Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I would also like to see Bond in Bukhara in Uzbekistan . It's an ancient city and an UNESCO site, and I think it's time EON took more chances with locations.

6a32d8f8cf83583c97816437c61db275.jpg

Bukhara%203.jpg

Zindan.jpg

bukhara-old-town-4.jpg
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    Middle East is a good idea. Israel could be a good location too, never been there. Other options:

- Oslo
    - Kyoto
    - Osaka
    - Buenos Aires
    - Antwerp
    - Barcelona
    - Lisbon
    - Cape Town
    - Panama City
    - Edinburgh

So many places still to go. I hope they squeeze in a skiing scene in there too. It has been too long.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    With Croatia as a possible location. In a recent episode of
    The Grand Tour. They went to an area of waterfalls in
    Croatia, which looked beautiful.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I just hope they don’t do a roof top chase in Dubrovnik ; or yet another fight on a train ,there’s been a few over the years
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I just hope they don’t do a roof top chase in Dubrovnik ; or yet another fight on a train ,there’s been a few over the years

Could it be the waterfalls in Krka?
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    One of the flak towers constructed by Nazi Germany would be a imposing location for a CIA field office or SPECTRE lair.

flak-tower-hamburg.jpg
    flak-towers-56.jpg?imgmax=800
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
    Good idea! :007)
    Or perhaps a SIGINT listening post?
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    I heard that a boat chase in Venice is a possibility. Again. I'm getting CR vibes.
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Remington wrote:
    I heard that a boat chase in Venice is a possibility. Again. I'm getting CR vibes.
    -{
    I think Bond should stay out of Italy for awhile. Especially Craig's Bond since he's been there in three of his last four films.
    Remington wrote:
    -{
    I think Bond should stay out of Italy for awhile. Especially Craig's Bond since he's been there in three of his last four films.
    No argument there.
    -{
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Remington wrote:
    -{

Surely a Venice boat chase would most recall Moonraker? It's disappointing that Italy is the only location they can film Bond these days.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I want some truly glamorous locations with no color filters. And let's see some palm trees. I think they should lay off Italy, Austria, and London for a while.
    -{
    Matt S wrote:
    Remington wrote:
    -{

Surely a Venice boat chase would most recall Moonraker? It's disappointing that Italy is the only location they can film Bond these days.
    I thought that to.
    -{
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent

So Croatia is in the news again as a possible Bond location. The mayor of Zagreb runs this up the flagpole every year at about this time.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Remington wrote:
    -{

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0-AJYlJcF0
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    When I was in Cyprus last year ,it was rumoured Wade and Purvis were there looking around
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    welshguy34 wrote:
    It would be good if Bond went to a completely new country or one that has been rarely visited. Africa or Australia could be good choices I think.

Or Italy! ;)

Just kidding. Australia is the big one, since it's a part of the world he has never visited. I could definitely be on board for Africa too. He has only north Africa, and there is so much else on that continent, with many very different countries. I don't count Madagascar in CR because it's obvious they didn't go anywhere near Africa.

Constantine in Algerie is pefect for Bond :007)

arche-naturelle-constantine.jpg

8549275313_44af28bcfc_b.jpg

At first sight I thought it was the Avon Gorge in Bristol UK with Brunel's Clifton Suspension Bridge !
    Try flying a plane under that ! Or a powerboat chase along the River Avon to sunny Avonmouth!

Bleuville.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    FALCON HEAVY TEST FLIGHT:

Surely this would make the basis of a superb Bond film, more like the Moonraker Bond novel than film.

http://www.spacex.com/webcast
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    FALCON HEAVY TEST FLIGHT:

Surely this would make the basis of a superb Bond film, more like the Moonraker Bond novel than film.

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

That was the highlight of my day yesterday :) And I would love an adaptation of the MR novel - change the title, make the rocket a space mission that’s to be sabotaged, or redirected to a major city - a nuclear-powered spacecraft, naturally. It practically writes itself.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Soon Hotel Svart (Black) will be buildt near the Svartisen (Black Ice) glacier in Northern Norway. Hotel Svart will be the first hotel in the world that produces more power than it consumes. I post about it because both the hotel and the landscape is worthy of Bond :007)

f977e9b689929f0b357575995904f343

4976395efc6a345073a9275bcd8b4048

svarthotelsnohettaarchitecturehotelsnorwaydezeencol-1518725970n4g8k-700x905.jpg

snohetta-svart-arctic-circle-energy-positive-hotel-1.jpg?q=75&w=1000&fit=max&auto=compress%2Cformat
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That looks beautiful -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    Wow, stunning.
    That would be an awesome location!
    edited July 2018
    This is SVALSAT, an instalation on Svalbard/Spitzbergen that has NO military use ABSOLUTLY DIDN'T come in handy during Operation Iraqi Freedom. No, Sir. That would be against the Svalbard Treaty of 1920 (the only of the treaties set up after WWI still in effect.)
    It might look good in a Bond film:

SvalSat-paa-Svalbard.jpg

svalsatweb.png

SvalSat-pict.ashx?h=316&la=en&mw=756&w=714

This would be the second Norwegian surveilance radar station in a Bond movie, the first one was in TSWLM (Mågerø, near Oslo):

3570270039.jpg?chk=412D2C

One of the cars parked outside has some history. It's a Chrysler Coronado Limousine and was used by Norwegian Prime Ministers in the 1960's. At least one Labour party PM felt uncomfortable being driven around in an American limosine. It was later bought by the band Vazelina Bilopphøggers ("vaseline scrapyard"), a band that played rockabilly songs from the 50's and 60's with comic lyrics in Norwegian. It was used for touring, promotion and album covers:

vazelina-bilopphoeggers-rally-rett-i-kroppen.jpg
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    There's a garden in Northumberland, that's full of poisonous plants. If Bond 25 were to be named Shatterhand, then they could use material from YOLT novel and use the garden as Shatterhand's garden of death.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Ethiopia seems like a good location country, and sub-Saharan Africa has been overlooked in Bond movies:

5684f2f4ec34eethiopia-luxury-travel-7.jpg

ethiopian-church-calendar.jpg?1

ethiopia2.jpg

37436.ngsversion.1421960403155.adapt.1900.1.jpg

6339097002_0cbbd60eec_b.jpg
    I would like to see Bond go to Africa, particularly South Africa. Not the usual Morocco we always see in films.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I would like to see Bond go to Africa. . .

How 'bout Wakanda? That's gotten very popular of late. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    It's a scandal that Wakanda has only been used as a location in ne single movie - do they offer tax insentives for film productions? :))
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    yes but Wakanda is in self-imposed exile from the outside world...
    ...until the final scenes of the new film...
    ...but maybe now T'Challa is in charge he will allow foreign filmmakers access?