Sunspel Riviera

Guys, I am in the market for the Sunspel Riviera shirt and am not sure what size to take. I have looked through a bunch of back posts and it seems like the suggestions are all over the map. I know everyones personal fit is different but I am just trying to get a few opinions.

I take the Large in the Menlo Leather Jacket and an XL in the Smedley Bobby. I am normally XL in most things.

Thanks for any help!

Also, does anyone know if the NPEAL is still available. I have been trying to order a Large through their website and the order form appears down. Based on my research the NPEAL fits big and I should order a size down on that.

Comments

• FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    It's difficult to advise on size , i am a 38" chest and own a medium which is about right i maybe could have got away with a small . I once contacted Sunspel on a similar point and they did reply to my email so maybe pop them a email with your concerns .
    This is a link to Style Forum with a few threads on Sunspel

http://www.styleforum.net/newsearch/?search=sunspel&type=all
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    tynian16 wrote:
    Guys, I am in the market for the Sunspel Riviera shirt and am not sure what size to take. I have looked through a bunch of back posts and it seems like the suggestions are all over the map. I know everyones personal fit is different but I am just trying to get a few opinions.

I take the Large in the Menlo Leather Jacket and an XL in the Smedley Bobby. I am normally XL in most things.

Thanks for any help!

Also, does anyone know if the NPEAL is still available. I have been trying to order a Large through their website and the order form appears down. Based on my research the NPEAL fits big and I should order a size down on that.

I also had to size down with the menlo. The riviera is fitted but not ridiculously so. If you're normally an xl I would go with that.
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • SherbrookSherbrook Melbourne AustraliaPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    I'm normally L but I had to go XL with Riviera
    I must be dreaming
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    XL should do you
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jon couragejon courage Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    I found the shirt to fit true to size. It's intended to be tighter and shorter than an average polo, so the immediate impression is that it's a bit small, but really it's just more snug than usual.
  • tynian16tynian16 Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the responses everybody! I will probably go with the XL and see how that is.
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    I'm a size 16/41 should I get Medium or Large? 8-)
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    I tried them few times.
    if u want regular fit, go with your regular size as they run true to size.
    if you want a fitted look like the movie, go a size down.
  • spartanrkspartanrk Las VegasPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    I wear a xl in everything. I sent the xl back and ordered a xxl. Just my personal opinion, but it seems the riviera is very fitted
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    I'm 6'2.5" with a 37.5 in chest, and the medium is too big for me. I have not yet attempted to get a small yet, but I will this Spring.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    I was debating size as well. I usually wear an XL, but with these being more trim fit, I ordered both XL and XXL to see which I like better. They should hopefully arrive this week and I'll put an update on which one fit better.
    An update on the XL, XXL comparison would be much appreciated!
  • waltherppk7.65waltherppk7.65 Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    i have a large and wear a large in most designers and its tight
    The polos arrived this morning. I'll try them on when I get home and let you all know how they fit.
  • titou2k4titou2k4 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    hi

becarfull Riviera send since 1 year ago are not same riviera send before

shirts are made in turkey and are very very light.
    Thanks Cyclones!
    Alright gents,

I got home and tried on the XL and XXL polos. First, I must say, I'm really impressed with them. They seem to be very good quality and they are really soft and comfortable! I tried on both the XL and XXL. I normally wear an XL, but don't like my clothes to be "baggy" or overly "snug". The XL was too snug for my taste. The XXL was much better, and looks great. I also don't worry about it being way too small after washing. My recommendation is to go up a size if you don't want it to be snug.

Now, having said that, I have a brand new XL that I won't need. It was only removed from the Sunspel bag to try on, then was carefully folded exactly as it was and re-sealed in bag. If anyone in the US wants to get one, but doesn't want to pay the extra $16 dollars to have it shipped here plus a 16-20 business day wait, let me know! I am asking $116. (The $112 I paid + $4 for shipping within the US). You'll save $12 over buying it from Sunspel direct, and will have it next week! If no one is interested, I'll just return to Sunspel for a refund. PM if interested.

Hope this helps!
  • roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Just received a couple of Sunspel CR Navy Polos from Aspecto, reduced from £80 to £60. Only had large left today when I checked. Lovely quality and identical to one I got from the Sunspel London store a few years ago.