The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• draxhugodraxhugo Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    Deleted
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Afternoon Agents-
    Be on the lookout for an exclusive video podcast on the peacoat from our shop on Bond Street (no kidding) in Manhattan airing on jamesbondlifestyle.com in the next few days.

Should be great.
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    mgheard wrote:
    Afternoon Agents-
    Be on the lookout for an exclusive video podcast on the peacoat from our shop on Bond Street (no kidding) in Manhattan airing on jamesbondlifestyle.com in the next few days.

Should be great.

Can't wait! Also can't wait for the order to come in with all the shirts I got. :D
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Graham, lookout is right! This should be a fun podcast and what a day with the folks from Billy Reid...lots of background info on their attachment to Bond AND some very interesting surprises...here are a few pics from the shoot to whet the appetite:

Kicking back some bourbons and talking Bond

photo_1_2.jpg

Trying on for size (medium) the new season peacoat...nice piece btw!

photo_2_2.jpg

And Grayson Knight, director, wearing a very special coat that will be discussed in the podcast!

photo_3_2.jpg
    :o
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Great stuff!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    That looks like the Bowery Coat in the last pic. I've had my eye on that one.

edit: oops, just notice the additional pockets! guess it's not the bowery.
    Some pix I took of the store atmosphere...

photo_3_4.jpg

photo_1_4.jpg

photo_2_4.jpg

photo_4_3.jpg

photo_3_3.jpg
    Why do I get the feeling I'm about to spend even more money. :))
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to the podcast. Going by the pictures it looks like you guys had fun.
    The other coat looks great, too.

Seeing the sizing of the pea coat i hope i ordered the right size (M).

Have a great day gentlemen.
    Gents, please enjoy the video podcast and the product links below...again want to thank all the people at Billy Reid for their hospitality and generosity in re-issuing these peacoats:

Link to podcast:
    http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/podcasts/billy-reid-bond-peacoat-story
    Link to product spec:
    http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/billy-reid-peacoat
    I swear sometimes I have no shame so I'm just going to ask. :#

Could we find out if Daniel Craig got a Medium or Large in the Quail Jacket? :D

My thinking is a Medium since it's meant to be more like a suit jacket so it should be more fitted looking. Correct me if I'm wrong. :007)

P.S. Amazing video.
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Again, a great VideoPodcast David!!! Interesting to hear what they thought about us and this reissue of the limited peacoat. For us who ordered the Bond Peacoat it's nice to see the people behind these brands :)
    Another great fact for me personally is that they provide "Boardwalk Empire" :-) Fantastic TV series!!!

I definitely try to visit them when I'm in New York next year.
  • draxhugodraxhugo Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    Deleted
    Hoping to give everyone a sneak review of the re-issued coat before the delivery date...fingers crossed.
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:

My thinking is a Medium since it's meant to be more like a suit jacket so it should be more fitted looking. Correct me if I'm wrong. :007)

P.S. Amazing video.

Usually I'd be right with ya, but thankfully the the Barbour is close enough for me to the quail jacket.
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:

P.S. Amazing video.

First of all, Thank you Mantis! Wonderful video and apologies I couldn't be there in person.

On the quail jacket that DC bought, it was a large. The quail jacket from this year is exactly the same as the one he bought in Nashville back in 2009.

Little more Daniel Craig/Billy Reid facts, (after doing some research today) he's actually shopped at 3 of our locations. NY (obviously), Nashville back in 2009, and Houston, TX back in february of this year.

Hoping to be in NY for the next podcast when we finally get out hands on the re-issue of the peacoat.
    mgheard wrote:
    First of all, Thank you Mantis! Wonderful video and apologies I couldn't be there in person.

On the quail jacket that DC bought, it was a large. The quail jacket from this year is exactly the same as the one he bought in Nashville back in 2009.

Little more Daniel Craig/Billy Reid facts, (after doing some research today) he's actually shopped at 3 of our locations. NY (obviously), Nashville back in 2009, and Houston, TX back in february of this year.

Hoping to be in NY for the next podcast when we finally get out hands on the re-issue of the peacoat.

Thank you so much! :D
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Wonder if this http://p.twimg.com/AoNueNxCIAAQuYy.jpg:large might not be the potential Barbour-alternative from Billy Reid?
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Hmm, I believe this is the one graham is referring to: http://www.billyreid.com/product/quail-jacket-dark-oak.html

Interesting jacket though. Looks rather large on him...
  • pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Some pix I took of the store atmosphere...

photo_3_4.jpg

photo_1_4.jpg

photo_2_4.jpg

photo_4_3.jpg

photo_3_3.jpg

Great podcast David...Placed my order this morning.
    More pix of Craig wearing his personal BR Peacoat!

photo_2.jpg

MX6_I2.jpg

photo_3.jpg
    In the bottom too photos the fit doesn't look too good in the shoulders....

Maybe DC's Large is tooooo large....?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Ha - I remember watching that game on TV and remember seeing him in the crowd. I think it was 4-5 months ago, I didn't pay any attention to the Peacoat and the trailer of course was not out to make any Bond connection :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    In the bottom too photos the fit doesn't look too good in the shoulders....

Maybe DC's Large is tooooo large....?

This actually has me worried about picking a Large. I mean it can still be tailored down but still. I also ordered another one of their jackets in a Large.
    Wonder if this http://p.twimg.com/AoNueNxCIAAQuYy.jpg:large might not be the potential Barbour-alternative from Billy Reid?

It looks lighter as in not as thick as the Barbour. I would love to find out which one that is. I don't own any light jackets except for leather ones.
    Just as a heads up, BR told me that DC wound up ordering a Medium peacoat...I think he also thought his large was too large.
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just as a heads up, BR told me that DC wound up ordering a Medium peacoat...I think he also thought his large was too large.

Who's BR, David?

I thought the original info from Billy Reid was that Craigy bought a Large for personal use??? ?:)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

When he's not bulked up for Bond, like he was in Dragon Tattoo, the large would certainly be too big for him.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    The production company ordered a large and noted it was for his personal use...then DC ordered a medium some time after that from one of the stores...so he has both sizes it seems. BR is short for Billy Reid.