Bond's flat in SPECTRE

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    If we cast our minds back to SF ,M tells Bond,that due to his death ,all his belongings ie his flat had been disposed of ,So in my book ,Bonds flat in SP ,looks very much just moved in ,havnt had time to get new furniture ect ect .As sniperuk says ,Bond ,from his naval and also his public school days ,all his belongings would all be squared away ,it would be second nature to him .So I think he has just moved in shall we say.

Well, we don't know how long S and SP is, but Moneypenny asks him point blank... on entering his flat
    "just moved in" which he replies, quite clearly, "no!"

Why do people not understand that getting, or decorating a flat might not seem important...???

This Bond is not the pedantic, squared away type, he's got more important things to do.... is that really so hard for people to accept? 8-)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    If we cast our minds back to SF ,M tells Bond,that due to his death ,all his belongings ie his flat had been disposed of ,So in my book ,Bonds flat in SP ,looks very much just moved in ,havnt had time to get new furniture ect ect .As sniperuk says ,Bond ,from his naval and also his public school days ,all his belongings would all be squared away ,it would be second nature to him .So I think he has just moved in shall we say.

Well, we don't know how long S and SP is, but Moneypenny asks him point blank... on entering his flat

Why do people not understand that getting, or decorating a flat might not seem important...???

This Bond is not the pedantic, squared away type, he's got more important things to do.... is that really so hard for people to

accept? 8-)

I don't personally care ,if he has or has not just moved in ,likes living in a mess ,living very Spartan ,ect ect
    a question was asked ,and I gave my view :D but as I said in a different thread ,being a AJB er has to a degree ruined watching
    the Bond films ,as now I just automatically dissect every scene ,instead of just sitting there and enjoying the film . :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Lexi wrote:

This Bond is not the pedantic, squared away type, he's got more important things to do.... is that really so hard for people to

accept? 8-)

I don't personally care ,if he has or has not just moved in ,likes living in a mess ,living very Spartan ,ect ect
    a question was asked ,and I gave my view :D but as I said in a different thread ,being a AJB er has to a degree ruined watching
    the Bond films ,as now I just automatically dissect every scene ,instead of just sitting there and enjoying the film . :)

Yes, but it's actually STATED in the film....

that is what I'm struggling with.... it can't get much clearer. :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    ah was it ,I might have been in the loo at that time :) I will try to catch it 2nd time around,
    ah was it ,I might have been in the loo at that time :) I will try to catch it 2nd time around,

I'm sure you'll catch it, the next time round. :)
    its those 2 gallon buckets of coke you get in the cinema ,they go right through you, I should know better at 56 . :D
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    its those 2 gallon buckets of coke you get in the cinema ,they go right through you, I should know better at 56 . :D

Well once you've drunk the 2 gallon bucket of coke, you've then got an empty 2 gallon bucket so you don't need to go to the loo :D
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I love the scene in the flat. Especially as he has leather sofas and stripped wooden floors with no carpet. They could have been filming at my place! Hahahahaha
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:

Well once you've drunk the 2 gallon bucket of coke, you've then got an empty 2 gallon bucket so you don't need to go to the loo :D

The last 30 minutes of the film were painful for me to,I started thinking Jeez this is a long film, not because I was bored but...
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    IanT wrote:

You made my day :D But it's true, even me (and I'm 24 not 56!) I stopped buying coke in cinema because I am sure as hell that I will skip a few minutes of every movie because of it. :< On the other hand - Bond would never order a COKE or anything else probably, which makes me similar to 007. So I got that going for me, which is nice. :))
    MrZareba wrote:
    Bond would never order a COKE or anything else probably, which makes me similar to 007. So I got that going for me, which is nice. :))

Except in his Mount Gay rum in CR (which incidentally is the only way I drink Coke now)
    IanT wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    Bond would never order a COKE or anything else probably, which makes me similar to 007. So I got that going for me, which is nice. :))

Except in his Mount Gay rum in CR (which incidentally is the only way I drink Coke now)

Well technicaly he order a Mount Gay with soda... Which makes me wondering - since soda is a term used commonly to describe Coca-Cola in the US but in Europe it means sparkling water (I guess?) - has Bond received a drink he didn't want in the end? :D
    MrZareba wrote:

Well technicaly he order a Mount Gay with soda... Which makes me wondering - since soda is a term used commonly to describe Coca-Cola in the US but in Europe it means sparkling water (I guess?) - has Bond received a drink he didn't want in the end? :D

You're right, he does order a Mount Gay with soda. But in my opinion, it looks too dark, so I reckon he got Coke in it. But I may be wrong. Usually am. Don't care though, coz I'm happy. :D
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    I haven't seen the movie yet so I just wanted to ask: was the scene with Bond in a bath robe included in the movie or not?

Sir Miles answered above. It is seen but very briefly.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Not wanting to start another reference idea but ......
    ... I remember watching Moonlighting ( I was a big fan) and in one episode
    They showed. David Addison's ( Bruse Willis) Flat. Which was completely
    empty except for a TV, a chair and a Bed. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Chri360936Chri360936 Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I took his reply of "no" as almost sarcastic, as if to say "why would you ask that?" although it is obvious he had just moved in. Just my take on it.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    IanT wrote:

The last two times I've seen it, I hit the bathroom right after the car chase ;% ...because I know the next bit is political expo w/M & C...

I do hope we see his flat a bit more squared away at some point ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • om3ga_seamasterom3ga_seamaster Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Not wanting to start another reference idea but ......
    ... I remember watching Moonlighting ( I was a big fan) and in one episode
    They showed. David Addison's ( Bruse Willis) Flat. Which was completely
    empty except for a TV, a chair and a Bed. :D

I remember that episode - I think it was when Maddie showed up. Her first time there. Great show!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Chri360936 wrote:
    I took his reply of "no" as almost sarcastic, as if to say "why would you ask that?" although it is obvious he had just moved in. Just my take on it.

My thoughts exactly.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    I disagree. I think he actually has lived there for awhile and it is very Bondian of him to never be totally unpacked and unorganized.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Though the scene was brief, being a fan of Fleming's novels I was very satisfied that the Mendes team went to all the trouble of finding a Regency building and flat that was as close to the one Fleming had described as they could. Granted, it wasn't it Chelsea, but I had no problem with that. Since they didn't say where it was in the film, it could still fictionally be there, even though it's not in reality.

Having him not totally moved in and unpacked made sense and reinforced the reality of his life at that moment. In fact, as much as I was looking forward to it, Mendes and the writers and actors did such a good job that when it finally came I was surprised at how natural it came across. Though new to audiences, to me it seemed to suit Bond perfectly and I liked that they did not make any fuss over it. Doing it at night just added to the atmosphere and even comforting feeling that if portrayed despite the ramifications of what the scene was about. Even though he was alone, he seemed at home on the sofa in his robe and though they could have perhaps written it in such a way that Moneypenny wasn't in the scene, it was better that she was. Visiting him "off duty" and at his home made it more real and personal for me and just added that much more weight and character to them.

I've studied a still of the room and noticed the painting on the floor by the fireplace. It's a portrait of a horse - not recognizable at first as the painting is on it's side. I wonder if anyone will ever be able to identify it. It looks a bit like a Stubbs, but the detail is a little to fuzzy for me to be certain.
    I may be misremembering but I'm fairly certain that when Moneypenny comes to see Bond at his flat that we see a whisky glass either in his hand or on a counter/table.

If so has anyone identified the make of it?
    I may be misremembering but I'm fairly certain that when Moneypenny comes to see Bond at his flat that we see a whisky glass either in his hand or on a counter/table.

Macallan 18 Year Old -{ It was identified in the trailer. He has the bottle on the table and the glass on the floor, which he picks up after he starts playing the message from M.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

Macallan 18 Year Old -{ It was identified in the trailer. He has the bottle on the table and the glass on the floor, which he picks up after he starts playing the message from M.

It's the glass people want, not the drink!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

Correct. It's the whisky glass I'm interested in. -{
    Matt S wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:

Correct. It's the whisky glass I'm interested in. -{

You just had to make it difficult, didn't you ;)
  • nn75nn75 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    My first posting.
    I thought I would come with a hint on the item by the fireplace left pillar.
    I think its a radio of som sort, maybe a bose speaker.
    http://physical-products.com/wp-content … eakers.jpg

and by the tv it looks like a camera on the left hand side?

and by the pictures behind the sofa it looks like a briefcase, possibly from swaine brigg.
    http://www.swaineadeneybrigg.com/store/ … _3_a_1.jpg
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Hello nn75, and welcome to AJB.
    We have an introduction for new members here: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45180/introduction-how-to-use-the-forum/
    and please feel free to introduce yourself to us here: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34154/welcome-comings-goings/page/64/
    I just noticed tonight while watching Spectre again, there are what seem to be two wine glasses on the kitchen counter behind Moneypenny with some red wine still in them. Was Bond entertaining?

Also on that same counter appears to be a whisky glass similar to what Bond is drinking out of. Any high-res images available?
    I just noticed tonight while watching Spectre again, there are what seem to be two wine glasses on the kitchen counter behind Moneypenny with some red wine still in them. Was Bond entertaining?

Also on that same counter appears to be a whisky glass similar to what Bond is drinking out of. Any high-res images available?

Considering the way Bond is dressed (partially undressed from his office suit), he couldn't have been entertaining that evening. He would have changed his clothes that he wore during the day. My guess it that Bond had guests a day or two earlier and hadn't washed the glasses yet. It's pretty clear from the way he keeps his flat that he's a slob when keeping his place put-together.