Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Maybe healthier but happy????
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent
    I've had a brilliant idea :))
    Just like during the war every one should get a ration card
    With how many calories they're allowed each week, as you
    Buy food and drink, they'd be marked off your card. Leading
    To a happier healthier Britain ! :))

Not a bad idea but no doubt against human rights law (hopefully soon to be abolished). My late father said that the people of the UK were never as healthy as when rationing was going on. In fact, rationing did not fully end in the UK until 1954! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    add to that another Ration Book proving that you've been to the gym at least three times a week ! ;)
    ( I really should get into Politics ) :))

Yes many Doctors even say the British diet during the rationing years was really healthy
    as there was no Junk food or excess of it. I used to make ( as my Dad did ) Bully Beef stew . :x
    A Stew made with Corned beef, as there wasn't much meat about during the war, but my Kids
    hated it, so I haven't had it in years but I thought it was really nice. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent
    I still have some of the old Ration Books in the house. Perhaps we can revive it 60 years later! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I wonder what Whiskey would complement, a fine Corned Beef stew ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    "Oooh, thought the wizened alcoholic looking at his 15th double vodka, that's another 300 hundred calories there.

He looked down at his spare frame. Not an ounce of fat. No like those fat fuckers who lived on cream cakes, he thought.

Still, it was awful nice to finally know how many joules of energy one got from every shot of booze"

Wot next? ABV% on sherry trifles? ;)
    :)) Yes, I can see the local Winos debating the merits of which Strong Cider is less fattening. :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I can actually see some people choosing their drinks based on calories. I could easily imagine someone saying "I'll have the tutti-frutti vodka whipple instead of the caramal berry berry bourbon because it's got 50 less calories per tablespoon."
    or, " No Ice please ! I'm cutting down " :))
    Q. How does one get staggering-about pissed off your face without putting on weight?

A. Throw your guts up outside in the street.

No reason to worry about the calorific impact of booze at all.
    :)) :)) :))
    nature has a way ;)
    I suspect that this Westminster bullshit was thought up by the kind of person who thinks that the idea of Ed Milliband being the first in the bar ordering his glass of wine is the typical behaviour of your regular Brit pub-goer.
    I'm sure our Fantastically "in touch with the ordinary people" Politicians only
    have our Best interests at heart. :))
    or, " No Ice please ! I'm cutting down " :))

But no less expensive:

"No ice? That's extra, man!" :))
    :)) It gave me a Nasty turn, anyway :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I was attacked by a nasty tern once.
    That must have been Fowl ! :#
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I was told to pull out, immediately :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Now this was a fowl decision by Ireland - Dustin the Turkey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vYWpLK_Pdc

:))
    Thought this may be of interest :
    Why astronauts were banned from drinking wine in space !
    http://gizmodo.com/why-astronauts-were-banned-from-drinking-wine-in-outer-1513304233
    Only Americans though, as the Russians were knocking back the cognac ! :))
    Must get one to stir my Waitrose Scotch :))
    Just make sure not to stab yourself in the eye with it. :p :))
    Ha - im a big fan of some of the Japanese stuff!!!! I loved drinking Suntory Hibiki when I was away recently

The local booze store has had a fair bit of Yamasaki on the shelf and nobodys ever bought it. Will check out if its the one raved about by the Guardian!!!
    First they took over the electronics industry, next they took over
    The car industry, obviously the whisky industry is next ! :))
    For relaxing times.... make it Suntory time!!

Just popped into supermarket on way home from work :))

47F6686E-1B78-41E7-8466-CC5277DF2A51_zpsypcj7slj.jpg
    is that photo from the supermarket or your Living room ? :))
    Bathroom!!!
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Japanese Whiskey, nice but expensive.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger