The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• The Mantis wrote:
    My medium did loosen up over time with continued wear....perfect now.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll muscle through wearing it in then!

BTW love all your research and attention to detail! Great stuff!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Many thanks!
  • The Mantis wrote:
    My medium did loosen up over time with continued wear....perfect now.
    I tried wearing it in over the week and decided it it too tight on the arm holes...cuts off circulation when I put my arms up haha...
    I am returning it and going with the Large

I will let you know how that works out!
  • BLU8 wrote:
    East Dane also has the BR Bond peacoat, and you can take 25% off when you use the discount code FAMILY25: http://www.eastdane.com/boiled-wool-peak-lapel-peacoat/vp/v=1/1513765047.htm?folderID=21685&colorId=12867

Neither of those codes are working for me
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    BLU8 wrote:
    East Dane also has the BR Bond peacoat, and you can take 25% off when you use the discount code FAMILY25: http://www.eastdane.com/boiled-wool-peak-lapel-peacoat/vp/v=1/1513765047.htm?folderID=21685&colorId=12867

The sale already ended.
  • BLU8 wrote:

The sale already ended.

Thats too bad! oh well...looks like I'll have to pay full price! well worth it!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

We're only a few weeks away from the start of the holiday sales. If you can hold out a little longer, I'm sure you can get a discount code that will save you about 20% - pretty significant on a $695 price tag. Those pop up quite often, especially at this time of year. If I see one, I'll certainly post it here on the forum as I'm sure others will do.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • DBS wrote:

We're only a few weeks away from the start of the holiday sales. If you can hold out a little longer, I'm sure you can get a discount code that will save you about 20% - pretty significant on a $695 price tag. Those pop up quite often, especially at this time of year. If I see one, I'll certainly post it here on the forum as I'm sure others will do.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Very good point, thanks! I think i will hold out...let me know if you see a discount pop up!
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

Very good point, thanks! I think i will hold out...let me know if you see a discount pop up!

Use the coupon code 10YEARS to get 20% off from the Billy Reid website.

http://www.billyreid.com/category/mens-1/outerwear/bond-peacoat-collection.html
  • shoolokshoolok Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Anyone else 5'5 here and own the Billy Reid coat? I have Barbour Dept. B Commander Jacket in size S and it's quite snug in the upper torso area, but otherwise it has been one of the best-fitting jackets I've ever owned (you can see the measurements here http://www.endclothing.co.uk/barbour-skyfall-commander-jacket.html)

Assuming I want to fit a light sweater underneath the peacoat, should I go for either S or M? I have an athletic build (I lift weights) if that matters. I'm thinking S since the peacoat is more roomy than the Commander jacket to begin with, but I'd like to have a second opinion.

Thanks in advance.
  • jermyzyjermyzy Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Anybody else notice that the hand holes flare out quite a bit? Is this the intended style?
  • VodkatiniVodkatini Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited November 2014
    I am new here so first of all hello everyone. :) -{

I am very interested in buying this peacoat but as I live in France (very high importation taxes) I want to be sure of the size. That's why I would like some help regarding the sizing on the coat.

I usually wear size Medium. I am looking for a nice fitted look (I hate having lot of extra space) with a thin sweater and currently hesitating between S or M.
    I am 6'1 tall, 174 lbs
    Shoulder across : 17,5"
    Chest : 39"
    Waist : 31"

Thank you for your help !
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Vodkatini wrote:

I am very interested in buying this peacoat but as I live in France (very high importation taxes) I want to be sure of the size. That's why I would like some help regarding the sizing on the coat.

I usually wear size Medium. I am looking for a nice fitted look (I hate having lot of extra space) with a thin sweater and currently hesitating between S or M.
    I am 6'1 tall, 174 lbs

You are the same chest and shoulder size as me and I bought a medium and tried a small and wish I had went for a small
    Ross
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Vodkatini wrote:

I am 6'1 tall, 174 lbs

You weigh 20 lbs more then me, but pretty much same specs. I grabbed a medium and it fits perfectly; looks fitted, but a little room to layer.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Vodkatini wrote:

I am 6'1 tall, 174 lbs

Philweezer found this and posted it in another thread, a 40% saving....

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/billy-reid-bond-wool-blend-peacoat/3928862?origin=category&BaseUrl=Men&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=10&cm_ite=1&siteId=je6NUbpObpQ-i88WBqvEHWucFKDkWQP1pQ
  • BLU8 wrote:
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

Use the coupon code 10YEARS to get 20% off from the Billy Reid website.

http://www.billyreid.com/category/mens-1/outerwear/bond-peacoat-collection.html

AAAAAAND....purchased! thanks for the heads up!
  • UNCLE27 wrote:
    Vodkatini wrote:

I am 6'1 tall, 174 lbs

Philweezer found this and posted it in another thread, a 40% saving....

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/billy-reid-bond-wool-blend-peacoat/3928862?origin=category&BaseUrl=Men&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=10&cm_ite=1&siteId=je6NUbpObpQ-i88WBqvEHWucFKDkWQP1pQ

Saw this, but it's only for the black color...not for me, i love the navy...
  • jermyzyjermyzy Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Saw this, but it's only for the black color...not for me, i love the navy...

Just FYI, the navy is a very dark navy, pretty close to black
    Billy Reid Cyber Monday sale is on. 20% off any order through midnight central time, Dec 1.

Online Code: CYBER
  • KMHPaladinKMHPaladin Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    To add to the 20% Cyber Monday sale directly through Billy Reid - it looks like you can get the Large or Extra Large (1 left) on Farfetch.com at a 30% discount + $10 shipping. This seems like a deal aggregator site and the retailer they're showing is Carson Street Clothiers in NYC, if you go to their website they are not showing the jacket in stock so YMMV.
  • oenoneoenone Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has been beaten to death already, but looking for some size advice.

5'6 145 lbs (very athletic build)
    29" waist measurement when buying pants
    usually order a 38S (typically needs to be taken in) or a 36S (a tiny bit too tight, but closer to the correct fit) for suit jackets
    usually buy dress shirts with 32" sleeve lengths

I went ahead and ordered a S with the 20% cyber monday promotion - and now I'm wondering if maybe I should have gone with the XS instead. I like a fitted look (though obviously not overly tight). Since it is on backorder either way, I don't think it will be a big deal to change from S to XS if that is recommended.

Thanks!

Somewhat related question: Any thoughts on the 90/10 charcoal material vs the 80/20 navy? I am a little partial to the navy color (i think...) but at the same price I would definitely consider switching to the charcoal if the material is noticeably nicer.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    oenone wrote:
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has been beaten to death already, but looking for some size advice.

5'6 145 lbs (very athletic build)
    29" waist measurement when buying pants
    usually order a 38S (typically needs to be taken in) or a 36S (a tiny bit too tight, but closer to the correct fit) for suit jackets
    usually buy dress shirts with 32" sleeve lengths

I went ahead and ordered a S with the 20% cyber monday promotion - and now I'm wondering if maybe I should have gone with the XS instead. I like a fitted look (though obviously not overly tight). Since it is on backorder either way, I don't think it will be a big deal to change from S to XS if that is recommended.

Thanks!

Somewhat related question: Any thoughts on the 90/10 charcoal material vs the 80/20 navy? I am a little partial to the navy color (i think...) but at the same price I would definitely consider switching to the charcoal if the material is noticeably nicer.

I would suggest XS for you phone to see if it's been dispatched.

I can wear a small fitted and am a 39 chest

Ross
  • KMHPaladinKMHPaladin Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    anything Medium or below is supposedly on backorder until Dec 12th anyway. either way, I wouldn't worry if you live in the States, their website states exchanges are complimentary.
  • oenoneoenone Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    KMHPaladin wrote:
    anything Medium or below is supposedly on backorder until Dec 12th anyway. either way, I wouldn't worry if you live in the States, their website states exchanges are complimentary.

Thanks for the replies guys. Turns out there is actually a retail store near me, so I went there and sure enough XS was the right size. Thanks for the tips!
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Use the coupon code HOLIDAY to get 20% off a purchase of $250 or more from Billy Reid. The code is good until December 16th.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I have heard from one very prominent member that the BR Pea coat is not the best out there and fits small. Can anyone who owns once confirm this?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    No one here is buying it because "it's the best out there." I'd say the fact that it's unlined makes it a less than ideal winter coat, but also aids in its slim fit. I have a small that fit me pretty snugly about 40 pounds ago, but now it's a little roomy. :)
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    No one here is buying it because "it's the best out there." I'd say the fact that it's unlined makes it a less than ideal winter coat, but also aids in its slim fit. I have a small that fit me pretty snugly about 40 pounds ago, but now it's a little roomy. :)
    Great, Since I live in Florida it might be a decent semi cold coat. Right now I need something heavier for a extended northern trip.
  • RelaxasaurusRelaxasaurus Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Has this jacket been discontinued? It seems to be removed from the site...
    Has this jacket been discontinued? It seems to be removed from the site...

It's still there:

http://www.billyreid.com/mens/featured/bond-peacoat-collection.html

I think they just updated some of the urls.