Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    Whats the point of giving up? We are in no rush, we are not all flippers

Quantum of Solace came out in 2008 yet we had the Harrington made in 2017.

Most of us are patient and in it for the long haul so who cares if it takes a year or more?

Presume you are new to collecting? Or poss young and part of the “Must have now” generation?

The hunt / chase / wait is part of the fun!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Great project. Just out of curiosity does anyone know approx Australia postage cost they may charge (perhaps based on the Harrington?) also has it been confirmed its €505 - 20% VAT?
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I for one am happy its taking ages.. hoping that my financial situation changes and I can jump in too. I'm sure I'm not alone. I agree some of the initial people may drop out, but as new enthusiasts join the forum, and we all move on in life, as long as TF are still happy to help, and the thread is live, you never know who else might join in.
    Yep like me :)
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Yup. I pulled out because of hurricane Urma, but I'm in a much better financial spot now. So, if we were getting really close, I could jump in to help push over the edge. if things get a more stable before that, I'll throw my name back on the list. This project looks to be in very good condition based on past experience with these sort of things. Worry not my man. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    To add to Pauls post. I doubt any of the 40 have "moved on" MM...
    But happy for u if you have...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Is the price still 505 Euros?

Believe so but that includes VAT so will be less for people outside Europe
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I'm just curious how much time needs to pass before a project is officially off. With Tom Ford stating that the Bond Experience can't advertise, and with only 1 addition to the list in 6 months, should people stay hopeful? I apologize for being blunt, but I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. With this much time passing there's also a chance that a lot of the original 40+ have moved on.

Imo irrelevent and none of your business! {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    445 euros ex vat according to earlier post
  • See, every time I question a project, or say something "negative" it helps. This thread just went from 0 responses in 3 months to 12 responses in just a few days. It's like the old saying goes "There's no such thing as bad publicity."
    At least people are talking about it again. You're welcome {[]
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    See, every time I question a project, or say something "negative" it helps. This thread just went from 0 responses in 3 months to 12 responses in just a few days. It's like the old saying goes "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

And many of those replies are all about you - perhaps there IS such a thing as bad publicity...? ;)
    YNWA 97
  • Sir Miles wrote:
    See, every time I question a project, or say something "negative" it helps. This thread just went from 0 responses in 3 months to 12 responses in just a few days. It's like the old saying goes "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

And many of those replies are all about you - perhaps there IS such a thing as bad publicity...? ;)

touché -{

I suppose I could try channeling some positive energy into this project. That couldn't hurt. But at least a couple new people are now on the fence about joining in.
    Hi David, how many are you up to so far?
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, I currently cannot afford to participate in this project (college kid), but I'm hoping it's able to happen! I like seeing these special projects get started and grow organically through the power of our mutual affection for the world of James Bond. Cheers everyone! :) -{
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Hi David, how many are you up to so far?

Per post #96 it looks like 40 people are on the list.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • I realize I've been a bit of a pessimist, but I'm turning over a new leaf!

We can do this guys! Quantum of Solace has some of the best Bond clothing items out of all the Craig films, hands down. I know some are probably thinking "it's just a polo" and that's true, but it's a dang good-looking polo! I've always liked the classic look of it, much like the Sunspel, but I think it's neat how it isn't extremely long, and has a bit of a slub/casual look to it. If anybody has any rare pics of it, they should try posting them since the Bond Experience has it's hands tied on this one. Oddly enough, this item was one of the first items I saw in the recent Bond films that I really thought would be cool to have. Paired with the Y-3 jacket and the TF harrington. I believe Bond wears the polo twice in the film. I'm not happy with the price tag TF is putting on it, but projects like these are really cool, after all how many companies actually do this kind of thing? I can't think of even 1 other!
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry to have to do this, especially after Mickey's new found optimism, but I'm going to have to withdraw my name from this project.

I'm getting married later this year, and the costs are going up on that, but also have some personnel medical stuff to go through which could eat up quite a bit of money.

I'm sorry to everyone already involved with this project, I wish I didn't have to do this, I would love to own this polo shirt, but at the cost of the item plus deliver, with everything I need to do, I can not justify doing this!

I hope you all can understand :(

Daniel
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Adjusted list:

1.) Welshboy78
    2.) TroyIkeda
    3.) MrEddy21
    4.) DBS
    5.) Bondclothing (2)
    6.) Bondclothing (2)
    7.) rebenton
    8.) -_Quantum_-
    9.) Bond_Ambitions
    10.) MAGR007
    11.) Paperbill
    12.) MrE
    13.) 007JBDCMWR
    14.) Commandant
    15.) GS
    16.) Jared_nomak
    17.) Jared_nomak will take 3rd if exchange rate better
    18.) Meesta Bawnd
    19.) wardlem
    20.) Glenn Gervot
    21.) Cederic0011
    22.) Tintin
    23.) Mantis
    24.) Osiris
    25.) junebai89
    26.) JTM
    27.) 006
    28) 006(2)
    29) asd007
    30) CommanderB
    31) VegasBond
    32)chriscollins007
    33)Rolextraveler_1905
    34) sruzgar
    35) Shayne
    36) Roi007
    37) Tango73
    38) Monster
    39) StiffassBrit
    40) Steve07
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Absolutely no issue, of course....I never want anyone to feel bad for stepping out of something like this. These are fun pursuits but the real world is the equity of life!
    I'm sorry to have to do this, especially after Mickey's new found optimism, but I'm going to have to withdraw my name from this project.

I'm getting married later this year, and the costs are going up on that, but also have some personnel medical stuff to go through which could eat up quite a bit of money.

I'm sorry to everyone already involved with this project, I wish I didn't have to do this, I would love to own this polo shirt, but at the cost of the item plus deliver, with everything I need to do, I can not justify doing this!

Daniel
  • I'm sorry to have to do this, especially after Mickey's new found optimism, but I'm going to have to withdraw my name from this project.

Daniel

I hope and pray that all goes well for you. And like David said, there are other things in life worth infinitely more than clothing. And frankly, that was the most gracious bowing out I've ever witnessed.
  • jdranninjdrannin Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    This is very cool. Count me in.

I'm not a forum guy so I recently discovered this website. I'm very disappointed I missed out on the harrington jacket. But I would love to have this polo.
  • Nice! Welcome aboard -{
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    So I would be in for one of these, but is it still 55 needed to get the order going? This thread has been out for some time and list is at 40. Just asking to gauge how long it would take to get the shirt.
  • @42 (I think)
  • tango73tango73 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    I will take another as will be in a good position shortly due to house sale so we are a bit closer
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    Well I'm in for one regardless so you can add me to the list.
  • I'll go in for another as well to help us get a step closer to goal. So x2 for me.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    So now the list is up to 45!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • I thought of something that may (or may not) help anyone who is on the fence about this polo.
    A lot of the Tom Ford cotton pique polos are sold for around $480 in US retail stores. Online you can find them for sale for around $300 maybe a little less if they are on clearance. So at first, I was thinking $600+ is quite an increase for a 100% cotton polo.

But then I remembered that most of the TF cotton polos have a "made in Portugal" tag hidden on the inside of them. And since Luigi is heading up this project from the Milan Store, I can only assume that (like the other projects, i.e. the morocco tie and the quantum harrington) this polo will also be "made in Italy". As most probably know, standard of quality, hands-on work, and cost of labor is a lot higher in Italy. So long story short, I don't know if this sweetens the deal for anyone, or pushes anyone over that fence, but just know, you will most likely be getting a much higher quality product than a typical TF polo.
  • bondfan245200bondfan245200 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Please add me to the list
This discussion has been closed.