Bond on TV and Radio

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing there must some big sporting event on, so everything gets moved. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Or maybe there showing TND on Sunday?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Brozza mustn't of annoyed her as much as Daniel ! :))

Yeh, Brozza never got 'er killed by hauling her up to some remote shittte hole in Scotland.

And if he had, Brozza would have remained pretty doing it.

So that the only f she'd have used toward him would have been in an entirely different context.

;) :D -{
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing there must some big sporting event on, so everything gets moved. :D

I've looked at the guide for next sunday, and nope, no big events or anything. You've been framed followed by Midsomer Murders... so I've no idea, maybe ITV think the Brosnan bonds are more violent, or just view them as a different series completely, though I wouldn't know why...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Really cannot think of any Reason why ITV would deem them Violent? :s
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I have to say I'm sometimes really confused by ITV scheduling decisions. They
    Have successfully killed some series for me, as I could never find them at the same
    time or day. Millennium and Vengeance unlimited to name two. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Why have they decided to show the DC films on ITV2? Are they not good enough to be shown on the main channel?
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I think ITV2 is sort of like bbc3 " a youth channel ", as DC's Bonds are
    Hip, cool and trendy. I guess they think the kids would be more " down "
    With his Bond. :))
    Did they show CR though? I may be wrong but I thought they just showed QOS only (which obviously raises even more questions)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

ITV2 only ever seems to show QOS, hardly ever CR. Like how Channel 4 is always showing MI:2 and never the first, third or forth Films.
    My only guess is that it has something to do with having certain rights for certain films. Other than that, I have no idea.

I also think it has to do with the cost of showing a film on TV. As it's
    a repeat it would be less and as it's a smaller satellite station, that might
    also cut the cost for ITV.
    I am most probably wrong here, but don't older Films cost less to Broadcast then newer Flicks?
    I think so, but ( I don't know if it's still the same ) it still costs a lot
    for a major terrestrial TV sstation as they have much bigger audiences.
    Goldeneye Tonight :) But sadly I have to be up at 3 for Work :# But I'll just stick my DVD of it on later tomorrow -{
    Pitty no Bond on ITV today, I'd gotten used to the banter
    on a Sunday afternoon. -{ :D
    Yes :#

TND on Friday as well I take it?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Well, on More Movies on good 'ole Sky there's an early Craigy paying the rent movie, I DREAMED OF AFRICA.

Not seen it before. Plays like a poor version of OUT OF AFRICA. DC seems to play a supporting part as a local ranch hand.

Always fun to watch a Bond in something before anybody gave a **** who they were. As I said, got to pay the bills some way. No Tom Ford luxuries back then.
    For any UK, Connery fans The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is
    On channel 5 tonight at 08:00 pm. Not his best but fun in places. :D
    Wished they showed Highlander a bit more.
    Yes :#

TND on Friday as well I take it?

TND is on wednesday for some reason

That's alright, no Work on Thursday. Why don't they just keep it on Sundays?

They seem to be treating the Brosnan Films as a completely different Series ?:)

They seem to be treating the Brosnan Films as a completely different Series ?:)

I agree. It does seem strange.

For all Dalton fans ( including Bondtoys ) he's in a new series
    on Sky Atlantic ( Now TV ) " Penny Dreadful " -{
    I have yet to watch it, but it looks very good -{
    TWINE on ITV tomorrow and DAD on the following friday. Odd scheduling for these Brosnan bonds...

Standard stuff for ITV. They have a history of messing with times
    Of movies and series. :#
    Or even scrapping them mid Series (Like what CITV did with Re-boot :# )
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    edited May 2014
    I wonder of they are trying to use the Bond films to test demagraphics? They know the films are popilar, so they muck about the scheduling to see who will watch and who will Skybox / Tivo?

By the way Pussy, Thanks fir the heads up on OHMSS (post 85). Thoroughly enjoyed it. Its almost a shame Toby Stephens only got to be Bond on the radio, hes good.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Wonder if they will continue with the Craig Films? As they are normally always being shown on ITV2.