RIP Roger Moore

IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
Sad to hear that Roger has died today age 89

This day keeps getting worse

Comments

• Matt1979Matt1979 Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    Terrible. RIP Mr Bond

Loved watch the Man with the Golden Gun on Sunday.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    RIP Sir Roger
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    To me the greatest Bond of all. Rip Sir -{
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    So sad to hear this, I grew up watching
    Roger as a kid, then the was my Bond.
    RIP Roger Moore. -{
    Thank you for all the years of fun. I'm sure he'll
    Be keeping the British end up, in Heaven
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    No. No, no, no, no.
  • HinksHinks Peterborough, UKPosts: 40MI6 Agent
    I just read this on another forum a rushed over here, It is very sad news and with losing Chris cornell aswell this week it seems like all my childhood heroes are disappearing .

R.I.P Legend.
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    R.I.P. Sir Roger Moore.
    A true gentleman.
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    A gentleman in everything he did. One of the proudest to have played Bond even in his last moments..
    Nobody does it better, RIP Sir Roger.
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    I'm gutted by this. I'm sure all of you are feeling the same by this sad sad news... :#

Nobody does it better! -{

R.I.P Sir Roger Moore
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Moores Left EyebrowMoores Left Eyebrow Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Genuinely gutted to hear about the passing of Sir Roger.

I have very fond memories of growing up watching his Bond movies with my dad. In my younger years he was my favourite Bond.

A true gentleman. You will be missed.
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    R.I.P. Sir Roger :(
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Absolutely gutted :# R.I.P Sir Roger.
    What an awful day.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    In the summer of 1978, I was a 13-year old boy living in sunny Southern California. Cable television was just being introduced, and a channel called OnTV was offered in my area. All it did was play movies, and apparently it didn't have rights to too many of them, because it seemed like an endless spool of just a few films, including Futureworld, Logan's Run, Gator, and Bugsy Malone.

Oh -- and The Spy Who Loved Me.

I had never seen a Bond film before, and to say TSWLM drew me in is a colossal understatement. I probably watched it 20 times over the course of the summer, and to this day I can recite it line for line. I was mesmerized by the global sweep, the gadgetry, the archvillainy, the music -- and especially by this suave, wisecracking, OxBridge-accented guy named Bond.

Long story short, I saw Moonraker many times in the cinema the next year. When Betamax, VHS and videodiscs took hold a short time later, I gorged on the previous Bond films. Right after that, I read all the books. All because of Roger Moore. Did he end up being my favorite Bond? No. But there can only be one first, and he was mine. It is no exaggeration to say I owe my Bond fandom to him more than to anyone else.

RIP, Sir Roger. I am posting in this community of like-minded people primarily because of you.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited May 2017
    I've teared up right now and it will eventually escalate into me crying.
    This day keeps getting better and better. Nobody does or did it better. Such a great loss.
    The first Bond actor who is no Moore. And to think I watched a bit of The Spy Who Loved Me in the morning. My favourite Bond.
    Rest in Peace Sir Roger.
    Thank you for making me laugh all this time but today...today well...
    "Mr Bond, I bid you farewell."
    a reasonable rate of return
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Isn't there already a thread for Bond alumni passing away ?
    Yes. This time, though, I'm not enforcing that rule.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    RIP Sir Roger. This has to be the saddest Bond news since Cubby or Desmond Llewellyn died. He is my favourite Bond, and I can't imagine anyone else coming along that could ever change that. I just posed a tribute to his style on my blog, since despite how dated some find his clothes, there is so much brilliance in them that still holds up today.

And this thread better not be closed. Moore deserves to have his own thread and not be lumped in with the "Bond Alumni: Tributes and Updates"!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Blood_StoneBlood_Stone Posts: 183MI6 Agent
    Didn't care for the rest of his silly Bond movies, but he was amazing in "For Your Eyes Only". His book was a good read too. RIP.

DAhEmgRXUAEh7L0.jpg
    [Edited by Barbel. Use PMs if you have to.]

Anyway I'm very glad I met the man, the legend, when I did, he was a true Gentleman.
    Matt S wrote:
    And this thread better not be closed. Moore deserves to have his own thread and not be lumped in with the "Bond Alumni: Tributes and Updates"!

Couldn't agree more.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Why did he have to be so good...
    Matt, will you make a tribute to him as you did with Foster?
    a reasonable rate of return
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    89. A life well-lived. Cheers to him.
    [Post removed after complaints. Barbel]
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Why did he have to be so good...
    Matt, will you make a tribute to him as you did with Foster?

He was the best! And I already did: http://www.bondsuits.com/roger-moore-fashionable-bond-passed-away/
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    all aware of the horror of last night and are deeply saddened and angry BUT this is a thread about the passing of Sir Rog, so let's just keep it to that shall we!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    RIP Sir Roger

Roger-Moore-Rolex-Single-Red-Submariner.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Live and Let Die was the first Bond film I saw and it just blew me away!
    A fantastic Bond and a true Gentleman.
    RIP Roger. Thank you.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    I was born in 1986, so I was not alive during Roger Moore's tenure as James Bond. Nevertheless, Roger was my dad's Bond, and like many of you, I watched my first Bond film with my father. The film we watched was The Spy Who Loved Me. It remains my favorite to this day, and Roger's suave, elegant portrayal of Bond remains the one against which I judge all the rest. -{
  • CB0012CB0012 Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    A first class individual and to me the definitive elder statesman for the brand. Now sadly the first to leave us, but what a tremendous legacy he left us with.

Godspeed, Sir Roger.
    CRB wrote:

Unbelievable (literally). I have to question your judgement. I'll leave you to grieve. And maybe think about your actions.