Bond Book of the Month

Comments

• David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Plus the guarantee of work. And the £££s.

Which sort of briings us back to Gardner' position, the pros and cons of which have been argued above. :#
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Gardner had Health Issues by the End of his Run.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Gardner had Health Issue by the End of his Run.

Really? See the above posts.

And lets jhope Horowitz stays fit and healthy.

-{
    Decided to re-read through the first five Flemings, they really personify Bond in the 50's -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Solo :

William Boyd's attempt at writing a Bond story, and in my Opinion he Fails. :# Set in 1969
    with nothing much happening. And I mean that nothing of any note occurs until almost half
    way through. There is NO main villain, No threat to be worried about. The big reveal at the end
    is a bit of a let down and Bond even fails to finish off, one of the Opposition, so has to give up
    a girlfriend to stop her being put in danger.
    I disliked Solo and have now read it twice and that will do me, It goes back on the shelf to fill a
    space, I found it Terrible, really borning, I had to force myself to keep reading it.
    For December a bit of a treat for me, Christopher Wood's "The spy who loved me ". I remember
    buying my Old copy at school from the book club, feeling the excitement a few days later picking
    it up in class and starting to read it during a break. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I only read the first few Chapters of SOLO. I need to get back to it one of these Days -{
    What DMC, CB and SOLO clearly re-enforce is that the ladies at IFP really do not have a clue with what they're doing with their Bond inheritance, nor, more importantly, what they should be doing with it.

Three well respected, best selling authors. Three huge IF fans (yeah, right). Three duds. Quite a feat.

Though I concede someone must have made a few bob a log the way. Which, of course, is the major consideration for some. Who cares about quality?
    At least in DMC and CB, Something happened :)) with Solo, I've never
    Been so bored. :# also having a Villain, of some sort would be nice. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Lets hope the new Book will not be a letdown -{
    I hoping as Horowitz is a "Working writer" in that he knows how to write an
    exciting story. My hopes are high, that we might be getting a second
    John Gardner series. As I don't think he'll be messing about with Bond
    like the last three writers. ........... But I could be wrong. :))
    By having Bond with Tears on his Cheeks like in Seafire? :))
    Hope he wasn't tying his shoelaces at the time ? :))
    I think Gardner made Bond more vulnerable in his last few Books.
    Agreed,in fact Bond himself seemed more tired in Gardner's
    Later books. With Benson's first Bond seemed refreshed.
    Perhaps like Fleming part of his own I'll health was being
    Transfered on to the pages ?
    That and Bonds Age by the Time of NSF/SF/COLD -{
    Although you can be older and young at the same time..
    .... Just look at Me ! :))
    In the 4th Dimension maybe...

:v
    Moonraker

Masterpiece, that is all -{
    {[] It's a great story with a great villain ! -{
    The Cliff collapsing Scene and the Steam in the Vents pushes the Novel up a few more Points -{
    The game of bridge and the car chase are fantastic.
    Also when Drax tells his back story. -{
    Yes -{
    In fact I'd say I think the card game in MR
    is better than the one in CR. ;) only my opinion. :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    It was one of my faves of the 10 Fleming books ive read!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    They can still adapt it, but obviously change the Title and the Villain to something else.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    One of my top 3 novels. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    The two Christopher Wood Novels have just come through the Post -{ Looking forward to reading them.
    Great, you could give a few views on the Book of the month thread as
    They're the books for Dec and Jan. ;)
    On the subject of books, many of the titles of the continuing novels
    Have been put forward as possible titles or indeed film, but always
    Get the answer that eon wouldn't pay to use them or allow them to
    Be used. So my question is....
    Do eon own the rights to the continuing novels or if not do they get
    First refusal on them or because they've made so many Bond films
    Anyone trying to make a continuing novel movie, eon would have them
    in court. :)) would anyone know the standing of the continuing books ?
    James Bond and The Spy who loved me

The first of the two Christopher Wood Novelizations. He adds a lot of Back story to Stromberg and Jaws and gives some Scenes more Detail -{