The Wolf Creek Films and TV Series Discussion Thread

Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
edited June 2021 in Off Topic Chat
video-undefined-1F02CF8000000578-398_636x358.jpg

John Jarratt as Mick Taylor, the Outback pig hunter and serial killer antagonist of the Wolf Creek film and TV series.

Films:

Wolf Creek (2005)
Wolf Creek 2 (2013)
Wolf Creek 3 (TBC)

TV Series:

Wolf Creek Season 1 (2016)
Wolf Creek Season 2 (2017)

So, are there any fans of the two films or the TV series here? I've seen both of the films and am starting the recent TV series just now. It wouldn't be my normal choice of viewing as it is very gory but my friend got me into the films and I started to become a fan, though it is still very difficult for me to watch in places.

According to IMDb Wolf Creek 3 is in the works.

Anyway, here is the place to discuss the Wolf Creek series on film and TV.
"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I saw the first one and enjoyed it, my wife didn't so much.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sadly, I've never seen any. Although I've found many Australian films to be very
    good. I seem to remember reading that the first film was based (partly ) on
    the backpacker murders committed by Ivan Milat in the 1990s.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    Sadly, I've never seen any. Although I've found many Australian films to be very
    good. I seem to remember reading that the first film was based (partly ) on
    the backpacker murders committed by Ivan Milat in the 1990s.

They're recommended. Yes, both films are loosely based on true events like that one and the Bradley Murdoch case from 2001.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Interesting, Must give them a go. I do like a good Horror/suspense movie.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    Interesting, Must give them a go. I do like a good Horror/suspense movie.

Yes, I think you'd like them. -{
    The main character mentioned above plays an unhinged outback type very well, I'd never get Mrs coop to venture into the outback after watching that film.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    The main character mentioned above plays an unhinged outback type very well, I'd never get Mrs coop to venture into the outback after watching that film.

After watching Wolf Creek, I'd never even visit Australia period!
    I have so much admiration for students who travel the world, as my world view has been
    Shaped by Horror films :)) , I'd dread getting lost in Australia or in the Southern states of America :))
    Chriscoop wrote:

I don't blame you, there's a reason we sent them there you know :o
    Would they be more like the Texas chainsaw massacre or Halloween ? I.e. is it more
    In the slasher or saw, loads of blood or More the crazy stalker who can't be stopped ?
    I must give them a look, I'm sure they must be on Netflix or similar.
    Would they be more like the Texas chainsaw massacre or Halloween ? I.e. is it more
    In the slasher or saw, loads of blood or More the crazy stalker who can't be stopped ?

Kind of a combination of both elements, I'd say.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I don't blame you, there's a reason we sent them there you know :o

Yes, and that comes up in the gameshow-type torture scene in Wolf Creek 2 in fact.
    It's a bit "Wrong Turn" meets " the hills have eyes" meets Halloween meets saw meets an Australian who probably drinks with crocodile Dundee with a touch of mad max at the end.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    It's a bit "Wrong Turn" meets " the hills have eyes" meets Halloween meets saw meets an Australian who probably drinks with crocodile Dundee with a touch of mad max at the end.

Sounds about right, with a dash of Roger Moore 70s Bond silliness thrown in in Wolf Creek 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_YaZ-emcPc&t=8s

:))
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent
    I saw the TV series a few months ago and very good it was too. I then saw the movies. John Jarratt is brilliant in these - very scary performances.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    I saw the TV series a few months ago and very good it was too. I then saw the movies. John Jarratt is brilliant in these - very scary performances.

Yes, agreed, John Jarratt really makes these films. Chilling performance, though he has fun with it all too.
    edited June 2021

Wolf Creek 3 is on its way!

Wolf Creek 3 plot synopsis: “An American family takes a dream trip to the Australian outback and soon draws the attention of notorious serial killer Mick Taylor. A hellish nightmare ensues as the couple’s two children escape only to be hunted by Australia’s most infamous killer.”