Bond Book of the Month

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    A catalyst then. Did he pull through?

He did, thanks for asking. But it does make you wonder how something like that can effect you years later.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent
    edited October 2014
    I really don't know :))

An injury could start an abnormality in the cells and that could cause cancer I guess - perhaps John Gardner quizzed his GP about it and he said it was possible. Writers of note usually research such things to see if they are at all feasible. I really need to read that part of NLF to refresh my memory. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    :) -{

Yes, like with spending a lot of your Life under a Sun bed will most likely give you Skin Cancer Years later.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent
    :) -{

Yes, like with spending a lot of your Life under a Sun bed will most likely give you Skin Cancer Years later.

Yes, those damned things should be banned! X-(
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Or posting on AJB can hurt your finger ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I need my Fingers for certain Things :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Noses don't pick themselves ! :p :)) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    AJB is well worth the health risks. :x :)) -{
    Yes -{

I think Sir Miles knows all about that :))
    Believe it or not ...... But taking photos for ten to twelve hours
    You do get a sore index finger. :D
    Yes -{

I think Sir Miles knows all about that :))

Yes, Sir Miles has certainly put his life on the line for us many times here on AJB and for that I salute him! :) -{
    Yes, me too -{
    Believe it or not ...... But taking photos for ten to twelve hours
    You do get a sore index finger. :D

My big toe gets very sore on and off standing at a busy till all day. :#
    Doing other Peoples Shopping make me realize how much I hate doing my own bloody Shopping! :))
    Doing other Peoples Shopping make me realize how much I hate doing my own bloody Shopping! :))

Are you a Personal Shopper then, AOS?
    Yes, in Tescos.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Way off-topic, lads!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    A family member did have a fall - slipped and fell flat on his back - he was dead within 12 weeks of cancer...the Dr said it was probably brought on by the fall...and he refused to see a Dr until 8 weeks had passed by, so it was impossible to say if he had it before...but he showed no ill effects until after the fall...
    YNWA 97
    Any views or opinions on the different Bond audio books ?
    David Rentoul did a very good Job on Bonds Voice -{
    Yes, I've enjoyed his audio books and it's nice to have
    All the Fleming's done by the one voice. -{ although
    Has anyone any recommendations for the newer discs
    With the celebrities voicing the stories ? As I've seen them
    In a few discount book shops.
    WHS Smiths sells them, but my local one seems to have gotten rid of all of there Audiobooks :#
    The shop The Works still has the Fleming Bond audio books I think.
    Not to sound sexist but ...... :))
    I did wonder at having a few female readers.
    Doing Bond voice ?
    That would be interesting to hear -{
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Rintoul did a fine job, except when he lapsed into cod-Connery.

Interestingly, on Pearson's book he did Bond as without any kind of accent, holding back his own (Rintoul's) Scottish accent.

Because the JB of AUTTHORISED BIOGRAPHY isn't the same Bond as that of the Fleming novels????????????
    Notice that in LALD, there is a Mention of Golf clubs and a Reference to Fort Knox? Obviously with future Novels using these Plot Devices.
    I thought if funny in DAF, he mentions retiring to Japan. ;)
    Where he eventually ended up. :D
    Maybe Fleming was already planning that far in Advance?
    I'm sure given his great talent his head was full of ideas. The only
    Problem was finding stories to use them in, I guess. I also think
    In DAF, while thinking about marriage to Tiffany he uses the line
    " We have all the time in the world " :)