Becoming a Bond Girl

VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
My favorite Bond girl is Elektra King. She by far has my favorite jewelry and clothing of any Bond girl. I have been on a quest for earrings like hers.

2017-10-01_14.24.40.jpg

It has proven to be more difficult than expected. Then my Aunt gave me a pair of earrings from my Grandmother that are very Elektra. They has a strange backing that hooks on to you inner ear so if you are missing an earlobe you could wear it. Besides the shape and backing it looks like colors she would wear and would go well with her ski suit.

IMG_20171001_141333.jpg

2017-10-01_14.23.46.jpg

2017-10-01_14.24.40.jpg

IMG_20171001_141249.jpg

I started thinking about what I would wear these earrings with. As a side note I collect cut minerals that are "deadly." I gave some that are mildly radioactive or composed if some kind of poison but are in a stable state (we all have hobbies :# ) In my gem search I found a kind of Garnet that has trace amounts of aspestos which gives it it's color.

2017-09-30_19.53.50.jpg

It is excessively lame but I was very excited because one it works with the earrings, and two it is something warped that she would wear. She seems like the type who likes rubies but would be much more pleased with something that, in theory, could hurt you.

More of her earrings.
2017-10-01_14.25.33.jpg

2017-10-01_14.25.04.jpg

Here is her official Swatch... She would not wear this. Ever.

2017-10-01_14.24.12.jpg
I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey

Comments

• James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Very cool! A little scary though :)) do be careful. That Swatch is rather hideous :)) Elektra is one of the best for sure. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,118MI6 Agent
    Amazing gift from your Aunt. Something that feeds your Elektra obsession and is a family air-loom at the same time. Don't lose them!
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Very cool! A little scary though :)) do be careful. That Swatch is rather hideous :)) Elektra is one of the best for sure. -{
    It came today. You can tiny pink flecks. That is the aspestos. I would have to work pretty hard to harm myself. I have a lagrandite which is arsenic and is completely stable until you expose it to acid. Then it turns into posion gas. I am careful with that one.

I tried on the most Sylvia Trench bracelet ever today. It would be perfect with her one shoulder red dress.

2017-10-05_16.21.49.jpg

IMG_20171005_144723.jpg

IMG_20171005_144822.jpg
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    How about Wai Lyn's bracelet ? kind of deadly too :007)

15994462_10154341305462399_4236135336847504452_o.jpg
    edited October 2017
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Wai Lyn's bracelet
    Actually it would be really fun to find something that looks like that. You have given me a new mission. Mr. Vesper does not thank you.

I am digging this one:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/130/0/6878737/il_570xN.892936299_41lf.jpg
    I think it looks kinda cool, best Mr Vesper best get his wallet out :D
    edited October 2017
    It is actually reasonably priced for what it is. And since it is etsy you can always talk them down. If someone is wanting a cool Bond gift for a lady or a dude or whomever:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/261619218/whiting-davis-snake-bracelet-3-coil?ref=cat_gallery_1

2017-10-05_19.50.01.jpg

This one is only $35! Someone must buy it.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/559525679/white-and-davis-snake-bracelet?ref=similar_listings_row

2017-10-05_19.54.48.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I am quite surprised that Asp9mm hasn‘t shown up here.
    He‘s the bitchiest Bond Girl that you could imagine and he loves to dress accordingly :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I will be nice and lend him my earrings.
    ... and he has great boobs ;%
    And almost everyone agrees that he‘s quite a tit :D

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    You are on fine form today, Higgins -{ :)) :))

Lovely collection Vesper Melograno - and I agree with you, Electra is one of the very best.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Interesting thread.
    Out of sheer boredom my love to help other people find their grails, all I could find for Wai Lin's bracelet was this:
    sku_234698_1.jpg
    http://www.dx.com/p/equte-fashion-multilayers-rhinestone-snake-mesh-adjustable-bangle-bracelet-silver-234698#.WdeSIBhh28o
    It has the same vibe to it but it's far more dressier yet not ring-like.
    Anyway, what about Anya's ear-rings and bracelets?
    Screen_Shot_2017_10_06_at_17_18_41.png
    Screen_Shot_2017_10_06_at_17_17_31.png
    Screen_Shot_2017_10_06_at_17_17_20.png
    a reasonable rate of return
    I am at work so I can't load an image (THANK YOU DREW IN IT). I have always loved her ring.
    http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/1/PMC65ZEVhqX3CaRcLhLIog47078/GW298H340

To me it looks like Onyx with a diamond halo, which is totally logical since onyx was always used in mourning jewelry.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d9/d9/f0/d9d9f08d604e057118de681fc2f908b2.jpg

This is pretty hard close because outside the halo is another band of onyx.

Mr. Punker, you are going to cost me a good deal of money.
    Mr. Punker, you are going to cost me a good deal of money.
    "I love you too, M."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I have always loved her ring.

I can completely understand that, it is rather stunning I'm sure
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    My friend sent me a link to a pearl octopus necklace. I think it looks like something Octopussy would wear, or I would without being too kitschy. I have no idea how to turn the image.

NECKLACE.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    My friend sent me a link to a pearl octopus necklace. I think it looks like something Octopussy would wear, or I would without being too kitschy. I have no idea how to turn the image.

NECKLACE.jpg

Here you go.

NECKLACE.jpg
    Thank you. I am 90 at heart :))
    VM, last time I watched GF, this belt jumped out at me. What do you think of Soames...Tilly Soames's gold belt?
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_03_at_21_47_12.png
    edited November 2017
    Tilly Soames's gold belt?
    I think it is wonderful! I really like the little square studs. The studs make it edgy but not over the top with the rest of the outfit. Her style is very much classy badass.

image.jpg

I think it is a a Hermes belt.
    https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/collier-de-chien-belt-H057295CC89075/
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Tilly Soames's gold belt?
    I think it is wonderful! I really like the little square studs. The studs make it edgy but not over the top with the rest of the outfit. Her style is very much classy badass.

image.jpg

I think it is a a Hermes belt.
    https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/collier-de-chien-belt-H057295CC89075/

With you being one of the few females on the forum, do you dress like the Bond girls in entire outfits or take style notes from them? Would be very interested in hearing about your perspective on that. Would love to see some examples too! -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    edited November 2017
    I have never dressed exactly like one. I sew and I have made reproduction Jean Harlow dresses. I guess I more pick out things I like and that strike me as something a bond girl would like. For example, I bought a black lace jumpsuit. It is a less dated take on Tracy's wedding jumpsuit. With the movies the ladies are often very trendy so if you go too literal it looks dated.

IMG_20171028_085257_922.jpg

I really like this bold coat with my spider brooch. I had it made because in my head it looked like something a villain would wear.
    coat.jpg

brooch.jpg

spider_earrings_2-1.jpg

I do want a ski outfit just like the one worn by Elektra King and before my trip to see the OHMSS house. I am not having any luck so I might just sew it.
    I was thinking about becoming a Bond Girl :D but then Jizzy would never leave me alone :D :v

IMG_2268_zpszvygw9hn.jpg
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I was thinking about becoming a Bond Girl :D but then Jizzy would never leave me alone :D :v
    You look lovely.
    NauseatedEmoji.jpg

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    I guess I more pick out things I like and that strike me as something a bond girl would like. For example, I bought a black lace jumpsuit. It is a less dated take on Tracy's wedding jumpsuit.

I am in awe of those with sewing skills, being able to want a piece and then have the ability to just make it!
    I think your attitude to styling works best. I'm not sure aside from the Commander outfit or a suit if I'd don a completely SA Bond wardrobe. It's more about matching one or two SA pieces with the appropriate non-SA attire. If it feels like Bond and it works for my frame then I go with it. The outcome is I looked much better dressed these days!
    Murder | Employment.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    I am also in awe of danjaq_0ff's beautiful new look!
    Murder | Employment.
    edited November 2017
    _Stocks wrote:
    I guess I more pick out things I like and that strike me as something a bond girl would like. For example, I bought a black lace jumpsuit. It is a less dated take on Tracy's wedding jumpsuit.

I am in awe of those with sewing skills, being able to want a piece and then have the ability to just make it!
    I think your attitude to styling works best. I'm not sure aside from the Commander outfit or a suit if I'd don a completely SA Bond wardrobe. It's more about matching one or two SA pieces with the appropriate non-SA attire. If it feels like Bond and it works for my frame then I go with it. The outcome is I looked much better dressed these days!
    I did not start to sew clothing until I was married. My first project was my wedding dress. I could not find anything I liked.

I agree with you. While no one I work with would say much, and in fact people would expect it, if I went all out I would feel a little silly. I only make Jean Harlow dresses to wear to Special Olympics dances. I am a SO coach and the athletes love when you are over the top and that is the only time I can get away with it.

When I travel I do go all out and carry my full American Tourist travel set. It makes me feel like I am in From Russia With Love.

american_tour.jpg
    Fairly interesting how you mix and match outfits and even have the ability to set out and make your own. I'm no expert on women's wear but your jumpsuit sort of echoes Pussy Gallore's Flying Circus outfit of the blonde pilots.

After about 5 minutes of brain-storming, I see what you mean in regards to trends (View to A Kill comes to mind)
    However, I would argue that the most timeless piece of clothing that a woman wore in the series would be the reinterpretation of Marilyn Monroe's famous white dress; Holly's (trendingly long) white dress in Moonraker.