The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Can anyone who's ordered this recently weigh in on how accurate the details are to the original run? I've got from 2012 but I've lost some weight and I need to size down...

I second that. I,too, would like to step down to a small and planing to sell my M from 2012’s second run. But I’m not quite sure how are the new runs compared
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Can anyone who's ordered this recently weigh in on how accurate the details are to the original run? I've got from 2012 but I've lost some weight and I need to size down...

I second that. I,too, would like to step down to a small and planing to sell my M from 2012’s second run. But I’m not quite sure how are the new runs compared
    Aren't the only differences are that the new ones are 80% wool compared to 100% wool of the original?
    It's really nostalgic to see this thread pop up again. This was my first clothing item actually worn by Bond on screen and five years later it still remains my favorite.
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    It's really nostalgic to see this thread pop up again. This was my first clothing item actually worn by Bond on screen and five years later it still remains my favorite.

Haha me too. I saw it on screen and thought "that coat is awesome I need to buy it? Who makes it? Ah no one will know who makes this stuff....."

I ended up selling mine however due to the temp in Florida. I have been thinking about justifying a purchase of an original run in a Small or Medium but none have popped up.

Best,
    Stefan
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    If anybody is interested in selling a medium in really good condition, I’d be very interested! Trying to buy one in the UK is proving very difficult without paying extortionate customs charges.

Ta Gentleman!
    Yes. Considerably.
  • DanielCDanielC Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    edited November 2017
    The BR website says the length of the peacoat is 31.5" (body length). Elsewhere I read 29" (at center of back). What am I missing?

Edit: OK. It was meant for someone with the body length of 31.5". Somewhat confusing as I've never seen such a measure for coats before.
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    If anybody is interested in selling a medium in really good condition, I’d be very interested! Trying to buy one in the UK is proving very difficult without paying extortionate customs charges.

Ta Gentleman!

I have a medium in perfect condition, with original box. Only worn a handful of times... let me know if you're interested...
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    martini wrote:
    Ferinstal wrote:

Ta Gentleman!

I have a medium in perfect condition, with original box. Only worn a handful of times... let me know if you're interested...

You have a PM Sir!
    Yes. Considerably.
    What were the dimensions of the package that the BR arrived in? Just a rough estimate would do. I'm trying to figure out which shipping method would be the cheapest when using a forwarding service.
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
    Can someone confirm if the wool mix versions of the Bond peacoat have a different navy color than the 100% wool Craig is wearing?
    Just emailed BR about sizing. I thought it was a short peacoat? Apparently this is the table that currently applies:

Small

Shoulders: 16.7in/42.4cm
    Chest: 40.4in/102.4cm
    Waist: 36.4in/92.4cm
    Length: 30.7in/78.1cm

Medium

Shoulders: 17.4in/44.3cm
    Chest: 43.4in/110cm
    Waist: 39.4in/100cm
    Length: 31.5in/80cm

Large

Shoulders: 18.2in/46.2cm
    Chest: 46.2in/117.6cm
    Waist: 42.2in/107.6cm
    Length: 32.2in/81.9cm

XL

Shoulders: 18.9in/48.1cm
    Chest: 49.2in/125.2cm
    Waist: 45.4in/115.2cm
    Length: 33in/83.8cm

XXL

Shoulders: 19.7in/50cm
    Chest: 52.2in/132.8cm
    Waist: 48.4in/122.8cm
    Length: 33.7in/85.7cm
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    DanielC wrote:
    Can someone confirm if the wool mix versions of the Bond peacoat have a different navy color than the 100% wool Craig is wearing?

Even the batches of 100% wool had different colours the 1st batch was really dark the 2nd was a lighter smokey blue, can't say about after that tho.
    Even the batches of 100% wool had different colours the 1st batch was really dark the 2nd was a lighter smokey blue, can't say about after that tho.
    I did some searching in the forum and it seems you're right. The film version is solid navy whereas all copies but the 1st batch have a mottled/flecked/heathered finish. The original was said to be prone to color fade so consequently BR changed it.

Good to know since then there's no point in waiting for it to go on sale. The navy in particular rarely does.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    DanielC wrote:
    I did some searching in the forum and it seems you're right. The film version is solid navy whereas all copies but the 1st batch have a mottled/flecked/heathered finish. The original was said to be prone to color fade so consequently BR changed it.
    Apparently it changed again? Mine, purchased new from BR last season, is solid navy.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:
    DanielC wrote:
    Apparently it changed again? Mine, purchased new from BR last season, is solid navy.

BR has always had a solid navy. They also released a heathered version in blue and brown a year or so ago.

I looked at the solid navy blue just version a couple years ago. I wasn't impressed. It just felt too smooth and artificial, not like wool at all.
    Anyone who has the 90% wool/10% nylon? How is the fit in that one? It seems like the tightest if it's only one inch allowance.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CMT7IGR2DroJ:https://www.shopyourway.com/billy-reid-bond-pea-coat/683935389+&cd=27&hl=sv&ct=clnk&gl=se&client=firefox-b-ab

I also remember seeing a chest measurement of 40" in medium on some site.
  • HM's AgentHM's Agent Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Hello fiends, I am quite new here and it seems I need an advise from experienced members. Billy Reid is currently offering 30 % OFF and I am going to buy Bond peacoat. I know that sizing and fit was discussed many times here but I am still not sure which size to take. There is also a new version of the peacoat (wool, nylon) that seems to have different fit. Some say they were M in the past now they are S.

I am 5'12", 39 inch chest, 37 inch waist. I think M would be good choice.

Thanks, Tomas
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Word of caution; they are tight in the shoulders. Make sure you speak with their CS about sizing before ordering. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    5' 12"? Do you mean 6 feet tall?
    The Mantis wrote:
    5' 12"? Do you mean 6 feet tall?
    :))
  • HM's AgentHM's Agent Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    5' 12"

Yes, I am 6 feet tall and 18,5 inch shoulders.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    DanielC wrote:
    Anyone who has the 90% wool/10% nylon? How is the fit in that one? It seems like the tightest if it's only one inch allowance.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CMT7IGR2DroJ:https://www.shopyourway.com/billy-reid-bond-pea-coat/683935389+&cd=27&hl=sv&ct=clnk&gl=se&client=firefox-b-ab

I have a 90/10 version. I’ve also had a 100% wool and a 80/20 version. I can’t say I notice a big difference in size and fit between them.

Happy to measure up if you’d like
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Word of caution; they are tight in the shoulders. Make sure you speak with their CS about sizing before ordering. -{
    I don't get why they changed the shoulder width. It was perfectly standardized in 2012. It doesn't make any sense increasing the chest while reducing the shoulder width. I also think increasing the length by 1.5" was an unconsidered decision.

Shoulder width is the key measurement in all fashionable outerwear. Get it wrong and you'd simply have to look elsewhere.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited December 2017
    DanielC wrote:
    I don't get why they changed the shoulder width. It was perfectly standardized in 2012. It doesn't make any sense increasing the chest while reducing the shoulder width. I also think increasing the length by 1.5" was an unconsidered decision.

Shoulder width is the key measurement in all fashionable outerwear. Get it wrong and you'd simply have to look elsewhere.

Which is what I had to do.

I'm usually an XL in most items, but even an XXL was only 19.5" at the shoulders and I need 21". Chest on the XXL bumps up to 48" and the XL is 45" which is my size but at only 18.5" for the shoulders.

Really weird sizing sadly.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Secret SquirrelSecret Squirrel Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    DanielC wrote:

The 90% wool one I have in Charcoal is indeed a trimmer fit, that drapes better than the 80% Navy one I had. With the Bond coat in particular, your shoulders measurement is more important than the chest measurement. If you have an athletic build, expect to size up at least one size to fit the shoulders, and have a tailor fix the rest. I usually wear a size Medium and have a 41" chest with 19" shoulders and I fit into a size XL Bond.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    edited December 2017
    I purchased a large and then had to exchange it for an XL because it was so uncomfortable in the shoulders. I ended up buying the coat i have now during the 2014 winter Friends and Family sale and its been great with only one issue being that i need a little more in the shoulders. I can't do the XXL because the chest and waist are way too large and would require some tailoring. I remember back in 2014 they use to list the shoulder measurements and then that spring when the Cashmere blend came out it was gone. I have had to email them for shoulder measurements and though they are really quick to respond its a bit of an inconvenience especially if its a hot item.

Maybe Billy Reid should offer a MTM option for their Bond Peacoat seeing as it's their best selling item!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I really really hate to derailed the topic of the Peacoats on this thread, but I am hoping to pick the brains of the experts here in I.D.ing the model of this coat, or in fact if it is a Billy Reid at all:

ryan-reynolds-visits-wife-blake-lively-age-of-adaline-06.jpg

I'm fairly certain that it is a BR based on the leather accent under the collar, and the fact that I'd just missed out on winning a what I suspect to be the exact coat on ebay. Would someone here be able point me in the right direction? Thanks a million in advance!

Oh and I'm so sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. But I figure that since he is wearing a pair of the Spectre TF Snowdon I can get away with it? ;) Admin please remove if necessary. Cheers!
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    I really really hate to derailed the topic of the Peacoats on this thread, but I am hoping to pick the brains of the experts here in I.D.ing the model of this coat, or in fact if it is a Billy Reid at all:

I'm fairly certain that it is a BR based on the leather accent under the collar, and the fact that I'd just missed out on winning a what I suspect to be the exact coat on ebay. Would someone here be able point me in the right direction? Thanks a million in advance!

Oh and I'm so sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. But I figure that since he is wearing a pair of the Spectre TF Snowdon I can get away with it? ;) Admin please remove if necessary. Cheers!
    The Billy Reid Astor coat is the closest I could find off of Billy reid's website.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    cmdr_bong wrote:

The Billy Reid Astor coat is the closest I could find off of Billy reid's website.

I think this is the jacket you're talking about? If it is then it is a Billy Reid Astor coat.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132429042156
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    cmdr_bong wrote:

I've owned 6 or 7 Billy Reid coats and jackets over the years so I have some familiarity with the brand and I think you are correct in your attribution.

Looks like a Billy Reid Astor coat. The ticket pocket and length of the coat along with the leather accent seems right. The Astor has been made with that plaid pattern.

The Astor coat was worn by Q in Spectre, so in my opinion all's good. :)

Hope that helps.

Wow, two others chimed in while I was distracted. :)) :)) :))