Spectre Mr White jacket

As mentioned in another post, a thread dedicated to this jacket may be an idea.
So far all we have to go on is a Neil Barrett post saying he had something in the film. And that all the other jackets have been ID'd welshie has found the closest thing similar with a jill sanders jacket.

Feel free to add pictures to the post for reference. happy hunting.

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I think its strange Barrett went all quiet after a very early instagram boast. Maybe he supplied something that was discarded / not seen hence no follow up etc or maybe it was a minor item (think DBS took a chance on a Neil Barrett beanie)

Im sure if it was out by now somebody would have spotted it (I search latest items each werk on the usual retailers - Porter etc). Kind of feels like we are running out of time on this one with designers unveiling spring / summer collections already.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    maybe the company is going to release it just prior to the premiere when the euphoria (and willingness to spend money) is the biggest ?:)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    edited October 2015
    Here is a summary:

First up is the Tom Ford jacket that never was. We presumed this was going to be it before production after Mantis had info from his contacts. I guess it was a candidate that never made the cut but we got a rough idea what was to be finally used

Bond25_TFJacket.jpg

The trailer confirms its not Tom Ford though has asymmetrical zipper:

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-24%20at%206.36.43%20AM.png

Neil Barrett hints on instagram that Bond wears SPECTRE but never elaborates what, where, when etc

Barrett%20Instagram.png

More stills appear showing more details of the jacket e.g. buttons on inside of zipper etc (not sure the point of those buttons apart from aesthetics)

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-24%20at%206.29.02%20AM.png

Untitled_1.jpg

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-01340.jpg

Closest found appears to be discontinued Jil Sander (2014 season possibly) however the collar is totally wrong and the colour to dark a Navy (its not black by the way)

jil-sander-blue-zipped-wool-biker-jacket-product-2-2200332-453256099_large_flex.jpeg

jil-sander-zipped-wool-biker-jacket-0.jpg
  • boxawboxaw Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Still not convinced personally it's an asymetric zip - it looks offset but straight-up to me... My wooyoungmi find is closest :P

http://assetsprx.matchesfashion.com/img/product/1020850_1_large.jpg

But no darn zips on sleeves.
    Well the zipper goes up one collar on one side and behind it on the other. So maybe offset is correct term like you say

I think the Sanders is closer then the wooyoungmi. Closer collar., zips on sleeves, zipper pulls etc and no fur
    Not sure it does go up the collar, it stops. I think we are picking hairs unfortunately as, one thing for certain is that we're both wrong as it's neither. I just wish we'd found it :)

(Also on a lot of these coats the fur/shearling collar is detachable).
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well the zipper goes up one collar on one side and behind it on the other. So maybe offset is correct term like you say

I think the Sanders is closer then the wooyoungmi. Closer collar., zips on sleeves, zipper pulls etc and no fur
    Its kind of like a hybrid of the two
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I'm massively frustrated by this jacket...it's part of my favourite outfit of them all and I've been holding off on other items in case it turned out to be Tom Ford (hence astronomically expensive). I find it bizarre that, whoever produced it is neither promoting its involvement in the Bond production nor cashing in on it...unless it's form an old collection (or vintage...) and was just picked by the costume designer (which would be unlikely...).
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Whilst I'd be surprised, the jacket could have been custom made for the film - in which case, you won't find it anywhere.

All will revealed before too long, anyway.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    I'm with you jigen, I wanted the varavtos but thought I would wait. I agree with welshie, why boast then go quiet? Can't see it being Tom Ford because we have too many sources who would've confirmed. Is it Billy Reid? that's been proven wrong already! is it going to be like the barbour was for skyfall? more affordable, so therefore they're keeping quiet for now knowing the demand will be huge. it's a shame we haven't seen anymore images from that scene.
    Yes good point Holden it could (hopefully wrong) be custom.

Also it could be some daft rare piece and even exclusive to one store. Remember the Harrods Moncler jacket? (ok it was not the one used in SPECTRE in the end but was blatantly used as a template by Tom Ford). This jacket was only ever seen in Harrods and even Moncler could not comment on it at the time, it was as if it never really existed (like Quantum)
    One of those pictures the zip certainly looks off centred but does appear to do straight up.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    One of those pictures the zip certainly looks off centred but does appear to do straight up.

I agree, pic of DC in doorway you can see the zip is almost vertical, and possibly offset.

The wooyoungmi has a shearling collar, which the Mr White jacket doesn't, and the close up of DC leaning across the table doesn't seem to suggest it is a removable on either.

I still think that to date my find is the closest, no shearling collar and offset vertical zip, (although on photo on Lyst has been reversed!)

http://www.lyst.com/clothing/richard-nicoll-wool-melton-biker-jacket-blue/

However the cut of the collar is wrong.

As mentioned, all just meaningless as it isn't it, and will no doubt end up being a NB
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Perhaps NB is waiting until after the movie is released to reveal the jacket?
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Closest I've found is a Cheap Monday Wool Moto jacket. It's not it, but it's close. Also sold out most places.

The jacket, with our luck... haha, will probably end up like the QoS navy harrington jacket; made by Tom Ford for the movie, not available for sale pretty much anywhere.

otf_2_cheap_monday_trickle_a_biker_jacket_.jpg
    ^ think that pretty much sums things up.

You find something very similar and assume it must be made by said designer etc then you see another by somebody else!!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    say it was custom made for the film by TF wouldn't they release it in limited items like the rest of the Spectre stuff?
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    This is by far the most intriguing jacket of the film for me.. Lucked out on the JV at the discount price.... Just hope a really good secondary market opens up as it did for the Harrington.. If a very well made version were produced I'd be all over it.. (As most here would)...
    Someone mentioned on another thread that Neil Barrett confirmed nothing was featuring in the film? Could all be said to through people off the scent. I'm getting the feeling it will be like the Harrington although I really hope not!
    With all the shenanigans about the TF pricing, I hope not too :)
    Someone mentioned on another thread that Neil Barrett confirmed nothing was featuring in the film? Could all be said to through people off the scent. I'm getting the feeling it will be like the Harrington although I really hope not!
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I've recently purchased a budget alternative during a trip to Japan (from Ships, the Japanese equivalent of JCrew). It's a short coat. The colour, the fabric, the collar are the same but there's no zippers (just buttons) which makes it not screen accurate. That being said, I'm really satisfied with the overall outfit, pairing it with the npeal turtleneck and a budget version of the wooly hat. While I'm waiting for the screen accurate coat release (or a replica of it), I'm happy to be able to partially recreate the Mr White outfit this winter. I'm also not a massive fan of the zippers on the sleeves, I already have the JV jacket for when I want to look edgy...I think that's enough. Pictures to follow.
  • JimmythegentJimmythegent Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    I don't think this jacket is Neil Barrett. Zip looks to small compared to his others.

http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/men/neil-barrett-super-skinny-trousers-item-11079483.aspx?storeid=9728&ffref=lp_pic_47_12_
  • TheGrimFandangoTheGrimFandango California, USAPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    Here's the back of the jacket..not sure if this helps.

jbbr_SPECTRE_Still_091015_1.jpg

shoulder area has strange horizontal stitching?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

shoulder area has strange horizontal stitching?

It is odd. Doesn't look like it spans the entire back.

Offset zipper but with buttons, zippered sleeves, partial seams...this jacket is just a hodge-podge of elements but it works. Very fashion forward. Yet with all these distinctive elements the jacket still hasn't been identified.

I don't know if this jacket is in any action scenes, unlike the JV or the Solden which are. Was it a custom design or maybe a designer's production sample that may have been modified by EON since only one jacket was required?
    I'm genuinely stumped by this jacket. Great seeing the outfit all together though!
  • JimmythegentJimmythegent Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    The boots look like they are Norhcote by C&J.
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    I found this budget alternative to the jacket https://www.zalando.co.uk/shine-original-winter-jacket-navy-or322l002-k11.html?wmc=AFF44_AW_EN.79682_..&awc=3356_1444644757_470bfaa8b0eee7b855f649aaeb15b05a

I bought it but it hasnt arrived yet. Granted, ts not that close when it comes to the details but I do like the style and those epaulettes give it a military, navy feel. Worn with the collar zipped up more I think it can look really nice with a grey roll neck :) And its a good price!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    The boots look like they are Norhcote by C&J.

They are the Radnor. If you look closely at the heel of the left boot you can see the tread.