Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• tango73tango73 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    just emailed Luigi back to say I'm having two polos, just in case he only has me down for one :)
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Luigi confirmed he has has received my email {[]
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Confirming that Luigi has my email.
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
  • cahcah Terrigal, AustraliaPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    Luigi emailed, responded and confirmed day 1.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Have confirmation email from Luigi too, having mailed him
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    sorry.... that last hand, nearly killed me. :)) sorry gents for the hold up, email sent.
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018
    I was waiting to see the finished product and a size chart, imagine others might be as well. Don't want to hold things up though, I'll be e-mailing Luigi today as I'm sure Mantis will square away the details.

But does anybody know why Tom Ford made the prototype salmon pink? I wouldn't be surprised if that has some people being stand-offish. Horrible color. :#
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Guess its easier to check the important details on a lighter cokour. Bit like all the suits in the TF MTM VIP area are flat grey

David will ensure its perfect. Including colour.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The color was what they had in the exact fabric at the time they made the prototype. Its a linen material that seems rather unique. And for those that are emailing Luigi, this wont happen till ALL the details and changes are correct etc. So this is just an email because they need to confirm that there really are 40 plus people interested...right now they don't have that.
  • Linen? Never would have guessed.
    Is it a cotton, linen combo or 100% linen?
  • E-mail sent to Luigi.
    In for 2.

Excited to learn it's not just a cotton polo.
    Thanks again.
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    I just emailed him. I’ve been away so haven’t checked the thread for a while
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    I got an out of office so he must be on holiday
    Yes, he is on holiday at the moment....
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Sorry gents, I've been away for a few months and didn't see the news. I've been working on my MBA lately and I tore all the ligaments in my right ankle recently.

That said, I'm still in. I'll email Luigi now.
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    edited November 2018
    Guys I was on the list for this and apparently completely forgot about the thread. Am I too late!? If not could someone please tell me what to do to get the order in.

EDIT- Email Sent.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    ZChauvin wrote:
    Guys I was on the list for this and apparently completely forgot about the thread. Am I too late!? If not could someone please tell me what to do to get the order in.

EDIT- Email Sent.

If I remember correctly the shirt was sent back to Luigi with some recommended changes but nothing has been finalized regarding orders so I think you're ok!
    I know where you keep your gun!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

EDIT- Email Sent.

If I remember correctly the shirt was sent back to Luigi with some recommended changes but nothing has been finalized regarding orders so I think you're ok!

Awesome, well I sent my email so will wait for him to confirm.
  • Is Luigi still on vacation? ?:)
    I think I'm working for the wrong company...sounds like I should be working for tom ford.
    MrE wrote:
    Is Luigi still on vacation? ?:)
    I think I'm working for the wrong company...sounds like I should be working for tom ford.

No he is not, but everything takes time and pushing the guys at TF when they are essentially doing us a favour (albeit a profitable one) gets you nowhere. David will have it under control

Hey guys has anyone heard from Luigi? I sent an email a week or two ago and never got a response. Just want to make sure I don’t get left out.
    I have spoken to him just last week....the project continues and they are drafting up a size chart currently.
    The Mantis wrote:
    I have spoken to him just last week....the project continues and they are drafting up a size chart currently.

Awesome thank you.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    A very exciting email just arrived.... thank you DZ.....
    This went out from Luigi...nice way to start 2019:

Dear Gentleman

Hope this email finds you well.

I’m contacting you to on the matter of the Polo shirt appeared on “Quantum of Solace”.

As you may know to make it possible we’ve a minimum production of 45 units.

Attached, you will find the sizing and measurements charts to figure out what is your size.

There will be no chance to customize each single item, however for those who will request there will be a tag with your name stitched in 2 different lines, as follow.

1st line: 17 digits available including spaces

2nd line: 17 digits available including spaces

We need to collect all the full deposits in order to start the order, if everybody will send their deposit within the end of February the order will be delivered to me in Milan on the first half of June.

The price of the polo is:

- 670,00 euro for EU destinations

- 549,18 for NON EU destinations (shipped only)

Shipping costs are 30 euro for all destinations.

For those who will request the shipping in a NON EU countries mind that the jacket will be shipped with invoice and the local authorities may apply custom fees of your country.

The payment can be done by bank transfer or credit card.

Kindly find attached the authorization form to have the payment in credit card and the banking details.

Mind that once the order is launched there will be no more chances to change the size confirmed, and after had received your polo any returns will be not accepted, only for faulty issues.

If you may need further info kindly do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Luigi D’Orsogna Bucci

cid:3406809416_36997375
    LUIGI D’ORSOGNA BUCCI | MTM MANAGER EUROPE | VIA P.VERRI 3 | 20121 MILANO (MI) | WWW.TOMFORD.COM

file:///C:/Users/DZARIT~1/AppData/Local/Temp/QOS%20POLO%20SIZE%20CHART-1.pdf#page=2
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Very exciting news indeed! Thanks David for moving this forward!
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
    €670???
    When did that rather large increase happen?

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    With you there 007jb it seems to have jumped for us UK guys , plus another 30euros for posting I believe.
    I'm suddenly twitchy but don't want to be the person to cause the project not going a head.
    Is it worth emailing Luigi ?
    007 reporting for duty
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Nevertheless still exciting news, well done mantis.

Mantis are you going to do a Vlog on sizing as we only get 1 chance and your vlogs really help me, every time you do them so far I have a 100% record on not cocking it up :D
    007 reporting for duty
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    €670???
    When did that rather large increase happen?

I was thinking the same thing! Once i take into account currency conversion, s/h, and duties I'm looking at $1430 for 2 polo shirts :# 8-)
    I know where you keep your gun!
This discussion has been closed.