If Blofeld were recast...

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
Everyone is talking about who should be the next Bond, but if Craig leaves, Waltz has said he doesn't want to return. So, who would be your choice for the next Blofeld?

If the series were rebooted, and the whole brother thing dropped, then Patrick Stewart. I seriously think he could bring a menacing performance similar to Pleasence; not physical, but a villain who could prove a match for Bond anyway.
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Well having watched the TV spy series "The Night Manager" I think Hugh Laurie would make a great villan, not just Blofeld but any Bond villain. He is really menacing in that John Le Carrie adapted mini series.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Vincent D'Onofrio, excellent as Kingpin in Daredevil.

kingpin.jpg

Tell me that's not Blofeld.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Mark strong
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Mark strong

A big +1! He was excellent in Sherlock Holmes, he's a great villain!
    EF40_F37_A_762_B_47_E6_B151_BD821853_CBFF_520_0000003.jpg
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    I think Stellan Skarsgård would make an interesting Blofeld. He's good at portraying a quiet sort of menace.

To be honest, I always have a hard time imagining who should play Blofeld, since his appearance and even his manner differed in each novel he appeared. Maybe the role needs an under-the-radar, chameleonic actor who could seem believably different in each film. That would help distance the character from the bald-guy-in-a-nehru-jacket-with-a-cat image and get back to Fleming's original creation.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I've always wanted to see Alfred Molina play a Bond villain, and I think he could make a decent Blofeld.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • OakvaleOakvale Pennsylvania Posts: 155MI6 Agent
    I think we should get out of the mindset that it has to be a stocky bald white guy.

An Asian Blofeld, or a handsome Blofeld, both speak to me for some reason. They just would make sense.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Mark Strong would be a great Blofeld, in the same vein as Telly Savalas. But I also think Oakvale is on to something too.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Just as a point of interest Hardyboy,
    Alfred Molina played Blofeld in the BBC radio version of Thunderball.
    I also love the idea of Mark Strong as Blofeld. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Mark strong would be great as a villain or another 00
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Bmorelli11 wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:
    Mark strong

A big +1! He was excellent in Sherlock Holmes, he's a great villain!
    EF40_F37_A_762_B_47_E6_B151_BD821853_CBFF_520_0000003.jpg

I agree! And he has a personal connection to Craig, which should make for some great chemistry on screen!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Ulrich Matthes
    4254_200.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Oakvale wrote:
    An Asian Blofeld, or a handsome Blofeld, both speak to me for some reason. They just would make sense.

An Asian Blofeld doesn't make much sense to me because of the name. They could make an Asian Blofeld who was adopted by European parents, and he has psychological issues because his adoptive parents didn't treat him as well as they treated their natural child. Because character development needs to have childhood issues. :#
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Ulrich Matthes
    4254_200.jpg

oh man you've hit the nail on the head with this guy ,what a great actor ,sadly being a Bond villain would even more type cast him as a megalomaniac nut case ,but the part he played (we know the one ) was awe inspiring a great performance . :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    edited January 2017
    He's absolutely phantastic and in private life a brilliant guy, too

I wish him as a 007 villain for years, but he may play Dannyboy out of the window

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Ulrich Matthes
    4254_200.jpg

Wasn't he considered for Le Chiffre or am I thinking of someone else?
    I think so, but he said that he was committed to a theatre tour and didn't want to breech his contract. Like I said, he's a phantastic person in real life

• BroccoliBroccoli Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    How about Warren Beatty?
    I always thought Ben Kingsley would make a great bond villain or even Blofeld, he has gravitas.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Years ago, American character actor Bob Gunton basically became Blofeld for a Sylvester Stallone movie. I always thought he'd be great.

bob.jpg

In terms of other actors, I saw someone a week or so ago that I though would be great, but I can't remember who. I'll post when I do.
    We can close this thread: That's him!

image1va15fnxz7j.jpg

Higgins wrote:
    We can close this thread: That's him!

image1va15fnxz7j.jpg
    Looks like Al Murray pub landlord
    yesterday, I was forced to see his ar*e :#

Each to their own
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    yesterday, I was forced to see his ar*e :#

From what I heard you weren't forced :o
    YNWA 97
    You've heard wrong! X-(

I also remember times when people wanted Ben Kingsley to become a Bond villian (not necessarily Blofeld).
    How would you guys feel about him doing it nowadays?

Me: I think he's a bit overdone when it comes to villians, and Waltz defenitely would have my preference over him. Still though, looks wise and acting wise, he has what it takes when I think about it. But he would be far from my first choice...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    I also remember times when people wanted Ben Kingsley to become a Bond villian (not necessarily Blofeld)...

For many years I wanted Kingsley to play Tamil Rahani -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I also remember times when people wanted Ben Kingsley to become a Bond villian (not necessarily Blofeld)...

Of course {[]
    I read "role of honour" but not " nobody lives forever" is it a decent read? I've had mixed results with gardners books.
    Sir Miles wrote:

Ah, the continuation novels. Sadly I'm still a virgin when it comes to those! Must get my hands on them at some point!