The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Here is some clarification on the whole thing.........he does fluxuate in sizing rather significantly.

He purchased a M in the peacoat in NY immediately before filming SkyFall and that's what was shown to the stylist for the movie. They then purchase the 19 peacoats for use in the movie and THEN ordered Daniel a large for his personal use because he had bulked up.

So, it's both, he has both, and probably wears both.
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Wonder if this http://p.twimg.com/AoNueNxCIAAQuYy.jpg:large might not be the potential Barbour-alternative from Billy Reid?

that is the old one actually, the large purchased in Nashville on new years eve of 2009. To clarify even further on this whole sizing debacle.........when I sent the studio a medium in this same jacket for fittings Daniel Craig couldn't fit in to it properly, so that on top of us not being able to get the waxed cotton used to make the coat, they weren't able to use it in the film.

we made it again this year http://www.billyreid.com/product/quail-jacket-dark-oak.html but the pockets were changed on the outside as you can see.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just as a heads up, BR told me that DC wound up ordering a Medium peacoat...I think he also thought his large was too large.

When he's not bulked up for Bond, like he was in Dragon Tattoo, the large would certainly be too big for him.

Yeah he fluctates a lot in my opinion depending on role
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Sent an email asking to change to a Medium for both jackets but now I'm in doubt again. :s

Suggestions?
    Kuragami wrote:
    Sent an email asking to change to a Medium for both jackets but now I'm in doubt again. :s

Suggestions?

I would stick to the measurement guide Graham posted and measure a jacket that you own which you would be happy with
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Crikey, I'm getting confused as well, seeing Mantis wearing a medium in store....I can't afford to buy both a medium and a large, with the taxes etc, and then return/sell the one I don't want.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Absolutely go with measurement. The medium was very very fitted on me...I would stick with the sizes you picked. You can always get it nipped and tucked.
    OK, hoping this helps...here is a gent who has a size LARGE in the peacoat. He is a size 40-41 Regular in suit jackets.

peacoatlarge.jpg

peacoatlarge2.jpg

peacoatlarge3.jpg

peacoatlarge4.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Absolutely go with measurement. The medium was very very fitted on me...I would stick with the sizes you picked. You can always get it nipped and tucked.

Were you wearing anything more than your white shirt under the peacoat?If you were wearing winter clothes under there it would be even tighter.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    I ordered size M but it could be just a little too big. But making a Size M out of a Coat in S would be very difficult :007)
    Pea Coat and Barbour both in M, i hope the pea coat will fit, too.

Looking forward to the next podcast :)
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    The model was wearing a polo shirt under the jacket ;)
    Matt S., I agree. That's why I am suggesting people to keep the sizes they have ordered...better to be a wee bit big...but it wont be that big. If the model above wore more than a polo under that coat it would appear even more fitted. There is preference to consider here, of course.
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I'm 5'9 and take a 38 short in a suit jacket. I'm worried about ordering a small since I workout a lot and have big shoulders. Any advice guys?

Peacoat looks fantastic on the model btw :007)
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    I feel bad for Graham. I think some of us spammed his inbox for a while.
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    I'm 5'9 and take a 38 short in a suit jacket. I'm worried about ordering a small since I workout a lot and have big shoulders. Any advice guys?

Peacoat looks fantastic on the model btw :007)

I'm the exact same as you. Like I stated earlier. I didn't have a small to try on but the medium "fit" but was not fitted. I think a S should fit you fine, it might just be a more European tailored look.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just as a heads up, BR told me that DC wound up ordering a Medium peacoat...I think he also thought his large was too large.

Who's BR, David?

?:)

B(illy) R(eid) .....
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    ke02eww wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Who's BR, David?

?:)

B(illy) R(eid) .....

Yeah, DZ clarified that for me at #151 above.

Imagine me not realising! What a dope.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    I feel like a little kid on vacation with my
    Parents. "are we there yet?", "how long do we need to drive?"

I want it to be november...now! :))
  • kevin415kevin415 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Dear all

I'm 6'2, should I chose XL or XXL ?? :s

Thanks in advance.
    Kevin, can you give us more than height? Chest size? Suit jacket size? Waist?
  • kevin415kevin415 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Kevin, can you give us more than height? Chest size? Suit jacket size? Waist?

Hi Mantis
    Chest size = 46
    Waist = 43.5
    no idea for suit jacket size, sorry :(
    Time for the chart again :)

.                S         M        L         XL        XXL
    Length    29.25    30     30.75     31.5    32.25
    Chest       19.5    20.5    21.5      22.5    23.5
    Waist      18.75   19.75   20.75   21.75   22.75
    Shoulder    18      18.5     19        19.5    20
    Sleeve      34.5     35       35.5    35.75    36.25
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    I too was a little worried if I ordered the BR peacoat if the size was right since I ordered a L and usually wear M or S in jackets. I asked our buddy Dan from Logan's closet, who has sized me for all my jackets especially the LVC, when I was un sure of what size to get and this was his take,

"The L measures 21.5 across chest which is 43 outside to fit a 39" chest inside comfortably. Plus Daniel Craig fit a size L on his 40r frame" which makes a lot of sense. So since I wear a 40 to 41 in suits, and based on the pictures that David posted of the model in the BR in L, I decided to order a L. Hope this helps those who are in the same size range as myself.

All the best,
    Stefan
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Bloody import duty! :(
    Wilde wrote:
    Bloody import duty! :(

It's absolutely ridiculous! Surely there's some kind of loophole around this..
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    There's only one - have someone buy it locally and bring it to you. If you don't know such a person, then there's not much choice but to have it shipped...and anything shipped is susceptible to duty.
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Or have them ship it to you and declare a very low cost, under £15. Obviously that is a little under-hand, and you run the risk on insurance if it goes missing. I have a lady-friend in NY who is going to take the order, fortunately I'm there in a month or so, will get it then and bring it back!

Maybe we could do a pea-coat run! :))
    I would be willing to risk them declaring low cost, if they would agree to it. Even if they declared the value at 100$, I wouldn't mind paying a small fee.
    00-Shane wrote:
    I would be willing to risk them declaring low cost, if they would agree to it. Even if they declared the value at 100$, I wouldn't mind paying a small fee.

If your willing to take the risk then use BONVU.COM!

They charge 20 dollars as there fee and you pay actual postage.
    Just looked it up and it looks promising! Anyone ever use BONVU?