Short shooting schedule Bond 25

2»

Comments

  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Remember the Skyfall fretting:"Bond has a beard and looks terrible" and "they're using fake locations, it's going to look crappy" how did that turn out?

    Are you saying that we should be more worried? :#
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,405MI6 Agent
    I hope you get a good position, in the movie.
    zaphod99 wrote:
    I'll probably try and hide as much as a 6ft4 person can ;)
    Are you going to get a cameo?
    Ask if you can be the guy who doublechecks his bottle after the zany chase scene rolls by, we haven't seen that character in while.

    Mrs Zaphod still chides me about declining to be in Adam and The Ants videos ( Ant Music and Prince charming ) as she would have loved to meet Diana Dors. Same thing happened with a Madness video (can't remember which one) so I doubt very much if I will be visible. Too arrogant back in the day, and too shy now. If Boyle is looking for a superannuated Heavy for 25 that might be a different story. B-)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,581MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    Remember the Skyfall fretting:"Bond has a beard and looks terrible" and "they're using fake locations, it's going to look crappy" how did that turn out?

    Are you saying that we should be more worried? :#

    I guess you're not a Skyfall fan? :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    Remember the Skyfall fretting:"Bond has a beard and looks terrible" and "they're using fake locations, it's going to look crappy" how did that turn out?

    Are you saying that we should be more worried? :#

    I guess you're not a Skyfall fan? :))

    I'd say that Craig's looks in Skyfall are amongst the worse looks for Bond along with DAF (older and more out-of-shape than he should look), AVTAK (too old), LTK (they could have done something with his hair) and DAD (too heavy in parts). As for locations, it's too obvious that Craig never visited Shanghai and the fight scene set didn't cut it, but the Macau casino is spectacular.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,581MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

    Are you saying that we should be more worried? :#

    I guess you're not a Skyfall fan? :))

    I'd say that Craig's looks in Skyfall are amongst the worse looks for Bond along with DAF (older and more out-of-shape than he should look), AVTAK (too old), LTK (they could have done something with his hair) and DAD (too heavy in parts). As for locations, it's too obvious that Craig never visited Shanghai and the fight scene set didn't cut it, but the Macau casino is spectacular.

    Point taken regarding his look in Skyfall (at least before he was shot and "dead") however I think the haggard look was appropriate for his "resurrection". As far as the faked locations, they looked fine to me....but that's me. Connery looked like he could have been Craig's father in DAF (I just watched YOLT again last week and he was looking pretty soft even in '67). It's also beyond me that the professional hair and make-up artists these films employ couldn't have done something better with Dalton's hair in LTK. I do think we can both agree that they do not need to do anything severe with Craig's hair in 25. The QOS or SPECTRE cut would be just right.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,394MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

    I guess you're not a Skyfall fan? :))

    I'd say that Craig's looks in Skyfall are amongst the worse looks for Bond along with DAF (older and more out-of-shape than he should look), AVTAK (too old), LTK (they could have done something with his hair) and DAD (too heavy in parts). As for locations, it's too obvious that Craig never visited Shanghai and the fight scene set didn't cut it, but the Macau casino is spectacular.

    Point taken regarding his look in Skyfall (at least before he was shot and "dead") however I think the haggard look was appropriate for his "resurrection". As far as the faked locations, they looked fine to me....but that's me. Connery looked like he could have been Craig's father in DAF (I just watched YOLT again last week and he was looking pretty soft even in '67). It's also beyond me that the professional hair and make-up artists these films employ couldn't have done something better with Dalton's hair in LTK. I do think we can both agree that they do not need to do anything severe with Craig's hair in 25. The QOS or SPECTRE cut would be just right.
    For some reason I just don't think he would look good with the QOS hair anymore. I guess because that was a decade ago now and I cant recall him having a style similar to it since then for reference. That said I've been very vocal about my love of the SF haircut and wouldn't mind if that made a comeback as long he had it side parted throughout the film.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,529MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

    I'd say that Craig's looks in Skyfall are amongst the worse looks for Bond along with DAF (older and more out-of-shape than he should look), AVTAK (too old), LTK (they could have done something with his hair) and DAD (too heavy in parts). As for locations, it's too obvious that Craig never visited Shanghai and the fight scene set didn't cut it, but the Macau casino is spectacular.

    Point taken regarding his look in Skyfall (at least before he was shot and "dead") however I think the haggard look was appropriate for his "resurrection". As far as the faked locations, they looked fine to me....but that's me. Connery looked like he could have been Craig's father in DAF (I just watched YOLT again last week and he was looking pretty soft even in '67). It's also beyond me that the professional hair and make-up artists these films employ couldn't have done something better with Dalton's hair in LTK. I do think we can both agree that they do not need to do anything severe with Craig's hair in 25. The QOS or SPECTRE cut would be just right.
    For some reason I just don't think he would look good with the QOS hair anymore. I guess because that was a decade ago now and I cant recall him having a style similar to it since then for reference. That said I've been very vocal about my love of the SF haircut and wouldn't mind if that made a comeback as long he had it side parted throughout the film.

    Though I think he looked 60 years old in Skyfall with a large part of it due to his haircut, it's better than the Nazi haircut he's been getting recently. I find that haircut offensive.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,405MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

    I guess you're not a Skyfall fan? :))

    I'd say that Craig's looks in Skyfall are amongst the worse looks for Bond along with DAF (older and more out-of-shape than he should look), AVTAK (too old), LTK (they could have done something with his hair) and DAD (too heavy in parts). As for locations, it's too obvious that Craig never visited Shanghai and the fight scene set didn't cut it, but the Macau casino is spectacular.

    Point taken regarding his look in Skyfall (at least before he was shot and "dead") however I think the haggard look was appropriate for his "resurrection". As far as the faked locations, they looked fine to me....but that's me. Connery looked like he could have been Craig's father in DAF (I just watched YOLT again last week and he was looking pretty soft even in '67). It's also beyond me that the professional hair and make-up artists these films employ couldn't have done something better with Dalton's hair in LTK. I do think we can both agree that they do not need to do anything severe with Craig's hair in 25. The QOS or SPECTRE cut would be just right.

    The Skyfall look was a disaster. Would have been OK if he had time to get back to snuff for the resurrection but the narrative required that his bluffed medical meant he was still way below par while engaged.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
Sign In or Register to comment.