Listen to this cover for Sheryl Crow's 'Tomorrow never dies'

ONON Posts: 2MI6 Agent
A stripped down version for Sheryl Crow's Tomorrow never dies, we kindly ask for your oppinion. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2iiJ5DAJ26Y

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Ups, sorry - what was the question again?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ONON Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Higgins wrote:
    zzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Ups, sorry - what was the question again?

thank you for the feedback, can you please be more specific?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    I prefer The Shadows' earlier work... :D

Ignore Higgins, he's just sore that Roger Moore isn't still Bond.

Okay cover, but it was never the most dynamic song, maybe redo the high notes on some of the choruses if you can. Nice video, but most of the Bond themes require big lungs.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Julius No M.D.Julius No M.D. Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    It's a good cover. If the movie were made in the Connery era, it would sound a little bit like your cover. It's a more calm soothing song without the shrillness of Crow's, although I think the vocals could've been better mixed and there's a little too much reverb on them.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    I actually thought that was pretty good but I'm probably one of the very few here that like the Sheryl Crowe song 'Tomorrow Never Dies' so what would I know? :D

Like Nap said above it's very stripped down and has a Dr. No score feel to it more than a modern vibe, which was no doubt the intention; to give the song a more retro classic Bond sound.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    It's a pretty good cover of one of the lesser Bond songs. I question why one would want to cover this song. It has some awful lyrics. I mostly dislike the song since it replaced the original, much better theme sung by k.d. lang, which was renamed and moved to the end titles.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • TheWorldIsEnoughTheWorldIsEnough Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    much better theme sung by k.d. lang

YES!!!!
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    ON wrote:
    A stripped down version for Sheryl Crow's Tomorrow never dies, we kindly ask for your oppinion. Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2iiJ5DAJ26Y

I like this, and the video concept for it... charming and sexy :-)
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.