Heeeelp Pleeease!

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I'll defiantly purchase it when it's released {[]
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Me too. Support local as I always say! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'll give it a go as " Suck it and see" is my family motto ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    count me in :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Infact this will be my second Book from an AJB member. {[]

I hope everyone remembers this when my book..
    " The history of the knob joke in British cinema"
    Hits the shelves ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Infact this will be my second Book from an AJB member. {[]

I hope everyone remembers this when my book..
    " The history of the knob joke in British cinema"
    Hits the shelves ! ;)

No better person to write such a history! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    A little Bondesque. This attempt introduces the name of my character.

an_ungentlemanly_act_map_final_2_Copy_Copy.jpg

All components allude to the story.

Thoughts please.
    BTW thanks for the support.

I am still writing the thing. I'm into the last couple of chapters, then comes the re read/write(s).
    That's a nice cover. -{
    What Model of Pistol is that?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Its a Belgian made .32 cal FN Model 1910.
    Out of interest Stag have you done any research for your story, I.E. is
    It based around a real event ? Or is the time period just a favourite of
    your own.
    Out of interest Stag have you done any research for your story, I.E. is
    It based around a real event ? Or is the time period just a favourite of
    your own.

Aside from other things I am a keen amateur WW2 historian. As far as research goes I have a multitude of books which I have been drawing from. As for real events yes & no. The story ties in with actual events of that period but has no basis in fact other than that. Similarly the organisation which Harry Flynn works for is an independent (fictional) arm of the real secret/security services of the time. I think the term is 'faction'.

Obviously I can't go into much detail at this stage but I do intend to post a few exerpts from time to time.

The book cover is very important to me & that's why I appreciate comments. Personally I prefer my last effort.
    I can also report that it is entirely as a result of joining AJB that my interest in writing has been rekindled.

In effect you lot only have yourselves to blame!!!!
    Your welcome ;)
    I'm no expert on WW2, but I find some of the stories of real operations
    Amazing. -{
    I once read my late Grandads Home Front Booklet. Interesting stuff -{
    As a kid many of my favourite comics like Warlord and The Victor were all
    Set during WW2............... Then I discovered skin mags. ;)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    Your last effort is good, I like it. I wasn't sure about the design of the title in your first effort on that cover design, but this font is really nice.
    I'm no expert on WW2, but I find some of the stories of real operations
    Amazing. -{

As said my book is a fictional event intertwined with a real operation. That operation was a very important one indeed & its (fictional) disruption is where my man becomes involved. The methods Harry Flynn uses are straight from SOE training manuals so, when he's engaged in unarmed combat for example, his techniques are correct & as taught to British agents of that time. Getting the historical aspect of the story correct is very important to me, especially as the sub plot of the work is grounded in fact.
    Sounds great -{
    Could I put the covers to the vote please? Of the efforts I have posted which is your favourite?

Personally I prefer the last one - the map/gun/passport combo.
    I'd second that, looks great. -{
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    +1
    I too prefer the last one -{
  • JCRendleJCRendle Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    Had a little play with your ideas...

tumblr_nqyjllGQAH1rv0z1no1_1280.jpg
    That's amazing :)
    {[] Agreed, looks great. -{
    Very good cover! :) -{
    WOW that's great! Would you mind if I used this design? Just one thing though. Although he works within the British Intelligence apparatus, he's not actually a spy! He's an assassin/saboteur & most definitely not a gentleman (though he likes to portray himself as such). The whole 'ungentlemanly' thing is reference to his occupation. Would it be posible to change the middle line on the back cover?

Does anyone hve any suggestions for this?

Meet Harry Flynn

An Ungentlemanly act.