In what Bond film .......................

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Who played Number24 then? :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Who played Number24 then? :D
    Some liberal Norwegian chap with an obsession with the SOE!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    In one of the Connery films (exclude NSNA), there is a band playing and in the background there is a white man dancing (I know, there could be several). This person however gained fame not as a singer, dancer, actor, writer or musician but for other reasons.

Can you name the person and the film he was in? Plenty of clues if no one gets it right away.
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Can we have one of these hints? I'm guessing the film is Thunderball.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    As it was only a 3 to 1 shot anyway the film is Dr. No. I know there are two dance scenes in TB (Cafe Martinique and at the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang club) and one at Pussfellers nightclub in Dr. No. And I'm not even positive there's dancing in DAF. I'm fairly certain there wasn't any dancing in FRWL, GF or YOLT. Anyway, I've attached the relevant scene.

Here's a further clue. I'm associated with the name (not the naming of) of one of the Bond films.

And this is where you just have to think a bit liberally. i.e; DN - I may be famous in the medical profession, FRWL - possibly from that country, a cosmonaut, Olympic athlete, banned Olympic athlete (sorry, couldn't resist), GF, DAF, GE - maybe mining and so on.

It's probably still a bit ambiguous so choose one from the following films: DN, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS, DAF, MR, OP, GE or CR.

More clues if necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u0OmHXWEvw
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Would it be Chris Blackwell, ( Island records) ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Would it be Chris Blackwell, ( Island records) ?

Congratulations TP - very well done.

I thought it may have taken a couple more clues but I forgot who I was dealing with ;) -{

Was Goldeneye the clue that gave it away?
    :)) To be honest, I don't know were I pulled his name from, although subconsciously, " Goldeneye"
    May well have been pushing me in his direction. Marvelous question by the way -{ a real head
    Scratcher.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) To be honest, I don't know were I pulled his name from, although subconsciously, " Goldeneye"
    May well have been pushing me in his direction. Marvelous question by the way -{ a real head
    Scratcher.
    Which head were you scratching? You may need some cream?
    :)) The one I do my thinking with. ;)
    :)) where you're concerned I'm still none the wiser :))
    Which well known director added his vocal talent ( uncredited ) to QOS ?
    ?:) ?:) ?:)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    Which well known director added his vocal talent ( uncredited ) to QOS ?

That would be Guillermo Del Toro -{
    YNWA 97
    Yes. {[]
    Where was his voice used?
    Oh wait let me guess, the taxi driver or the radio in the taxi?
    Alfonso Cuaron (however you spell his name) is also credited as the helicopter pilot, he's another director (did Gravity).
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Thanks, I didn't know about him. -{
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Just a shame neither of them had a larger role- as director instead of Marc Forster...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Not my turn but who really cares?

In YOLT there a couple of actors who played NASA technicians and also had roles together in another Bond film.

Can you name the film and the actors?
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    OGG007 wrote:
    In YOLT there a couple of actors who played NASA technicians and also had roles together in another Bond film.

Shane Rimmer and David Healy both showed up in DAF -- Rimmer as Whyte's hapless technician Tom, and Healy as the Vandenberg launch director whom Whyte calls to try and abort Blofeld's satellite.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    OGG007 wrote:

Shane Rimmer and David Healy both showed up in DAF -- Rimmer as Whyte's hapless technician Tom, and Healy as the Vandenberg launch director whom Whyte calls to try and abort Blofeld's satellite.
    I just remembered, there are actually three YOLT NASA actors who were in both...Ed Bishop played Klaus Hergersheimer in DAF.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Well done Sir Hillary. Ed Bishop and Shane Rimmer were the two I was thinking of but you are right - there were three. -{
    Just thought I'd restart this as I only just found this one out.....

In what Bond film does a comedy film director make an appearance, and who is the director?
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    In what Bond film does a comedy film director make an appearance, and who is the director?

CR67 (Woody Allen?) and Ken Hughes?
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
    Not what I was thinking of.....it's an official EON Bond film.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Any clues? :p
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Garry Marshall in GF?
    Correct!
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    My turn, I guess :)

In what Bond film we can see a monkey playing the trombone? :o :(|) :))