Any whiskey gurus in the house?

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Trying TinCup whiskey from Colorado, very neutral with a bitter aftertaste, really like the Art deco bottle and the tin cap that can be used as a cup hence the name.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I am no whisky guru by far, but I do enjoy my drams.

Some favourites currently are Glenlivet Nadurra First Fill, Glenlivet 18, Scapa The Orcadian, Aberlour A'Bunadh, Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye and Bulleit Bourbon.

All very smooth, flavourful whiskys. My favourite of those listed would be the Nadurra.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I noticed watching " Non-stop" with Liam Neeson. When he told Julianne Moore to
    Have a real drink he poured her some of our local export " Black Bush " from the
    Bushmills distillery. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Never had that, I'm only partial to Jack Daniels and Jamesons
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I am no whisky guru by far, but I do enjoy my drams.

Some favourites currently are Glenlivet Nadurra First Fill, Glenlivet 18, Scapa The Orcadian, Aberlour A'Bunadh, Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye and Bulleit Bourbon.

All very smooth, flavourful whiskys. My favourite of those listed would be the Nadurra.
    big fan of Bulleit Bourbon!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I noticed watching " Non-stop" with Liam Neeson. When he told Julianne Moore to
    Have a real drink he poured her some of our local export " Black Bush " from the
    Bushmills distillery. -{

Im a big fan of Bushmills Black Bush
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Scotch ! The story of Scottish whisky. Is a new programme on BBC 2 Scotland
    But available on the BBC i-player, so should be of Interest to those who partake
    In the Devil's Buttermilk ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent
    At the risk of being banned by Barbel I dislike Scotch whisky :v Now... a nice bottle of Jameson's... :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    I think I can hear a claymore being sharpened. :D
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    At the risk of being banned by Barbel I dislike Scotch whisky :v Now... a nice bottle of Jameson's... :D

I wouldn't worry Cool Hand - like Barbel I am a Scot, like you I like Jameson's too! Also very fond of Aberlour and Dalwhinnie, - went there for my 40th birthday.

Pussy don't be silly. - A Claymore is always sharp! :D
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Just picked up some new whiskeys for the new year: David Beckham's Haig Club and High West Double rye. I'll probably buy a bottle of Wild Turkey soon as I had some on Christmas last year and surprisingly enjoyed it and having Matthew Mcconaughey as the spokesperson is a massive draw as well. What have you guys been drinking?
    I got a strange one for xmas from my sister

Douglas Laings Rock Oyster Cask Strength

Not tried yet as off the booze for a while!!! :))
    welshboy78 wrote:

Never heard of that one! also I should add that I finished off the Tin cup whiskey I got back in September on New Years, its a decent whiskey. My favorite part of it was the tin cup cap it comes with which was a really cool feature and is convenient to drink from when out.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I purchased a bottle of The Macallan Edition No. 2 for New Year.

A very nice Scotch to be enjoyed on these cold winter nights.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    edited January 2017
    welshboy78 wrote:

Never heard of that one! also I should add that I finished off the Tin cup whiskey I got back in September on New Years, its a decent whiskey. My favorite part of it was the tin cup cap it comes with which was a really cool feature and is convenient to drink from when out.

Let me know how the Haig Club goes. When I was in the Far East last year its plastered everywhere on billboards, airports etc with Beckhams mug! Im guessing he aint even sniffed the stuff :))

The description of the one I was given sounds a bit unusual:

ROCK OYSTER CASK STRENGTH LIMITED EDITION

Introducing Douglas Laing’s Rock Oyster Cask Strength; the super-charged partner to the original Rock Oyster bottled at 57.4% ABV. Containing the finest Malt Whiskies from Scotland's Whisky Islands, including those distilled on Islay, Arran, Orkney and Jura, this Limited Edition delivers a massive amplification of all those coastal qualities from the original Rock Oyster.

Anticipate a blast of sea air on the nose and a tempestuously oceanic storm on the palate. Rock Oyster Cask Strength delivers a big peat hit full of Islay phenols, iodine and coal dust, with a shake of pepper softening to a distinct honey sweetness from the Arran casks. The Isle of Jura brings waves of citrus and barley to the mix, and Orkney fetches up some salt from the deep.
    I purchased a bottle of The Macallan Edition No. 2 for New Year.

A very nice Scotch to be enjoyed on these cold winter nights.

Need a new bottle of Macallan - only problem though is I have a crazy number of bottles of scotch at the moment and would never drink it all in my lifetime.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,052Chief of Staff
    I always wear a 3-piece suit, and a shirt & tie to drink mine.
    :D proves Bond Spoke the truth in LALD.
    " Tell him neat would you .... No ice "
    The Scottish Government have recently set a minimum price for alcohol, to discourage its abuse. I am sure this will have the deshired... desired effect and (hic!) be very shuccess... succeshh... (hic!)....
    :)) only read today that there is a loophole. If it's ordered through Amazon you pay the old price.
    Ah, thank you! :)
    I was lucky enough to try these with a fellow AJB member while in LA last year.
    Pappy_LA1.jpg
    Pappy_LA2.jpg
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent

I very much enjoy their Highland Black... Yet to try their Single Malts.

They do some wonderful chocolate as well :D

I've just finished The Genrothers Select Reserve, which was very-very nice indeed, and have one decent double left of Cardhu Gold Reserve.

I'm hoping, being Fathers Day in the UK tomorrow, that I'll get another nice single malt.
    Just picked up this bottle. One of the last whiskeys from one of my favorite whiskey brands that I hadn't tried yet. What have you guys been drinking recently?

image.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent

According to the article the White Walker is best served chilled. I guess so you can't taste the actual whisky. :p :v

In terms of commemorative bottles I prefer the Blade Runner Director's Cut. It's a keeper.
    "Chilled" .... because winter is coming, I guess ;)