Site Outage - April 2018 and July 2021 and April 2022

SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
Firstly apologies for the disappearance. Unfortunately our host suspended our account without notice for using too many resources. They won’t actually tell me what these are though which is making it difficult to sort out.

I have upgraded the hosting to the next package to buy some time to try and identify the issues. Unfortunately it may become unsustainable but I will discuss that again before I do anything drastic!

Because they suspended the account I had no way of posting an update or message which was thoroughly annoying. Anyway the site is back and connectivity should get better again. Please post if you experience any more issues. In the meantime I will try and track down our problem script.
Simon

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Many thanks for the hard work Sico -{
    It's just nice to see ajb back online.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Thanks Simon -{
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Many thanks for the update Simon.

I think it shows how much we really value and appreciate this site, even to lose it for a few days is tough to take and I for one need my daily fix!! :D

Not sure about anyone else, but I looked elsewhere on social media for announcements or updates regarding the site being down but saw the ajb007 Twitter and Facebook accounts are both inactive? Would it be worth using these platforms to provide updates in the event of the site being down in the future?

Keep up the good work Simon. This site is a very special one!! -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Agreed, Thank you for all the hard work keeping
    AJB running -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Yes, thanks for all your hard work
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I sought to reddit to get my fix, noticed a thread open about AJB007 being down.
    fun.png
    a reasonable rate of return
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Even little ol' modly me was wondering what had happened--no warning, no nothing, just poof! Glad to be back!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Well done SiCo good effort - guessed it would be something like that.

Hope the upgrade works and if you need a contribution to the running cost I am sure crowd funding from AJB members would be a possibility - I found I actually missed it during its downtime - go figure!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Glad we’re back gentlemen - definitely had me worried for a while there! Thanks for all your hard work Simon -{
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Agreed - not sure what I’d do without AJB - thank you Simon for your dedication -{ -{ -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

...and we're back after being unobtainable most of today. I don't know what happened, and have contacted SiCo to see what's been going on.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent

Good to see AJB back in action. It just shows how much we miss it when it's not there. Thanks to @SiCo for getting us back on track!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

Thanks @SiCo

I'm not a tech guy, but like you I am rather concerned about a random "using too many resources" outage. What exactly does that mean? They should surely provide an explanation so the issue can be prevented - or is the host attempted to blackmail you into upgrading

SiCo says it was a hosting issue, and he's looking into it.

Thanks for your patience, everyone.

And we're back! The Automatic Secure certificate failed for some reason, to quote SiCo.

Apologies to all.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent

Good to see that AJB is back in action again. I've missed my daily browse! 😀

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

Damn these automatic secure certificates...

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Thanks for getting us back on-line, all. Really, appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes!🍻

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

I've been getting this error message a lot today: The site can't be reached ERR_FAILED

it only lasts a split second then goes to the page as usual, but I've never seen it before except when the site went down last month so its maybe something to look into?

anybody else getting it?

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff

I didn’t log on yesterday so I’ve no idea, sorry…I’m sure SiCo will report somewhere if it’s anything more than just a blip 🍸

YNWA 97

Why? Did the site go down again today? Or is just a very later reply? 🤣

YNWA 97
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

The site was down for me yesterday for a short while.

Thank you for the responses…obviously I didn’t know that…hopefully not too inconvenient 🤞🏻

YNWA 97

I think this must've happened early in the morning UK time which explains why UK members didn't know that the site was down.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

yes I saw the outage too, mid/late afternoon.

I think @Westward_Drift is also on our side of the atlantic.

Either it was exclusive to North America or all the Brits were asleep when it happened.

Yes, I think the fact that only American members seem to have experienced it suggests that it occurred at a more sociable hour for you than it did for us. Good to see AJB back up and running in any event. 🙂

That would be around the time Barbel sent me out for some more biscuits 🍪👀

🤣

YNWA 97