Bond on TV and Radio

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I only got to hear about 20 minutes between shooting a wedding today.
    So hope it's on bbc i-player soon !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It's up now on the Radio 4 web Page :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Great -{ ( I'm not a fan of the new bbc radio app )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Got to listen to it this morning ( OHMSS), as others have pointed out, the
    Music wasn't great but I guess radio plays don't have big budgets. The only
    Odd thing I thought was at the end, Bond talking to Q ?
    Surely Q was an Eon invention and not from the novels ?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Between dropping off, waiting in the carpark and picking up my daughter and her friends from one of those dreadful multiplex cum allround entertainment and leisure parks, got to listen to most of this, sadly.

Really, really awful. James Bond does not lend himself to radio. Particularly not when a classic film ahs been made of the novel. Maybe Jarvis-Ayres would have been better adapting the early, non EON literal books - LALD, MOONRAKER, DAF?

Would have been better going into the bloody complex with the chavs instead.
    They should do Moonraker next -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    LTK has just started and so far .......

The garotte scene and loupe's "spanking " have gone. :))
    So will the Shark Scenes 8-)
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    And the decompression chamber scene

And Dario's death

And Heller's death.

To be honest, i'd rather stick the dvd on. :#
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    :))
    I think it's fun ( although slightly sacrilegious :# ) to see just how
    badly they censor a Bond Film. :D
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    They cut out Ed Killifer hitting someone with a gun :S
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    You'd think ITV might consider showing it at a later time, as ( in their opinion )
    It's not afternoon TV. ;)
    Nope, the Shark Attacks still in there :))
    :)) the one shot I thought they'd cut ( from underneath, showing the missing leg )
    They left in. :s . :)) crazy old ITV
    Have always felt that LTK feels more like a made for TV Film -{
    Yes, It does look like that, but money was right at the time. I think it had the
    same budget as Moonraker ( 10 years earlier ) .
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Always liked LTK.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    Yeah, EON had to move Production to Mexico. Cubbies Health took a Nose Dive as well.
    Yes, Bad times for the Bond " Family " :#
    Just did the barefoot water skiing bit -{ love that, it's the sort of thing I'd do. :))
    edited May 2014
    I've been reading that LTK "looks like a TV movie" for a long, long time. But no one's ever really explained what they mean.

Seen some crap it looks like a Miami Vice rip-off. Now come on. Drugs apart and 80s set (it wasn't LTK's choice when it was made!) what does that mean? Dalton is not remotely like two fashionable, posy American TV pretty boys, far more dangerous and gritty, the film dark and serious (as Bond will ever get; sorry DC fans)
    I'm looking forward to reading the Novelization by Gardner. Currently nearly halfway into Scorpius.
    I love LTK ( it's in my top five Bonds ), What I mean by TV movie look is that
    J Glen, as a director is very workman like, hence we don't get any of the great
    panoramic establishing shots, and little imagination in the editing etc.
    I still love it and fully agree Dalton was ( IMHO ) the best Bond but also
    Conceded that Craig has managed to bring a physicality to the role, which has
    Been missing for years. -{
    Bastard and Piss off cut out :#
    We wouldn't want Bond to have a potty mouth. :)) I wonder if
    LTK has the most swearing of any Bond film ( just a couple of words )
    but it's enough. Although I don't think Bastard is actually a swear word ?
    We wouldn't want Bond to have a potty mouth. :)) I wonder if
    LTK has the most swearing of any Bond film ( just a couple of words )
    but it's enough. Although I don't think Bastard is actually a swear word ?

Doesn't M f-bomb in SKYFALL, though? The dirty bitch :))

Adds to the realism of the Mendes classic, that. Almost kitchen sink in it's gritty authenticity. :)) ;) -{
    :)) :)) :))
    I'd forgotten M and her dockers tongue !
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    She never swore in the Brozza era.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Brozza mustn't of annoyed her as much as Daniel ! :))
    Huh, Goldeneye on Friday instead.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    Goldeneye is on friday for some reason, breaking the trend of a bond every sunday. Also, it's on after 10 - is Goldeneye considered more violent than LTK?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby