Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

1456810

Comments

  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    I think that house was used in the film Ex-machine
    One of three, playing a luxury home.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    I think that house was used in the film Ex-machine
    One of three, playing a luxury home.

    Ah I loved it in that film.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    The Summer House is in the same small community as the Hotel that was the main location in Ex Macina..
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    The Weekend House on the tiny island could work in a tense siege scene. One or more of Bond's allies, perhaps the Bond girl, has locked herself into the house and the villains are trying to get in. At the same time Bond is racing to get there in time to save her. The house could be set up in an earlier scene were Bond and the woman literally batten down the hatches and make love there during a storm. It would be something new in a Bond movie (well, perhaps the barn in the snow storm in OHMSS....)
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 1,817MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    The Weekend House on the tiny island could work in a tense siege scene. One or more of Bond's allies, perhaps the Bond girl, has locked herself into the house and the villains are trying to get in. At the same time Bond is racing to get there in time to save her. The house could be set up in an earlier scene were Bond and the woman literally batten down the hatches and make love there during a storm. It would be something new in a Bond movie (well, perhaps the barn in the snow storm in OHMSS....)

    Isn't that basically the end of Skyfall? Minus the lovemaking of course :D
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    Minus Bond being far away racing a boat or a car, a Bond girl being inside, the house being hard to break into, no M etc. :v
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,549MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    The Weekend House on the tiny island could work in a tense siege scene. One or more of Bond's allies, perhaps the Bond girl, has locked herself into the house and the villains are trying to get in. At the same time Bond is racing to get there in time to save her. The house could be set up in an earlier scene were Bond and the woman literally batten down the hatches and make love there during a storm. It would be something new in a Bond movie (well, perhaps the barn in the snow storm in OHMSS....)

    Isn't that basically the end of Skyfall? Minus the lovemaking of course :D

    A combination of the ends of Skyfall and Spectre!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    That could actually be the basis of a fun thread: pick a scene and find what two or more scenes it reminds you of.

    Personally I think the scene I suggested is closer to Skyfall and the destruction of the ice palace in DAD.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    According to a source Namibia was a location in the Hodge script. Plenty of motivation for me to post some photos! :D

    namibia-21334484-1481549182-ImageGalleryLightboxLarge.jpg


    namibiaexclusive_29091606_cropped-jpg-1920x810_0_148_10000-1.jpeg


    pic40.jpg



    Namibia is a former German colony
    swakopmund-seals3.jpg


    cache_3982232.jpg?t=1478686895


    a38866f34a1c5763a6578791376ffffd.jpg
  • Agent Double-O DanielAgent Double-O Daniel Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    According to a source Namibia was a location in the Hodge script. Plenty of motivation for me to post some photos! :D

    namibia-21334484-1481549182-ImageGalleryLightboxLarge.jpg


    namibiaexclusive_29091606_cropped-jpg-1920x810_0_148_10000-1.jpeg


    pic40.jpg





    Namibia is a former German colony
    swakopmund-seals3.jpg


    cache_3982232.jpg?t=1478686895


    a38866f34a1c5763a6578791376ffffd.jpg

    Quite beautiful. I hope it is an actual location for the film.
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    I'm intersted in architecture and I'm a fan of "BBC's most extraordinary homes". Last night's episode was from Switzerland and one of the presenters actually said "This view could make any Bond villan smile" :007)
    The house was Villa Am See (Villa by the lake) by the Lake Lucerne. The owner is a petrol head and a large part of the motivation for building his house was to find a home for his five Porsches!

    villa-am-see-293.jpg

    VillaAmSee021.jpg

    VillaAmSee082.jpg

    VillaAmSee052.jpg

    VillaAmSee042.jpg

    49EFC12D00000578-5469805-The_living_room_has_a_light_decor_and_atmosphere_offering_somewh-a-87_1520372530057.jpg
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    This reminded me of Garden of Death:

    In Brazil near Sau Paulo is the island Ilha da Queimada Grande. The island is closed for people because it's full of poisonous snakes!
    I'm not saying Craig and a film crew should travel there, but I think this shows that the Garden of Death isn't as unrealistic as many might think.


    Queimada_Grande_web.jpg

    2.jpeg


    snake_island.jpg?fit=1280%2C853&ssl=1
  • Number24 wrote:
    This reminded me of Garden of Death:

    In Brazil near Sau Paulo is the island Ilha da Queimada Grande. The island is closed for people because it's full of poisonous snakes!
    I'm not saying Craig and a film crew should travel there, but I think this shows that the Garden of Death isn't as unrealistic as many might think.


    Queimada_Grande_web.jpg

    2.jpeg


    snake_island.jpg?fit=1280%2C853&ssl=1


    Bloody hell! :o Still beautiful though.
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    edited September 2018
    Officially the island is closed to the public because the vemonous Golden Lancehead Pit Snake is an endangered species, but they aren't endangered on the island.
    The island has the nick name Snake Island and there are 4-2000 Golden Lanceheads there, nearly on per sqare meters on average.


    A documentary on Snake Island:

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=island+Ilha+da+Queimada+Grande&&view=detail&mid=9C4D60FAB9484B2287559C4D60FAB9484B228755&&FORM=VRDGAR
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    Karakorum Highway, Pakistan


    Karakoram-Highway-100.jpg

    11464119126_813649eedf_o.jpg?itok=y5gJAb54


    karakoram-highway-800x600.jpg
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    989_FE72_C-7845-4992-_ACD0-3_E3_B0_BCB3465.jpg
    Jade Mountain resort, St Lucia. If a bald guy with an Eastern European accent needs somewhere to stroke his cat in comfort and seclusion its here.
  • Just beautiful, guys.


    This is just a lovely blue marble we live on, isn't it? That's one of the reasons I love to travel and see this world.
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    Just a quick reminder to the Bond producers that they should visit my neightbourhood some day :D

    autoreisen_rundreisen_wanderreisen_fjordnorwegen_norwegen_skandinavien_hjrundfjord_traumhafte_wanderpfade_de_4.jpg

    ?image=%2fdbimgs%2fsunnmoersalpene-hjoerundfjord-haavard-myklebust-fjellfotografen.net.jpg&action=Background_Overlay


    flyfoto1.jpg?1522695142
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,156MI6 Agent
    Does Norway offer tax credits for filming there? If not, it's probably out of the question.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    If you are one of the two first viable projects to apply for tax exeption that fiscal year you will get it. If not, there is no chance. It's a stupid system.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    I like everything about this photo from Lofoten in the north.


    img
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 789MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I like everything about this photo from Lofoten in the north.


    img

    Hell, these are the places Bond should visit! -{
    The name is Walker by the way.

    IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,156MI6 Agent
    They should have something like this in the next Bond film. Warning: sort of violent.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK6IGG5zRU8
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,156MI6 Agent
    This is pretty scary, too.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    The drones are impressive, facinating and deeply scary. I belive there should be an international treat to control the use of drones, especially autonomous and killer drones, a bit like land mines.
    The time window is closing fast, since hopefully only the West has drones this advanced. If a treaty is proposed now, other powers might agree to it. It's too late when countries like Russia, China and Iran has them.

    Back on topic: this could work in a Bond movie!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,697MI6 Agent
    Raymond Benson, equipped Bond's Jag in his Books with a drone ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    It's time a villan uses a super-yacht, luxury boats 400 to nearly 600 feet long. These boats have cinemas, consert hall, swimming pool, floodable garage, helicopter landing pad etc. These vessels sometimeshave a secret buildiing history and an anonymous owner.
    Look:https://www.businessinsider.com/the-biggest-luxury-yachts-in-the-world?r=UK&IR=T


    Examples:

    yas-ADM-yacht.jpg

    dubai-4808.jpg



    Azzam - the largest in the world:

    azzam-night-180m.jpg


    The Azzam compared to a Royal Navy destroyer:


    Azzam-Yacht-Superyacht-Top-100-2015.jpg
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,156MI6 Agent
    Le Chiffre had a luxury yacht, although we didn't see much of it.

    Would be interesting to see a villain's yacht that it outfitted with all kinds of weapons, missiles, torpedoes, etc.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 18,612MI6 Agent
    Le Chiffre's yacht is about 104 feet long, while the "Azzam" is 590 feet.....


    But you're right - there are many ways a super-yacht can be weaponized :007)
Sign In or Register to comment.