Last Bond movie you watched.

Comments

• heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Watch the PTS of QoS to test out my 5.1 system :D
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Just watched DAF ( always a fun outing ) and now TMWTGG -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Watching The World Is Not Enough...the colours are more vivid than what I remember them to be.
    Don't pay any attention to what I said in my review about them, they are quite stunning in the Bilbao sequence.

There are also some very nice cuts in the PTS, money checking machine-to Moneypenny and Bond looking out the window for the sniper.

More updates soon.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Was watching SPECTRE earlier today after I had only watched it before my holiday.

It's still one of my favourites. Time is flying with this film. Feels short like QOS really.

SP is an artistic masterpiece, Mendes really got it right with that one in about every possible aspect.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Was watching SPECTRE earlier today after I had only watched it before my holiday.

It's still one of my favourites. Time is flying with this film. Feels short like QOS really.

SP is an artistic masterpiece, Mendes really got it right with that one in about every possible aspect.
    I came out of the theatre and wanted it to be even longer!
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    Watched SP myself the other day. While it's still at the bottom of my ranking, I still enjoy quite a bit of it and I know I'm a little too hard on it. It's a very well made film. Lol I don't agree on the length though.
    :))
    And since I was in a Brosnan mood today, I watched TND and DAD. Both extremely underrated IMO. TND is so awesome. DAD is ridiculous during the second half but I just have a such a good time watching it. The nostalgia I have for Brosnan's films doesn't hurt.
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby
    Remington wrote:
    Watched SP myself the other day. While it's still at the bottom of my ranking, I still enjoy quite a bit of it and I know I'm a little too hard on it. It's a very well made film. Lol I don't agree on the length though.
    :))
    And since I was in a Brosnan mood today, I watched TND and DAD. Both extremely underrated IMO. TND is so awesome. DAD is ridiculous during the second half but I just have a such a good time watching it. The nostalgia I have for Brosnan's films doesn't hurt.
    -{
    Differing opinions make the world go round -{.

I too love TND and seen it quite recently (day before yesterday, I believe). Listening to the soundtrack on a regular basis makes me remember the film...thus making me want to watch it. DAD is awesome up until Cuba. I love the scenes with his contact there but the Jinx dialogue could've been improved to say the least. England section is ok (yes, I love VR) but the Ice Palace scenes feel odd and un-Bond-ian for some reason. When he goes sneaking about in the night, it's Iceland. He should've put another layer on or just made it into a tactle-tux from TLD. After he shags with Frosty, the film felt as sleazy as it was in DAF when he shags Tiffany but on a different level. The part between is blurry but I like the idea of two gadget infested cars on ice, fighting. What comes after is stupid and blurry and I never watch the ending in wherever Bond and Jinx may be.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    Bit of FRWL on ITV4 last night.

The Bond and Kerim Bay banter is a bit sexist, a bit Kennedy era. Stuff changes, like the St Sofia stuff with handing over the map of the embassy (still not sure what's going on there) and later Bond says of the fellow he finds killed: 'Saved me having to do it..' It does sort of bring it home that the whole action hero thing was a nastier world, different times.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN

First I need to say, for me, this is a proper James Bond film, always considered it part of the series.
    I got the complaints about the missing PTS (which is melted here with the titles), the GB etc.

Not anymore though. The Craig era has done much greater sins concerning beloved Bond traditions.

NSNA features a stunning supporting cast. I love Bernie Casey as Felix, Q, M, MP, Blofeld....great actors all of them and wonderful in their parts of the well known characters.

As for production value I don't see how NSNA is in any way less impressive than other films of the 80s. It's a complaint I heard repeatedly so I address it here.

Sean Connery looks fantastic. That's what actually does work for an older Bond. I'm in fear of what will come in 2019 thinking of this issue.

As a re-make of Thunderball this works very well I think. The first 48 minutes are much more entertaining than in TB.

Personally I love Kim Basinger as Domino. She is so different to Claudine that it is almost impossible to compare.

But NSNA shouldn't be compared too much to TB anyway. Just take it as what it is. An alternate Bond universe created outside of the EON world.

I would have loved to see something similar again much later but it sadly never materialised.

The score I like too. The title song is fine and I'd rank it somewhere over OP, TND, DAD, QOS and SF.

The jazzy feel is great and works well in many scenes.

Fatima Blush certainly gave me a lot of wet dreams back in the day when I discovered NSNA, long after it was at the cinema of course.

Overall I like this film as much as the rest of the Bond films. Ranking it is difficult, it would not be at the bottom, maybe just outside the bottom six.

My favourite part probably is the first meeting with Rowan Atkinson on the street (just watch Connery's priceless facial expressions), the Game at the charity ball and Connery and Carrera's end-game.

There is an adventure feel to the film as well in the last act. Almost an Indy feel, I love the prison set, totally.

I also prefer the underwater scenes to the ones in TB. Here the length is perfect and I especially like the tense shark sequence which is shot and edited brilliantly. Anything but boring!
    Dalton Rulez™
    NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN

Fatima Blush certainly gave me a lot of wet dreams back in the day when I discovered NSNA, long after it was at the cinema of course.
    "This man is a fool for redheads."
    -Esteban, Kill Jason Vol 2
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Goldfinger

Enjoyed it as much as ever.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    Though not as much as BondJason' enjoyed Fatima Blush, I'd wager...

AVTAK, well much of it.

Moore is an arch so and so isn't he. "We could DOOOO with a couple of glasses..."

That said, his expressions... like when he is with Mons Aubergine in the Eiffel Tower restaurant, and John Barry's music changes to signify something sinister is going to happen, and Moore's expression changes to signify that. He was great at all that stuff.

Stunt doubles really too visible in ensuing chase however.

Not sure you can really get away with just dropping people out of an airship over Frisco Bay, wouldn't someone notice?

I like the EON family with all the office personnel, Richard Brownjohn and so on wasn't it? You missed that in NSNA as it was just Bond meeting M by himself, meeting Moneypenny by himself, meeting Q by himself and so on. That said it seems Moore is picking up on Connery's manner in that scene.

Always like AVTAK but as I get older I notice that Moore is looking too old for it in many scenes, though not all of them. Other times he looks younger than in years. And I do like his sarcastic way with the staff when he is at Zorin's castle.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    I notice that Moore is looking too old for it in many scenes, though not all of them. Other times he looks younger than in years.

I've noticed that as well. He looks good at Ascot, in M's office, mostly in France and fine in the PTS/finale. However he looks really old in some of the San Fran scenes, particularly the drive to Stacey's place.

He's slimmer in AVTAK than he is in OP, so when he looks good, I think he looks pretty damn good.
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    Diamonds Are Forever, and although I swapped roles with my dad by falling a sleep this time in stead of my old man, I really enjoyed the first half of it. DAF is a movie that's always better than I remember. Not that's suddenly on top of my list, it's still quite low, but better than I remembered.
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
    TLD earlier on TV and settling down now with SPECTRE -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Watched TMWTGG because I have "discovered" Christopher Lee in his great HAMMER era films.

As usual I love the film from start to finish, something is missing though and I can never put my finger on it what it is. But TMWTGG will never escape the bottom of my Roger Moore ranking and it's my No 20 overall which is not that bad.

I may be in a minority but what I really love about the film is the theme song from Lulu and how John Barry uses the theme continuously during the film.

Also Goodnight is one of my favourite characters. I always see her a bit like in the books. I always imagine at the end Bond will go to Blue Mountains with her after the credits rolled, off screen. That's my "happy end" for them and it lasts three years until Agent XXX comes along :))
    Dalton Rulez™
    Love MWGG, after MR/SWLM/LALD/OP it's one of my favourite Moore films. It certainly has a unique look to it but Hamilton should've left. I have come to the conclusion that it just doesn't feel to be...on-location. I know they were in Hong Kong/Macau etc. but it doesn't feel like it on screen. We only see what is of interested in what Bond is doing in the places he visits and not a blow-by-blow view of each and every thing he does like in say FRWL. As a result, it doesn't really feel like a high-budget movie.

Shame that we never got a "complete" score for Golden Gun, unlike most members here I (too) love the score.

I have a similar idea for LTK, only that Pam and Bond get married and we never get to see Pierce's era :p.
    Might just watch it 2night.
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    OHMSS

Such a great movie
    Diamonds Are Forever

Just finished it and my mood is much better now. The 60s to the 90s, THOSE were the times of pure fun and entertainment with love and passion being injected in each and every film.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    TMWTGG, just last night on one of the Starz channels. Good lord, I had forgotten how good Britt Ekland looked in a bikini.
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Seen The Wicker Man, Sir Hilary? :D
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    Spectre rewatch. Actually, first time since the cinema. I was very impressed by DC. Best since CR, IMHO. Really felt like he inhabited the role throughout. Just like he did in CR.

Liked the Rome sequence better than in the cinema. Don't know why.
    Loved the Alpine scenes. Even the plane bits.
    Loved the style of the clothing. Watched all that with different eyes having read some of the stuff here.
    Seydoux was great, too.

SO many good things about the movie, really. As well as the callbacks to previous films. Just a shame about you know what...near the end...
  • Bond00XLBond00XL Posts: 117MI6 Agent
    Dr. No...with my wife. Going to watch all films in order and be ready when 25 is released. She's really only been familiar with PB and DC. Looking forward to the entire journey again! The next two would both be in my top 5. Interested on her take.
    This weekend I did a triple feature:

TOMORROW NEVER DIES

DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME

that really worked well and I had all the fun possible.

"Lately" ...some years really.... I tend to love and prefer the Bond films that are especially fun(ny) and entertaining.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I watched LTK yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, the score was better than I remember all in all an excellent bond adventure. -{
    ( Higgins please don't feel compelled to respond...... I know.... We all know ;))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    I watched MR a couple of weeks ago. Not in my top tier of favorites by a long shot, but always fun. I will say that - having learned a lot more about orbital mechanics in my middle age - I've found more to cringe at, which I would not have believed possible.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Watching MR with the overacting scientists being killed.
    So many tonal shifts in MR. I love it regardless, but some consistency is left to be desired.
    DAF-MR-DAD the holy triumvirate of PURE FUN

none of those is anywhere near the bottom of my ranking...they are just to entertaining.

Moonraker is one of those films that came after an ICON. That's never easy, look at TND for instance.

Moonraker is The Spy Who Loved Me (DAF version). But fun. Pure.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Goldfinger, .......... again. :D
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Thunderball, last night. It's been a long time since I watched it all the way through, and for a while I have soured on what I consider to be its technical slackness (more obvious continuity and editing goofs than any other Bond film).

Well, as they say, time is a great healer. This time around, instead of nitpicking dubbed dialogue and scuba mask changes, I focused on the story, the colors, the music and the cast, all of which are superb. The Shrublands scenes (sexual blackmail aside) play out with a sense of fun that is almost totally absent from the series as it stands today. TB is back in my good graces.
    Hilly...you old devil!