SPECTRE Bluray & DVD

123457»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) the other day I watched it three times.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Tried to watch it again yesterday, got halfway through the titles thought "f*** this" and put FRWL on instead ,still IMHO the worst of the movies.
    Come on , FRWL isn't all that bad ! ;) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:
    Tried to watch it again yesterday, got halfway through the titles thought "f*** this" and put FRWL on instead ,still IMHO the worst of the movies.

The first time I think I've ever heard FRWL called the worst of the movies. :#
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    To be fair to old SniperUK, he wasn't saying that. I was just pulling his leg about how he'd
    written it. :) just as you are pulling his leg too. ;) no one can doubt the greatness of FRWL. :x
    it is good .......... Not Spectre good obviously, but close ! :D
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    At last the Blu-Ray is out in South Africa. Got my copy yesterday, and watched all the special features last night (which didn't take very long at all.) Certainly the most disappointing Bond release ever in terms of supplemental material, although I thought the piece about the Mexico scene was very good. If only there could have been similar material for the rest of the film then I would have been fairly satisfied. And a director's commentary too!

Now I just need to find an appropriate evening to rewatch the film...all my nights are fully booked already this week!
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Golrush007 wrote:
    At last the Blu-Ray is out in South Africa. Got my copy yesterday, and watched all the special features last night (which didn't take very long at all.) Certainly the most disappointing Bond release ever in terms of supplemental material, although I thought the piece about the Mexico scene was very good. If only there could have been similar material for the rest of the film then I would have been fairly satisfied. And a director's commentary too!

Now I just need to find an appropriate evening to rewatch the film...all my nights are fully booked already this week!

I was thinking the same thing honestly. I would have loved to have seen more behind the scenes footage. Also, I'm disappointed in the level of releases lately. I remember when CR came out it came in a special edition set with some poker chips and two decks of cards. What happened to those cool releases with collectibles? Even Star Wars, which came out yesterday, didn't include any special items.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    You can read between the lines on the Spectre home video release that they weren't terribly pleased with the end product. From the sort of muted press tour (compared to the celebration of Skyfall) to the lack of bonus features and commentaries (again, compare the TWO separate commentaries included with Skyfall), it's kind of clear that Eon weren't in a very celebratory mood about Spectre. (See also: the Quantum Of Solace DVD)
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    You can read between the lines on the Spectre home video release that they weren't terribly pleased with the end product. From the sort of muted press tour (compared to the celebration of Skyfall) to the lack of bonus features and commentaries (again, compare the TWO separate commentaries included with Skyfall), it's kind of clear that Eon weren't in a very celebratory mood about Spectre. (See also: the Quantum Of Solace DVD)

Maybe they just thought it was not an anniversary movie so there was no need for any particular bells and whistles?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Apart from commentary did Skyfall have any extras - I only remember mega short lazy web clips!?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Skyfall had a fairly comprehensive making-of documentary. About an hour in length if I remember correctly.
    Watching Spectre again tonight, I have to say how much I really enjoyed the Train fight.
    Brilliant bit of fight choreography, lots of little bits of business. Also the fact that there is
    no music, just the sounds of punches. When the music does kick in in the cargo carriage
    to my unenlightened ear, sounds very Hitchcock.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    SPECTRE is world class Bond. Dan goes out on a definite high note.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Very disappointed with the current SP features.... A few years ago two-discs were released, jam-packed with extra material. And now we get a few features, not even trailers? Come on...
  • DENIS BONDDENIS BOND Posts: 63MI6 Agent
    Where I can buy Blu-Ray SPECTRE with enhanced packaging (slip)?
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    DENIS BOND wrote:
    Where I can buy Blu-Ray SPECTRE with enhanced packaging (slip)?
    I got one with a slip at Best Buy.
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby
    Yeah thats the one.
    -{
  • DENIS BONDDENIS BOND Posts: 63MI6 Agent
    Thanks! -{
    Remington wrote:
    Yeah thats the one.
    -{
    My pleasure.
    -{
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Ugh, even though this has been mentioned many times i'm going to bring it up again...the p**s poor special features/extras on the Spectre release are extremely disappointing! Over the past couple of days i've been having a marathon rewatch of all the Bond special features and, especially for a modern release, SP could've done so much better than just the two things. Just looking at Brosnan's four and Craig's three previous releases, all had between five and nearly twenty extras (Goldeneye and Skyfall, A+). I would love to have seen a substantial making off doco with lots more cast and crew interviews. The very short nine minute video blogs extra (of which a nearly two minutes was about Smith's theme, which is apparently "one of the greatest Bond songs in history" -BB) could definitely have been expanded to cover the whole of production.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Ugh, even though this has been mentioned many times i'm going to bring it up again...the p**s poor special features/extras on the Spectre release are extremely disappointing! Over the past couple of days i've been having a marathon rewatch of all the Bond special features and, especially for a modern release, SP could've done so much better than just the two things. Just looking at Brosnan's four and Craig's three previous releases, all had between five and nearly twenty extras (Goldeneye and Skyfall, A+). I would love to have seen a substantial making off doco with lots more cast and crew interviews. The very short nine minute video blogs extra (of which a nearly two minutes was about Smith's theme, which is apparently "one of the greatest Bond songs in history" -BB) could definitely have been expanded to cover the whole of production.
    That's an interesting observation you bring up because I remember both CR and SF have had the most special features of the Craig films. And they're the most successful and beloved of his films too. Not that QOS and SP were massive flops or anything but I wonder if there's any correlation between a Bond films success and the subsequent time put into it's home video release.
    Watching the 4k version of SPECTRE, i think the HRD really helps control
    the highlights in the desert sequences of the film.