Spy Thriller!

stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
One or two members are already aware that I am currently writing the first in a series of spy novels which I intend to publish on amazon. The idea was born from a short fan fiction piece I wrote here on AJB. I have put an interesting spin on the main character & the ficticious arm of the real British Intelligence with whom he is employed. I am currently just over the halfway mark but have no date in mind as to when the thing will be published. Up to this point there has been much action & a couple of girls. Hopefully when completed I will contact the admin/mod team to ask permission which (if given) will then enable me to post some more detail & extracts from the book so that those interested may get a taste for it.

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Wishing you good luck - looking forward to reading it. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, Best of luck, Stag {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent
    As you know stag, I'm really looking forward to reading this. I will be purchasing it from Amazon as soon as it becomes available. :) -{

Is there a title yet?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    As you know stag, I'm really looking forward to reading this. I will be purchasing it from Amazon as soon as it becomes available. :) -{

Is there a title yet?

Thank you & I appreciate your interest. My first sale! The book is called 'An Ungentlemanly Act' & it is set in 1942. At its core is the most ungentlemanly arm of the British Intelligence services & their efforts against the axis powers. I suppose some people could draw some similarities between my character & Bond but actually they are diametrically opposed. As said there is much action throughout as I have endeavoured to keep the pace up as much as possible. I post an extract from the point in the work where the main character makes his first appearance. Sorry for starring out his name but I want to keep that under wraps for now.

***** regarded himself in the mirror as he considered that last evenings events then smiled knowingly from beneath the thick white beard. With a few decisive strokes of the razor the shaving foam was gone. Rinsing his face before patting it dry with the hand towel, he turned & padded barefoot from the bathroom. She was still in bed, face down & naked, sleeping the sleep of the dead. ***** gently pulled back the covers to reveal what lay beneath then bent to kiss the base of her spine. Working his way slowly up he brushed aside the long black hair & set to work on her neck. She was awake now & groaned softly as he nuzzled her ear. She turned to lay onto her back & ***** felt her arms about his bare shoulders. "Darling." She sighed as their lips met. Tentative at first, the kisses became more intense as she ran her hands along his spine. ***** pulled away the bath towel to reveal his own nakedness & slid sideways into bed...................

As you can see he is a bit of a lad where the ladies are concerned.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I like what I've read so far :)

I'll defiantly purchase a Copy when it's out.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    PHEW, IT'S FINISHED!!!!!!!

Now for the re read/write. unfortunatetly I cannot devote the time I would like to this project hence how long it is taking. Life first hobbies second :(

If anyone is interested I'll post a snippet or two from the bewk.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Yes, I'd be interested in reading that, stag. Congrats on getting it finished as a first draft. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes, please show us a Chapter or two :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, Congratulations {[] it must be a great feeling to have it finished. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Thank you all for your interest.

No chapters, just a few selected short passages (which may be subject to alteration as the rewrite begins) so as to enable those interested to get a feel for how I write. As for rewriting I intend the leave the thing for a couple of weeks now in order that I can approach it with a fresh eye.
    edited July 2015
    Deleted post.
    edited July 2015
    Deleted post