Daniel Craig Personal Effects (WDW)

Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
I was thinking instead of various posts everywhere that we organize things into one. Makes it easier does it not? I looked but did not find a thread like this so in case I missed it please delete this one.

I know from reading other posts that DC wears or has worn in the past the following items in real life;

Hats/caps: Stetson
Shirts: Sunspel, Rag & Bone
Jackets/Coats: Baracuta
Belts:
Pants: Scotch & Soda
Socks:
Shoes/Boots:
Watch: Omega
Personal grooming:

Feel free to add anything missing.

EDIT: I've slightly changed the topic subject since there is a great Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/whatsdanielwearing/) that details a lot, if not most, of what we are looking for.
Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

Comments

• JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    edited August 2015
    Oh man, this is a topic I am probably a little too well-versed in. Good idea for a thread!

Hats: Stetson
    Shirts: James Perse, Orlebar Brown, Save Khaki
    Sweaters: N.Peal, John Smedley, Prada, Maison Martin Margiela
    Belts: Prada? Probably TF, RM Williams
    Pants: Save Khaki, Scotch & Soda, Adriano Goldschmied (the 'Matchbox' cut jeans), Levi's
    Footwear: Crockett & Jones, Church's, RM Williams (first seen in Layercake, and he still wears them), Nike (especially high-tops), Adidas, Hummel, supposedly Converse but I've never seen an actual photo.
    Watch: Omega, Rolex (seems to personally prefer this when not at press events for Bond)
    Jackets: Billy Reid, TF, Belstaff, Helmut Lang, Canada Goose, Penfield
    Accessories: iPhone, TF, Persol
    Underwear: 2Xist (we know just because of that one photo)

From my own research over the years into his wardrobe in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I feel these brands are worth noting as he seemed to adopt a lot of them into his personal rotation:

Sweaters: Maison Martin Margiela
    Shirts: James Perse, Save Khaki, Hartford, Vince Camuto
    Pants: Scotch & Soda, Save Khaki
    Jackets: Scotch & Soda, Moncler, possibly TF
    Accessories: Mykita, Apple, Marlboro Reds
    Footwear: Unknown, but his brown suede boots could be Church's
    Underwear: Hot Chilly's, Icebreaker

I'll probably add links with pictures later, just feeling a bit lazy at the moment.
  • Jeff LynneJeff Lynne Washington DCPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    Oh man, this is a topic I am probably a little too well-versed in. Good idea for a thread!

Hats: Stetson
    Shirts: James Perse, Orlebar Brown, Save Khaki
    Sweaters: N.Peal, John Smedley, Prada, Maison Martin Margiela
    Belts: Prada? Probably TF
    Pants: Save Khaki, Scotch & Soda, Adriano Goldschmied (the 'Matchbox' cut jeans), Levi's
    Footwear: Crockett & Jones, Church's, RM Williams (first seen in Layercake, and he still wears them), Nike (especially high-tops), Adidas, Hummel, supposedly Converse but I've never seen an actual photo.
    Watch: Omega, Rolex (seems to personally prefer this when not at press events for Bond)
    Jackets: Billy Reid, TF, Belstaff, Helmut Lang, Canada Goose, Penfield
    Accessories: iPhone, TF, Persol
    Underwear: 2Xist (we know just because of that one photo)

From my own research over the years into his wardrobe in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I feel these brands are worth noting as he seemed to adopt a lot of them into his personal rotation:

Sweaters: Maison Martin Margiela
    Shirts: James Perse, Save Khaki, Hartford, Vince Camuto
    Pants: Scotch & Soda, Save Khaki
    Jackets: Scotch & Soda, Moncler, possibly TF
    Accessories: Mykita, Apple, Marlboro Reds
    Footwear: Unknown, but his brown suede boots could be Church's
    Underwear: Hot Chilly's, Icebreaker

I'll probably add links with pictures later, just feeling a bit lazy at the moment.

Here's your Converse picture: http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2564531/daniel-craig-supports-rachel-weisz-at-premeire-05/fullsize/
    Nice! Thanks, hadn't seen that one before.
  • TheGrimFandangoTheGrimFandango California, USAPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    Mantis goes pretty in depth here and here regarding Craig's clothing and grooming choices. Too lazy to go in and copy the brand names and styles down, so hopefully someone else will be willing. :)) For personal grooming, I do remember Ursa Major face tonic is mentioned in one of the videos (which I use and is excellent) along with some Tom Ford items.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I was thinking instead of various posts everywhere that we organize things into one. Makes it easier does it not? I looked but did not find a thread like this so in case I missed it please delete this one.

I know from reading other posts that DC wears or has worn in the past the following items in real life;

Hats/caps: Stetson
    Shirts: Sunspel
    Belts:
    Pants: Scotch & Soda
    Socks:
    Shoes/Boots:
    Watch:
    Personal grooming:

Feel free to add anything missing.

Oh my, I can understand it when a collector recreates a wardrobe from a particular movie, but why would anyone want to know what a particular actor wears off screen? It borders on stalking to me. Would people really like to know what underwear Craig prefers and how his socks stink?
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    Oh my, I can understand it when a collector recreates a wardrobe from a particular movie, but why would anyone want to know what a particular actor wears off screen? It borders on stalking to me. Would people really like to know what underwear Craig prefers and how his socks stink?

It's definitely an area of fandom where I respectfully bow out...
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    If he likes DC's personal wardrobe there's nothing to it
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    If he likes DC's personal wardrobe there's nothing to it

Agreed. Who is anyone to judge what someone else enjoys or what hobbies they have? I'm sure everyone of us does someone that others find strange...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree, if you like a particular style a person wears. I can't see anything
    Wrong with, trying to get some of the same clothes. Especially if you look
    Good in them. -{
    I go with the " Jim Royal " look myself. ;) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    While I perfectly understand the desire to use the famous we admire - or not! - as fashion templates, I AM amazed about the desire for YOUNG AJBers tyring to emulate Craig.

If you are in your 20s, early 30s why in hell would you want to dress like an old man who's probably your dad's age??????
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Even if you like someone's style, it doesn't mean that their clothes will look good on you! Be creative, find something that matches the style you admire AND suits you as well! :))

Of course people have different interest (some even illegal!), but I'm not sure I would like it if someone was trying exactly the same clothes as me! :s
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Not everyone has such a good sense for colours and style - just like myself :D - so there is nothing wrong about following the great fashion icons of our times :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I remember being told years ago, if you want to know how to dress. Just
    Follow the Royal Family, which ever member is closest to your age, as they
    Get the best advice and have to keep up with fashions.
    Sadly, I got it a bit mixed up and followed the Japanese Royal Family. :# spent
    Years dressed as a Japanese samurai, wandering around my garden. ;) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    I remember being told years ago, if you want to know how to dress. Just
    Follow the Royal Family, which ever member is closest to your age, as they
    Get the best advice and have to keep up with fashions.
    Sadly, I got it a bit mixed up and followed the Japanese Royal Family. :# spent
    Years dressed as a Japanese samurai, wandering around my garden. ;) :))

And this dear AJBers is why AJB007 needs THUNDERPUSSSHY.... sheer utter brilliance -{ :))
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Like Steve McQueen, Craig has influenced people's style (though not even close to McQueen's level of influence). For me there are pieces he wears that I like based on the fact that I like a timeless look, but for his other choices I leave that to others...I do admit I started wearing shawl sweaters after QoS (so did Craig it would seem) and now in my agency people see me as the shawl sweater guy even though this look has hit mainstream in the North East for some time...
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    While I perfectly understand the desire to use the famous we admire - or not! - as fashion templates, I AM amazed about the desire for YOUNG AJBers tyring to emulate Craig.

If you are in your 20s, early 30s why in hell would you want to dress like an old man who's probably your dad's age??????

Since he's 47 now, he'd have been quite a young dad. And then Daniel Craig doesn't dress particularly "old" either. One problem for us twenty-somethings who want to dress better is that there's tons of advice everywhere on suits, but much less on (smart) casual wear. Therefore, the young Bond-enthusiast naturally turns to Craig, because the amount of casual outfits in the movies is limited and he is the most contemporary (and: youngest) of the actors, who also gets the most media attention.

Hope I could help (although I don't even follow his personal wardrobe closely). :007)
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent

because DC dresses very stilishly :)
    and it definately looks better than kids having their trousers at their ankles and wearing these dredfull snapbacks :(|)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

Daniel Craig actually dresses like a man in his 20s or 30s and certainly not like most men his age dress. However, I think he usually dresses terribly when on his own. The caps he wears make him look like a 60-year-old man (both in style and because they are unflattering to him), but then again he wears caps to hide from the masses, not to look good. As Bond, he typically dresses much better. That is, when his clothes aren't too small on him.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    There's nothing wrong with liking what he wears, he pretty much always wears nice stuff, just don't expect to look like him wearing it.
    There's nothing wrong with liking what he wears, he pretty much always wears nice stuff, just don't expect to look like him wearing it.

I'd actually guess that almost any of the younger members here would look better than Daniel Craig does wearing these clothes:

2_B3221_F000000578_0_image_m_68_1439028153695.jpg

That's one of the least flattering outfits I've ever seen him wear, but someone in their 20s may be able to pull it off better. Though the black jacket and tan shoes really don't work well together.
    Matt S wrote:

Daniel Craig actually dresses like a man in his 20s or 30s and certainly not like most men his age dress. However, I think he usually dresses terribly when on his own. The caps he wears make him look like a 60-year-old man (both in style and because they are unflattering to him), but then again he wears caps to hide from the masses, not to look good. As Bond, he typically dresses much better. That is, when his clothes aren't too small on him.

From what I understand, he often dresses oddly in the hopes of not getting noticed in public. Or that's just his excuse for when he doesn't feel like making the effort...

Personally, I like a lot of what he wears and have taken inspiration from it. Emphasis on inspiration. I've never copied an exact outfit because that's just not really how I like to dress personally. It's fine by me if others go all the way.

To those saying it's weird or creepy to care so much what DC wears, I find that a bit of a silly argument on a board in which members will obsessively chase down exact items for a movie we haven't even seen yet (a practice which I quite enjoy, just to be clear). I recognize the difference between a fictional character and the real actor, but it still feels like the pot calling the kettle black.
    Im curious if the next Bond actor will garner attention towards his personal wardrobe/accessories as well.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    I can't imagine traveling anywhere with Rachel Weisz and expecting not to be noticed. ;)
    Matt S wrote:

Interesting observations, as usual, Matt, but you don't think its a case of Craig's personal stylist just having a different kick-off point than your own perhaps more conservative one?

Why a personal stylist? Because as an oustider - ie someone like me with no fashion industry involvement, ever - Craig's look seems too calculated and his use of conflicting colours too deliberately "just thrown together" to have been, well, just chucked together. I suspect DC pays a wee bit to be actually advised to dress this "badly". There is, now, a Daniel Craig image, and it has to be worked. Could be wrong.

On the caps, I suspect they are just an element of this. I think DC actually believes they make him look good, stylish. And I'm not sure the real reason is to "hide" from the masses; a flat cap, essentially, in DC's world, screams "look at me... I'm famous".
    Matt S wrote:

Interesting observations, as usual, Matt, but you don't think its a case of Craig's personal stylist just having a different kick-off point than your own perhaps more conservative one?

Why a personal stylist? Because as an oustider - ie someone like me with no fashion industry involvement, ever - Craig's look seems too calculated and his use of conflicting colours too deliberately "just thrown together" to have been, well, just chucked together. I suspect DC pays a wee bit to be actually advised to dress this "badly". There is, now, a Daniel Craig image, and it has to be worked. Could be wrong.

On the caps, I suspect they are just an element of this. I think DC actually believes they make him look good, stylish. And I'm not sure the real reason is to "hide" from the masses; a flat cap, essentially, in DC's world, screams "look at me... I'm famous".

I do indeed have a conservative idea on how to dress, but I'm aware of how to combine items in more adventurous ways that still work. Considering that Daniel Craig had some input into the clothes from Skyfall, I doubt he has a personal stylist for everyday wear. These clothes don't look like they clash in a calculated way. It looks like Daniel Craig picked some clothes out of his suitcase and put them on. If he's travelling, I don't expect him to have all of his clothes on hand, and he may not have the best choices to choose from. Sometimes I wear things that clash as an experiment, and I don't usually like how they turn out. This look isn't supposed to be an "image" because he's trying not to be noticed. I know people who flat caps (someone I work with only two years younger than Craig does), so I don't find them that unusual. Most celebrities wear hats and sunglasses when they don't want to be noticed. If I was walking down the street next to Daniel Craig in these clothes, I don't think I would notice him. He's actually visited the building I work at and I don't think many noticed.
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

I do indeed have a conservative idea on how to dress, but I'm aware of how to combine items in more adventurous ways that still work. Considering that Daniel Craig had some input into the clothes from Skyfall, I doubt he has a personal stylist for everyday wear. These clothes don't look like they clash in a calculated way. It looks like Daniel Craig picked some clothes out of his suitcase and put them on. If he's travelling, I don't expect him to have all of his clothes on hand, and he may not have the best choices to choose from. Sometimes I wear things that clash as an experiment, and I don't usually like how they turn out. This look isn't supposed to be an "image" because he's trying not to be noticed. I know people who flat caps (someone I work with only two years younger than Craig does), so I don't find them that unusual. Most celebrities wear hats and sunglasses when they don't want to be noticed. If I was walking down the street next to Daniel Craig in these clothes, I don't think I would notice him. He's actually visited the building I work at and I don't think many noticed.

You don't think you'd notice DC if he passed him in the street dressed like this? Wouldn't you be instantly drawn to the fact that here was a bloke in his late 40s dressing like someone 20 years younger?
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Got to remember DC is a Cheshire lad and for us blokes in our forties flat caps were a pretty common feature of men's clothing in northern England in the 60's and 70's when DC would have been growing up, so maybe is a northern working class roots thing.

Besides, better a flat cap than a baseball cap 8-)
    I think we're giving him too much credit, as others have noted he more then likely just threw it on with little to no care if it looked right, its usually the case when he's not expecting to be photographed which makes sense.
    You don't think you'd notice DC if he passed him in the street dressed like this? Wouldn't you be instantly drawn to the fact that here was a bloke in his late 40s dressing like someone 20 years younger?

I see hundreds of poorly-dressed men every day. Why would I think anything of it? I see men in their fifties dressing like this with their gut hanging over their skinny jeans. I notice well-dressed people and block out everything else.
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    edited August 2015
    DC dresses the same way a lot of us guys around his age in London dress. If you go out in my area around the weekends, and before anyone asks it's typically upper middle class with a lot of media types and a few celebs (Cillian Murphy drinks in my local pub) then you'll see this kind of dressing down image everywhere. It's almost like a complete reversal of going to work 'suited and booted' Monday to Friday that we just dumb it down on the weekends. It's a bit of a West London image, oh and the flat caps have been a fashion staple for the last 4 or 5 years too. Hats have been shunned for a long time but the flat cap is on the rise again as is the beanie hat.