Locations - suggestions, rumours and reports

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    The Summer House is in the same small community as the Hotel that was the main location in Ex Macina..
    The Weekend House on the tiny island could work in a tense siege scene. One or more of Bond's allies, perhaps the Bond girl, has locked herself into the house and the villains are trying to get in. At the same time Bond is racing to get there in time to save her. The house could be set up in an earlier scene were Bond and the woman literally batten down the hatches and make love there during a storm. It would be something new in a Bond movie (well, perhaps the barn in the snow storm in OHMSS....)
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    The Weekend House on the tiny island could work in a tense siege scene. One or more of Bond's allies, perhaps the Bond girl, has locked herself into the house and the villains are trying to get in. At the same time Bond is racing to get there in time to save her. The house could be set up in an earlier scene were Bond and the woman literally batten down the hatches and make love there during a storm. It would be something new in a Bond movie (well, perhaps the barn in the snow storm in OHMSS....)

Isn't that basically the end of Skyfall? Minus the lovemaking of course :D
    Minus Bond being far away racing a boat or a car, a Bond girl being inside, the house being hard to break into, no M etc. :v
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Isn't that basically the end of Skyfall? Minus the lovemaking of course :D

A combination of the ends of Skyfall and Spectre!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    edited August 2018
    That could actually be the basis of a fun thread: pick a scene and find what two or more scenes it reminds you of.

Personally I think the scene I suggested is closer to Skyfall and the destruction of the ice palace in DAD.
    According to a source Namibia was a location in the Hodge script. Plenty of motivation for me to post some photos! :D

namibia-21334484-1481549182-ImageGalleryLightboxLarge.jpg

namibiaexclusive_29091606_cropped-jpg-1920x810_0_148_10000-1.jpeg

pic40.jpg

Namibia is a former German colony
    swakopmund-seals3.jpg

cache_3982232.jpg?t=1478686895

a38866f34a1c5763a6578791376ffffd.jpg
  • Agent Double-O DanielAgent Double-O Daniel Posts: 159MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    According to a source Namibia was a location in the Hodge script. Plenty of motivation for me to post some photos! :D

namibia-21334484-1481549182-ImageGalleryLightboxLarge.jpg

namibiaexclusive_29091606_cropped-jpg-1920x810_0_148_10000-1.jpeg

pic40.jpg

Namibia is a former German colony
    swakopmund-seals3.jpg

cache_3982232.jpg?t=1478686895

a38866f34a1c5763a6578791376ffffd.jpg

Quite beautiful. I hope it is an actual location for the film.
    Sorry but that last hand... Nearly killed me.
    edited August 2018
    I'm intersted in architecture and I'm a fan of "BBC's most extraordinary homes". Last night's episode was from Switzerland and one of the presenters actually said "This view could make any Bond villan smile" :007)
    The house was Villa Am See (Villa by the lake) by the Lake Lucerne. The owner is a petrol head and a large part of the motivation for building his house was to find a home for his five Porsches!

villa-am-see-293.jpg

VillaAmSee021.jpg

VillaAmSee082.jpg

VillaAmSee052.jpg

VillaAmSee042.jpg

49EFC12D00000578-5469805-The_living_room_has_a_light_decor_and_atmosphere_offering_somewh-a-87_1520372530057.jpg
    This reminded me of Garden of Death:

In Brazil near Sau Paulo is the island Ilha da Queimada Grande. The island is closed for people because it's full of poisonous snakes!
    I'm not saying Craig and a film crew should travel there, but I think this shows that the Garden of Death isn't as unrealistic as many might think.

Queimada_Grande_web.jpg

2.jpeg

snake_island.jpg?fit=1280%2C853&ssl=1
  • Number24 wrote:
    This reminded me of Garden of Death:

In Brazil near Sau Paulo is the island Ilha da Queimada Grande. The island is closed for people because it's full of poisonous snakes!
    I'm not saying Craig and a film crew should travel there, but I think this shows that the Garden of Death isn't as unrealistic as many might think.

Queimada_Grande_web.jpg

2.jpeg

snake_island.jpg?fit=1280%2C853&ssl=1

Bloody hell! :o Still beautiful though.
    edited September 2018
    Officially the island is closed to the public because the vemonous Golden Lancehead Pit Snake is an endangered species, but they aren't endangered on the island.
    The island has the nick name Snake Island and there are 4-2000 Golden Lanceheads there, nearly on per sqare meters on average.

A documentary on Snake Island:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=island+Ilha+da+Queimada+Grande&&view=detail&mid=9C4D60FAB9484B2287559C4D60FAB9484B228755&&FORM=VRDGAR
    Karakorum Highway, Pakistan

Karakoram-Highway-100.jpg

11464119126_813649eedf_o.jpg?itok=y5gJAb54

karakoram-highway-800x600.jpg
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    989_FE72_C-7845-4992-_ACD0-3_E3_B0_BCB3465.jpg
    Jade Mountain resort, St Lucia. If a bald guy with an Eastern European accent needs somewhere to stroke his cat in comfort and seclusion its here.
  • Just beautiful, guys.

This is just a lovely blue marble we live on, isn't it? That's one of the reasons I love to travel and see this world.
    Just a quick reminder to the Bond producers that they should visit my neightbourhood some day :D

autoreisen_rundreisen_wanderreisen_fjordnorwegen_norwegen_skandinavien_hjrundfjord_traumhafte_wanderpfade_de_4.jpg

?image=%2fdbimgs%2fsunnmoersalpene-hjoerundfjord-haavard-myklebust-fjellfotografen.net.jpg&action=Background_Overlay

flyfoto1.jpg?1522695142
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Does Norway offer tax credits for filming there? If not, it's probably out of the question.
    If you are one of the two first viable projects to apply for tax exeption that fiscal year you will get it. If not, there is no chance. It's a stupid system.
    I like everything about this photo from Lofoten in the north.

img
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I like everything about this photo from Lofoten in the north.

img

Hell, these are the places Bond should visit! -{
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    They should have something like this in the next Bond film. Warning: sort of violent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK6IGG5zRU8
    This is pretty scary, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LikxFZZO2sk
    The drones are impressive, facinating and deeply scary. I belive there should be an international treat to control the use of drones, especially autonomous and killer drones, a bit like land mines.
    The time window is closing fast, since hopefully only the West has drones this advanced. If a treaty is proposed now, other powers might agree to it. It's too late when countries like Russia, China and Iran has them.

Back on topic: this could work in a Bond movie!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Raymond Benson, equipped Bond's Jag in his Books with a drone ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited October 2018
    It's time a villan uses a super-yacht, luxury boats 400 to nearly 600 feet long. These boats have cinemas, consert hall, swimming pool, floodable garage, helicopter landing pad etc. These vessels sometimeshave a secret buildiing history and an anonymous owner.
    Look:https://www.businessinsider.com/the-biggest-luxury-yachts-in-the-world?r=UK&IR=T

Examples:

yas-ADM-yacht.jpg

dubai-4808.jpg

Azzam - the largest in the world:

azzam-night-180m.jpg

The Azzam compared to a Royal Navy destroyer:

Azzam-Yacht-Superyacht-Top-100-2015.jpg
    Le Chiffre had a luxury yacht, although we didn't see much of it.

Would be interesting to see a villain's yacht that it outfitted with all kinds of weapons, missiles, torpedoes, etc.
    Le Chiffre's yacht is about 104 feet long, while the "Azzam" is 590 feet.....

But you're right - there are many ways a super-yacht can be weaponized :007)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Le Chiffre's yacht is about 104 feet long, while the "Azzam" is 590 feet.....

But you're right - there are many ways a super-yacht can be weaponized :007)

Showing something on screen doesn't make much of an impact. It's how it's used that matters. A 590-ft yacht will never be as impressive as the Disco Volante if it's not used in a more special manner.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    I think the superyacht could be the lair of the villan, moving around the world. He could stay in international waters or near friendly waters. The boat could be the home of the villan, his guards and closest underlings. The yacht could have first rate radars and surveilance, but also machine cannons and even light missliles that appear if the ship is attacked.