Donk's Modest Bond collection

Comments

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Hi AA. Yes made of the identical brittle material as the two From Russia with Love props. Kind of surprised it did not disintegrate when fired! :o Regrettably nothing from Thunderball (apart from the PPK drop gun of course) :D

I was hoping to sea an Underwater Bomb Sled or a BSA Lightning :)
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Hi AA. Yes made of the identical brittle material as the two From Russia with Love props. Kind of surprised it did not disintegrate when fired! :o Regrettably nothing from Thunderball (apart from the PPK drop gun of course) :D

I was hoping to sea an Underwater Bomb Sled or a BSA Lightning :)

Funny enough I was also hoping to see those two particular classic items :D
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    You are just a teasing B@stard Donk :D
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Unbelievable collection! Your home must be like a fantastic Bond museum....I think you should sell tickets, I'd be the first to come see your amazing collection! -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Donks w@nk bank :v
    And now one for Timothy Dalton's fans -{

Rubber Walther PPK holster gun utilised by Timothy Dalton's 007 in The Living Daylights. The weapon it was cast from can be seen in this rare plate showing the opposite side and therefore French engravings when Dalton posed for the movie's teaser poster.

Only one other example is known to exist and that was presented to Mr Dalton himself upon completion of principal photography. Mr Dalton's PPK was mounted on a wood plinth with 6 deactivated 7.65mm rounds.

Amazingly the prop was reused by Pierce Brosnan's Bond at St Petersburg Airport against CIA agent Jack "Muffy" Wade in Goldeneye.

You saw it FIRST here on AJB007 -{
    DSC01706.jpg
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Seems there's another lanyard hoop issue ;)

Great stuff me old mucker.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Yet again you amaze me donk.

It's not just the coolness of your pieces, but the rarity of them as well.

Again, I'll never understand why EoN turned down your stuff. Fatal error perhaps?

Keep em coming donk, love seeing anything of yours -{ *

* apart from your own 'shooter' that is, keep that holstered.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    It is great to see you finally showing this stuff Donk -{
    A10 please :D
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Its just down the road Singe :D
    Ta, tom tom is **** :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Amazing stuff :o

Thanks -{
    YNWA 97
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Superb donk.... Didnt know about the offers to the designing display, I understand there was a revulsion towards weapons which seriously limited their contribution.... Only logical explanation for your experiences... :s

As to bombed on bond, and the awful choice of tat, enough said.....

Obviously when it's time to write the ultimate book on bond props, you should be top of the authors list as a contributor and consultant.

Cheers and of course, more!!!!
    In all honesty my direct dealings with EON were positive in the planning stages of Designing 007 & they seemed quite keen to borrow certain properties for a 3 year duration however it was only when all contact went through the exhibition curatorial team that interest in the loan of certain properties waned on their part as the exhibition became more costume & less prop orientated :(
    edited September 2013
    One of my all time favourite Bond props. Created by Ericsson for use by Pierce Brosnan's Bond and perhaps as important the late Desmond Llewelyn's "Q" in 1997's Tomorrow Never Dies.
    This is the static flip open phone. Twelve JB988 prop phones were created by Ericsson & Nick Finlayson's team and 3 different props with very different functions were utilised on screen to create the special features of Bond's personal communication etc device. TND was the Bond movie where the hand props had a feel and finish of quality about them which had been lacking in previous productions. That is to say they looked like they had been produced commercially rather than knocked up at a work station at "The Mill" and some of those previous properties were pretty impressive in their day . -{
    DSC02123.jpg

DSC02124.jpg
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I must admit that is one of my favourite props.
    Once again another great nugget from the Donk Dungeon, thanks for sharing this -{
    I hope FE consider making this with working screen and touch pad.
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    edited May 2019
    Removed from collection.
    Dear Donk,

Please can you fix it for me? I'd really like to see that real cool fing dat is da shiz. I'll give you a clue, it's quite long, fits in the hand nicely and has a tendency to go off if you squeeze too hard.

If you could get it out and show it off on AJB I'd be really grateful.

Hugs,

MG, aged way less than what I feel but way more than what I act.

Ps, I'm not referring to your penis..... this time.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    edited May 2019
    Removed from collection.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I just can't believe how much of your stuff they left out, Donk.

I saw the exhibition at the Barbican during the week it opened and loved it, but it would have been so much better with more of your Bond props and outfits and less of the ladies' outfits, IMO.

Btw is your "off-AJB" name Boohroyd, given the incredible amount of Bond gadgets you look after? :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • bondpropfanbondpropfan Southern UKPosts: 288MI6 Agent
    Absolutely amazing donk....
    You truly are a very lucky chap. .. blow them... I think you should open your own expo it would I'm sure wipe the floor with many a major exhibition in the past.
    Keep the pics coming. . Amazing
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    Donk,
    It is such a treat for us that you are the custodian of these rare and iconic props!!!

Eon's decision not to include them is unfathomable!!

On that note...I'll be setting up a 10 year long exhibit within my home of Bond props. Please box up all the props, toys, etc and send them promptly to my address as I would be glad to have them on exhibition.
    Ed
    edited June 2015
    From one of the best pre-title sequences in a Bond or any other movie, shot in the French Pyranese and the backlot at Frogmore Hall studios in Great Britain, this rubber stunt Sterling AR180 carbine and five others like it was utilised by Pierce Brosnan's Bond and his stunt double Doug James. Cast off one incredible folding hero carbine (which was not used on screen) created by genius armourer C.S (who was also responsible for Moon's Tankbuster in Die Another Day). The scene was originally shot with Bond taking what may have looked like a large book out of his tailored leather jacket which transformed before our eyes into a .223 calibre carbine (much like Patrice's Skyfall transformer rifle). The stock folds over the top of the weapon (which required modification of the rear sight unit) with the cut-out in the butt plate locking onto the telescopic barrel (which is why it was cut as it would not fire in reality & was therefore too fanciful, even for 007). The pistol grip folded over the top of the trigger guard to reveal a short clip which miraculously turned into a curved banana magazine with increased capacity (continuity at its finest). The weapon also had a short custom bolt as the standard bolt kept catching the lining of Pierce's jacket.
    For live fire Brosnan & James both used just one specially modified full auto Sterling AR180 which had also received C.S's creative magic -{

It was hoped that this rubber carbine along with Pierce's leather jacket and Vic Armstrong's Frogmore Hall clapperboard would be exhibited along with C.S's folding SFX carbine (from The Archive) at The Designing 007 exhibition as a tribute to Vic Armstrong :(
    DSC02131.jpg
    BAPTY_2006_074.jpg
    Frogmore Hall shot sequence
    What you need is Donk, a book called what the Archive missed, then have some nice young ladies modal your stuff for us fans -{
    I still can't get over the fact that such an amazingly cool thing like that collapsible carbine was never shown in it's true glory on screen. It just appears in Bond's hands so it's assumed he picked it up rather than having it concealed on his person. How annoying that all that work was completed for nothing.

You need to expand on this piece so that everyone interested can see what a glorious item of Bond armoury it was. To me it trumps the AR7 and would have been one of the most iconic Bond weapons had it appeared as intended. Love the P99 grip on that stunt.
    Expanded :x
    I mean why? That gun would have made the whole scene that much cooler. And they cut it :# I loved the TND PTS when I saw it, thought it was perfect. I was wrong. How annoying.
    The World is Not Enough, perhaps Brosnan's finest hour in the role of 007? and perhaps the movie which would have made a better swan song for him?...until that bloody stupid submarine sequence that is! :#
    "Always have an escape plan" still brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye. The exchange of banter between Pierce and Desmond harked back to the banter between Sean and Desmond in the early days of Bondmania. In TWINE you could see the genuine affection and respect the two actors had for each other both on and off screen -{

This unique collection of hand props were all utilised by Pierce's 007 in the lengthy, spectacular pre-titles sequence although they were not all necessarily seen in the final cut :(
    At least one of the props is seen here on AJB for the first time.
    DSC02135.jpg

That's it for a while guys. Enjoy -{
    What submarine sequence :D