US Opening Weekend Gross For SPECTRE

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im still shocked to hear that the car chase scene was supposingly 40-50 million alone. It was hardly a classic car chase was it? EON def not getting bang for buck, I mean half of ot must have been internal shots of DC making a hands free phone call

Maybe this info is not correct

I think I heard something similar. They spent a lot of money on making the film look great. I think Spectre was the best-looking Bond film in a very long time, but looks don't matter without substance.

Have to agree with that, Matt S....a few extra quid spent on the script would (should) have made all the difference -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "There on to the minor technical awards, like writing "
    The Naked Gun 33 1/3. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im still shocked to hear that the car chase scene was supposingly 40-50 million alone. It was hardly a classic car chase was it? EON def not getting bang for buck, I mean half of ot must have been internal shots of DC making a hands free phone call

Maybe this info is not correct

I think I heard something similar. They spent a lot of money on making the film look great. I think Spectre was the best-looking Bond film in a very long time, but looks don't matter without substance.

Have to agree with that, Matt S....a few extra quid spent on the script would (should) have made all the difference -{

Writing is so important, yet it's such a small part of the budget in an action film. But spending £40 million on writing won't guarantee anything except overpaid writers.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Writing is so important, yet it's such a small part of the budget in an action film. But spending £40 million on writing won't guarantee anything except overpaid writers.

Wow ! You think a "few extra quid" equates to £40m :o wouldn't mind emptying your bins at Christmas :))
    YNWA 97
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Wow ! You think a "few extra quid" equates to £40m :o wouldn't mind emptying your bins at Christmas :))

I was just trying to compare how far a little money can go in writing with how little a lot of money can go with action.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    I've always been crestfallen by the writer's low position in the filmmaking food chain :# Particularly since he lays the foundation on which the entire project must stand. Or not.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Vicsane007 wrote:

His ongoing commentary on SP, after writing perhaps the second worst review the film got, has been interesting to follow.

Also interesting is that he clearly expects one more from Craigger.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    He also expects Bond 25 next year!
  • TheOmegaManTheOmegaMan Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    He also expects Bond 25 next year!

It's possible. EON have stated that pre-production in it's earliest stages begins in April 2016. If they have the barebones of a story or even a script ready now (based on the speculation that SPECTRE was going to be two movies filmed back to back) then they could easily be ready to shoot by December of this year which would allow for a Nov 2017 release.

Craig might be keen to get the last one over and done with.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I'm not saying it's impossible. It would be unusual, but I don't think anyone here would complain!
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    He should stick to financial analysis. When it comes to reviewing Bond films, his head is clearly up his......... :)) -{
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    It's available through streaming and comes out in video format next week, but SPECTRE is still making a little money at the U.S. box office. As of January 4, it stands less than $476,000 away from making a full $200 million during its theatrical run. Come on, dollar-movie-goers!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I've always been crestfallen by the writer's low position in the filmmaking food chain :# Particularly since he lays the foundation on which the entire project must stand. Or not.
    There's the story of the screen writer who was on the set when a young starlet started flirting with him. He told her she wasting her time--he was only the screen writer, and she walked away in disgust.

I think it was a Billy Wilder story.

One reason that screen writers don't get the recognition they deserve is because film is a visual medium. Producers and directors believe they can take a second-rate script and still make a good film through the acting, directing, editing, etc.

This, sadly, usually turns out to be untrue.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    It's available through streaming and comes out in video format next week, but SPECTRE is still making a little money at the U.S. box office. As of January 4, it stands less than $476,000 away from making a full $200 million during its theatrical run. Come on, dollar-movie-goers!

I guess its going to be very hard now its down to $11-12K a day with the Blu Ray about to be unleashed!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    I wonder what the Sony/MGM/Eon execs are thinking right now...... remember reading somewhere that sometimes actors get bonuses if films cross certain thresholds...
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    And it's still squeezing out money at the box office! Just $385,000 more and it will reach $200 million in the U.S.!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Despite having been released in the U.S. four months ago and now being available through DVD/BluRay and streaming, SPECTRE is still in some theaters. If it can make just over $93 thousand from the dollar theaters and college showings, it will make $200 million.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    It's not that it's STILL in theaters. It was re-released for the express purpose of getting it to 200 million. At 200 million Sony can charge more for cable and streaming rights. Greedy move.
    Business.
    :)) Yes nothing personal .
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    I hope it makes it so the producers and the studio can get their money's worth but I seriously doubt it will, as January\February was when this movie hit the dollar theaters.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    :)) Yes nothing personal .
    Exceptionally well played sir. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Certainly just business, but a bit crass and I can't say I'm losing sleep over them falling short of their goal :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Looks like it will crawl over 200 million in US

box-office mojo has it at $199,959,126
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    We should have a gofundme effort to pay for a few U.S. AJB members to keep going until it tops the $200m mark.
    Yes, we want them "Perfectly Rounded" {[]
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    The AJB members, or the final Spectre box office number?
    Boxoffice obviously, all the AJB members are well rounded cool catz,
    ain't no Squares here, Daddy-O.
    ( sorry for my use of contemporary kids street lingo ) :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Boxoffice obviously, all the AJB members are well rounded cool catz,
    ain't no Squares here, Daddy-O.
    ( sorry for my use of contemporary kids street lingo ) :D
    Throw it, shallow. You own the dump, bowl.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS