think Magnoli's price in the accurate sheepskin will be any less than the Levi's retail price at the same quality level?
    I am also looking at recreating this one, and $800-900 isn't out of range easily for an accurate rendition built here in the US... and frankly the "designed & tailored in CA, made in Italy" Levis jacket is of better build quality than many a "boutique" labeled jacket I have seen go for much more. Any of the Ralph Lauren and RRL (most made in china) jackets of the vintage styles that I have seen bouncing around over the past couple of years go for way more $$ than the Levi's LVC line.

Dunno whether Magnoli's price will be less. I was simply making the point £600ish retail seems a lot for the brand Levi.

And remember, Magnoli's will be bespoke, most likely, and not off the rack like the Levis. As your own will, I guess?

Now whether there is a quality issue between Magnoli's build process and one "built in the US" I will leave to others....
    geosam wrote:
    For info, especially for London based people, today I bought the black leather version for half price in the L.V.C store near Carnaby St. I usually need a large size but a medium fits ok.

Out of interest, did they have any in Small?
  • geosamgeosam LondonPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    Gumbold wrote:
    geosam wrote:

Out of interest, did they have any in Small?

Not sure. I started with a large and was happy with medium. A few were on the racks so maybe small was there too. I suggest you move quite quick - the sales guy mentioned the sales stop next week.
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Let me be the first to say that I think this jacket looks awful. Each to their own though! :v
    If anyone in London would be willing to help me procure the aforementioned half price jacket in a size small (assuming you eyeball it and it's correct), I can offer a nice finder's fee. Let me know!
    Danimal wrote:

Dunno whether Magnoli's price will be less. I was simply making the point £600ish retail seems a lot for the brand Levi.

And remember, Magnoli's will be bespoke, most likely, and not off the rack like the Levis. As your own will, I guess?

Now whether there is a quality issue between Magnoli's build process and one "built in the US" I will leave to others....

My point wasn't comparing Magnoli quality to made in the US quality, until someone has both maker's jackets in hand that comparo can not be done... it was in comparing the quality of any replica to the actually well built original Levi's. This was more to say that after going over the original it is a well put-together jacket made with good materials, and being that it's made out of sheepskin, is not out of range on it's current pricing. Magnoli knows the cost of nice sheepskin just as most any other jacket maker, and it is not cheap stuff.
    I am just making sure no one is surprised when Mags or myself come back with a price not far off the original. I typically offer suit jacket sizing along with custom fits, and Mags goes by whatever measurements you provide as well...so either way more sizing options than what Levi's offer if you can find the jackets.
    geosam wrote:

Nice find... I would rather have a size down to the Medium as well, and can see that these are cut about one size larger than I would consider a normal large(44ishUS, 54ishEuro).
    Danimal wrote:
    geosam wrote:

Nice find... I would rather have a size down to the Medium as well, and can see that these are cut about one size larger than I would consider a normal large(44ishUS, 54ishEuro).

Yes, cheers for the info geosam.

FYI, HMHH, I was going to call in today for you but have phoned first - they only have Ms and Ls I'm afradid, they haven't seen an S for a long time.

Am now praying my M won't be too large...
    Thank you for trying!
    Danimal wrote:
    Danimal wrote:

My point wasn't comparing Magnoli quality to made in the US quality, until someone has both maker's jackets in hand that comparo can not be done... it was in comparing the quality of any replica to the actually well built original Levi's. This was more to say that after going over the original it is a well put-together jacket made with good materials, and being that it's made out of sheepskin, is not out of range on it's current pricing. Magnoli knows the cost of nice sheepskin just as most any other jacket maker, and it is not cheap stuff.
    I am just making sure no one is surprised when Mags or myself come back with a price not far off the original. I typically offer suit jacket sizing along with custom fits, and Mags goes by whatever measurements you provide as well...so either way more sizing options than what Levi's offer if you can find the jackets.

Well, on the basis that the apparently screen-accurate brown seems to be impossible to find, and what with the issues of sizing, there should be a good business opportunity for either yoruself or Indy here with a quality replica.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    I'm going to the London store on Saturday, hopefully I can pick one of these up - they won't reserve one for me. :#