Reviewing Spectre box office

db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
After all the fuzz about Marvel - but also DC - latest releases in the last few years, think Spectre deserves a different reading in terms of its box office results.
Apart from the huge budget Mendes had at his disposal - and we can argue endlessly if he used all that money in the best way or not - keep on reading how fantastic are the box office figures of Thor’s Ragnarok or Wonder Woman or even now Black Panther.
Funny enough, Spectre’s usd 880 mio is in general above many MCU’s big releases which ended their run in the usd 650-750 mio range.
From a commercial point of view, don’t think Spectre was really a flop as claimed by many reviewers at the time of its release.
"Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”

Comments

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    It was a commercial success, they used no numbers to back it up.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop posted a list of Bond box office numbers.
    Showing that Spectre sits at #4 in the list of top
    Money making Bond films ....... I bet Eon would love
    All their films to flop as badly :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I think if reviewers called it a flop is because it didn't beat the behemoth that was Skyfall as was the expectation at the time.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It was a commercial success. Reviewers love to bash bond and pretty much any other film that doesn't have Daniel day Lewis I'm it, it's pure snobbery on their part.
    As with anything you can't please all the people all the time, I enjoyed sp a lot, would I change it? Yes of course, but what seems obvious to me is that the players don't seem overly proud of it and the critical reviews must have stung...DC in particular as he carries the can.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Bond fan from OzBond fan from Oz Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    It made over $850m worldwide. It would be safe to say Bond will be around for a little while longer. :D