Site Hosting Move

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Me too. I think it's intentional to keep out the riff-raff by forcing us to make those additional clicks. Sort of like a digital initiation B-)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Me too. I think it's intentional to keep out the riff-raff by forcing us to make those additional clicks. Sort of like a digital initiation B-)

Well I am riff-raff. I just hope that they don't force the Brokenclaw o-kee-pa initiation ceremony on us! :o
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Well I am riff-raff. I just hope that they don't force the Brokenclaw o-kee-pa initiation ceremony on us! :o

If they do, then I'm gone for sure! :D
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent
    I just got "system 500" error pages or however that page reads, for about five minutes, trying to navigate the forum
    its happened a couple times over the last day or two, like the site is intermittently disconnecting from the outside world
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I just got "system 500" error pages or however that page reads, for about five minutes, trying to navigate the forum
    its happened a couple times over the last day or two, like the site is intermittently disconnecting from the outside world

Yes, it has come to my attention that the new host is a bit more strict on how the site runs. It would appear that the site uses a lot of resources and sometimes the new host cuts them off. I am looking in to what I can do without costing me a fortune!

Google is also experiencing / causing the problems!
    Simon
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I have turned a couple of high load, unused settings off on the forum and will see if that helps at all. Unfortunately I think the software is past it and I need to pull my finger out and get the upgrade finished!
    Simon
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Hm, can't seem to see who's logged in now- so many guests, etc.
    SiCo, would it help any if there was a clear out of dead threads- eg

Newbie Hi there, who do you think is the best James Bond?

Mod Hello Newbie, we already have 14 similar threads (lists a few), closing this one.

Or would that make little or no difference?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Hm, can't seem to see who's logged in now- so many guests, etc.

Yes, same here, Barbel. It's just showing this at the moment:

Total number of registered users: 13,953 Newest registered user: operas phantom
    Total number of topics: 21,347
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:
    I have turned a couple of high load, unused settings off on the forum and will see if that helps at all. Unfortunately I think the software is past it and I need to pull my finger out and get the upgrade finished!

Would the number of view a thread has had be one of these features?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    SiCo wrote:

Would the number of view a thread has had be one of these features?

It would appear so.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent
    some serious connection issues today.
    I've been noticing the forum getting grindingly slow over the last couple of days, trying to get from page to page.
    Then for the last hour just "system 500" error pages

or this message:
    "An error was encountered
    Unable to connect to MySQL and select database. MySQL reported: User ajb_mysql already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
    Note: For detailed error information (necessary for troubleshooting), enable "DEBUG mode". To enable "DEBUG mode", open up the file config.php in a text editor, add a line that looks like "define('FORUM_DEBUG', 1);" (without the quotation marks), and re-upload the file. Once you've solved the problem, it is recommended that "DEBUG mode" be turned off again (just remove the line from the file and re-upload it)."

I tried in both Explorer and Chrome, same error messages either way

also my email doesn't like the email address the 500 error message suggests, webmaster@ajb.co.uk. Says its not a proper email address and demands I change it.
    Yes, me too. I've alerted SiCo.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Either the above or:

“Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ajb007.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

Surprised it’s let me on long enough to post this.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    If we ban Higgins the gods may look favourably on us and stop f@cking with the server :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    If we ban Higgins the gods may look favourably on us and stop f@cking with the server :D

Ban him...???...let’s burn his trainers as a sacrificial offering to the Internet Gods :D
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Ban him...???...let’s burn his trainers as a sacrificial offering to the Internet Gods :D

If he is wearing the said trainers at the time, two birds and one stone :D :v
    Personally, I blame Barbel for being so rude when I entered his name into the website's search engine and was basically told that I was a moron :D
    From SiCo:

"It’s an intermittent technical issue and I’m looking at ways to fix it... it’s a hosting issue which hopefully they will resolve fully soon. It may be intermittent for a while"

From me to TDE: :p
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I presumed that AJB received a cleanup!

Did Sir Miles mop the toilets?
    Has Asp9mm pissed on the floor again? 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    It's the drummer's fault!
    edited March 2018
    to quote The Giant from Twin Peaks: "It is happening again"
    giphy.gif
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I am continuously getting logged out on my Macbook Pro
    Higgins wrote:
    Same on my iMac. I am getting the message that I am not logged in.
    When I click at "Login", I am immediately logged in without entering anything.
    Higgins wrote:
    Bildschirmfoto_2017-11-21_um_14.35.09.png

Bit late to the party for this but I have had exactly the same problems and still experiencing them ..

I am never logged in but the minute I click on a topic I am logged in and ready to go.

Was this resolved or is it a Mac problem ??

NB .. just realised it's a Safari problem ... works fine in Chrome X-(
    Nope, I get the same thing using Chrome.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Nope, I get the same thing using Chrome.

Me too, especially on mobile.
    Has someone banned Friggy ? things seem to be working again :D :o :p :v
    No, he's just taking a break.You missing him too?
    Barbel wrote:
    No, he's just taking a break.You missing him too?

No, not really :D :p :v
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Has someone banned Friggy ? things seem to be working again :D :o :p :v

He’s having a big sulk...mainly with me...
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2018
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!