S.D.Studios, Licenced and Unlicenced

Please Ed, if you feel like jumping in please do, at the end of the day in my opinion if it wasn't for you he probably would'nt have gotten a licence

Who could not fall in love with this, I even believe Ed took this photo.
fullsizeoutput_c12_zpsmugm0wtw.jpeg

In 1995 I saw this on the back page of one of the 007 Magazine's that Graham Rye excellently produced/produces.

All of this transforming stage of the Golden Gun is just salesman BS, only the first is licenced

Next we havde the original pamphlet to dribble over. by this time the licence was about to run out, he sent in the bowler hat 8-)
fullsizeoutput_c01_zps2jnvwlic.jpeg

So far so good, everything is a licenced product, this is what is known as the first generation and ONLY licenced products.

Unfortunately the 1st Gen GG is prone to filing apart, you can pick up a good one tight one if you keep looking.

The 1st Gen Breather is not one that was copied from the photocopy blueprint that will be mentioned in further documentation.

And the differences between 1st and 2nd Gen MR Dart Gun is width, the first is wider, this is where the sofa with a different dimension comes in to play, he was always finding parts, so there are probably 9 different runs.

fullsizeoutput_c37_zpsj4j5biae.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bbf_zpsckxwe76h.jpeg

Everything on this advertisement is unlicensed, apart from the Zippo's
fullsizeoutput_c69_zpsqe8baufu.jpeg

The King of Props, unlicensed
fullsizeoutput_bb2_zps4vthnxal.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c0e_zpsxfll2aef.jpeg

The desk top collectables, unlicensed
fullsizeoutput_c30_zpsp9zoontb.jpeg

THE GOOD PART IS, THEY WERE MADE TO LAST

More pics if I can get photofukit working, or my crappy slow lappy

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Great pictures and information - thanks for sharing these -{
    YNWA 97
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Great pictures and information - thanks for sharing these -{

Thank you :) -{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    WOW...memory lane for sure. I use to go to Steve's parties with Ed and I remember all of these...even the above ads are now fetching bank!
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    Good documentation, Pete.
    The Golden gun photos were taken by David Di Pietro who a good friend and avid Bond fan.
    He and I went on to form TheSpyBoys.com until his departure to work for Atlanta Cutlery.

The reason there are so many generations of the Golden gun is because kept making them incorrect. Dave and I constantly would pick apart what he had done wrong. He would then proceed to make the corrections which is why there were so many parts from those previous runs.

I suggested the line of Desktop props and yes, even the radioactive lint which he collected from his dryer.

I suggested his selling the Broomhandle Mausers as Red Grants Pistol, the airsoft P-99's and PPks and lent him my MGC Beretta to be cast and sold with a silencer.

--Ed
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Fantastic information, Pete. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.
    The Mantis wrote:
    WOW...memory lane for sure. I use to go to Steve's parties with Ed and I remember all of these...even the above ads are now fetching bank!

I have see a pic of you with the attache case, you looked so young :)) :)) :)) still and ugly git though :p
    Fantastic information, Pete. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

Thanks Dom :)
    So young...and still so ugly...it’s my bane in life... :007)
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I have see a pic of you with the attache case, you looked so young :)) :)) :)) still and ugly git though :p
    The Mantis wrote:
    So young...and still so ugly...it’s my bane in life... :007)
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I dont think that you look that bad now you have a grey wig like Ed, sorry tribble.
    The photo in question.....-Ed

007-_FRWL_Attache-_Real_Prop_31.jpg
    Good Lord..... :o
    The photo in question.....-Ed

007-_FRWL_Attache-_Real_Prop_31.jpg
    Here are photos when Steve, Gary Giblin and I met with Mr. Jack Lowenthall (Former Vice President at Colibri) and presented him with a Golden Gun

007-_GG_Colibri_1.jpg

007-_GG_Colibri_2.jpg

007-_GG_Colibri_3.jpg

007-_GG_Colibri_4.jpg
    007-_GG_Colibri_0.jpg
    And the lighter and business card.
    IMG_1491.jpg
    Shame I no longer smoke
    James-Bond-The-Man-With-The-Golden-Gun-5-S-D-Studios-Golden-Bullets-1_zps897d500f.jpg
    James-Bond-From-Russia-With-Love-Rolleiflex-camera-recorder-1_zpsc3b35758.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_c1a_zpsy4pc53sm.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_bae_zpsqbm88v8h.jpegfullsizeoutput_c4b_zpsepuz58mt.jpeg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Brilliant pics! Thank you for sharing them -{ -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    fullsizeoutput_c51_zpsizjmmim8.jpegfullsizeoutput_be3_zpsjulynql4.jpegfullsizeoutput_bda_zpsewejuesm.jpeg
    Brilliant pics! Thank you for sharing them -{ -{

Your Very welcome :) -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Rolling out some nice paper tat there, Donk will be pleased :D
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Great pics (especially Mantis!!) {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Cool, well done Pete, really interesting read -{
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Cheers Rob {[]
    The SD Items that never were.

fullsizeoutput_c99.jpg

LLRfh_IQ6_TUG9_VXv_Dw0_Pphg.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_c16.jpg
    NOT SD. I showed this photo to Steve when he was first thinking of making the prop. -Ed
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 339MI6 Agent
    What is this version?
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
    NOT SD. I showed this photo to Steve when he was first thinking of making the prop. -Ed

Could this be a shot of an original Ed, or was this the the one another guy made before S,D, ?
    I believe this to be a photo of the original. I purchased the 8x10 photo from a movie memorabilia store in New York. -Ed
    Thank you for confirming that Ed :x Now, looking at it, aluminium dont tarnish like that or oxidise. What do you think ?

Brass and painted or plated ?, in my opinion if it was aluminium oxidisation would be flakey and white.