Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    I'm still in but just waiting to see what develops, I believe we have end of Feb to pay ?
    Also hoping a size vlog on it as sizing is tricky and we only get 1 chance , then I'll commit to the form.
    007 reporting for duty
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    I'm still in but just waiting to see what develops, I believe we have end of Feb to pay ?
    Also hoping a size vlog on it as sizing is tricky and we only get 1 chance , then I'll commit to the form.

Same here
    My Harrington trauma makes me keen to understand the sizing 100% before committing to a 50 or 52
    My Harrington travelled to London twice and eventually Milan before I was happy
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Do we have a size chart yet? I believe sizing is most likely the hang up for most people, including myself.
    Want to get it right.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Luigi sent a detailed size chart in his email.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I’ve no idea how to post a pdf here but message me your email and I’ll forward it.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Here is a copy of the size chart....

Screenshot-20190122-134544.png
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    I have filled out the form and send it back to Luigi.
    Now he is requesting other documents, such as Id card.
    Can you help me and clarify what additional docs (other than the form) I have to produce?

Thank you.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    Can you help me and clarify what additional docs (other than the form) I have to produce?

Thank you.

I normally sent a copy of my passport
    edited February 2019
    Commandant wrote:

Thank you.

When I bought my Harrington in 2017 I sent in the obvious forms, front and back image of my CC and a copy of my license. I think the id requirement is to make sure the name on the CC matches the Id but I could be wrong.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Thank you for your help!
    Will send a scan of my ID tomorrow -{

Do we know if DZ is doing an updated for vlog? I ask because just like the Harrington I'm not sure on size and that's a lot of money to spend to make a mistake!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

Do we know if DZ is doing an updated for vlog? I ask because just like the Harrington I'm not sure on size and that's a lot of money to spend to make a mistake!

I know he never mentioned the project on his vlog due to Tom Ford request. Perhaps an unlisted video about sizing linked from this thread would be acceptable.
    MikeG77 wrote:

I know he never mentioned the project on his vlog due to Tom Ford request. Perhaps an unlisted video about sizing linked from this thread would be acceptable.

Apparently they want this project to be a little more discreet which on one hand is understandable but on the other hand it's a bit infuriating! I think if DZ can do a short fit video and leave the link up until the end of February that would be great!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I could make it a private link just for interested parties also....but TF would have to send me a shirt or two to try on....fit will be everything, agreed!
    I could make it a private link just for interested parties also....but TF would have to send me a shirt or two to try on....fit will be everything, agreed!

I'm assuming that most people have not paid yet because of the sizing concerns. I think most of us myself included would greatly appreciate an updated video of your thoughts regarding the changed made and sizing.
  • OB007OB007 NorwayPosts: 20MI6 Agent
    I have send back the information to Luigi a while back but i havent payed anything yet.
    Guessing nothing will be drawn from my account before everyone is confirmed for the project.
    Size vice a vlog from David on it would be awsome if this is possible to do.
    I dont know how this fabric will be after a wash and things like that. So i went safe and put on size 54 on the form to Luigi.
    I use size 52/54 in my other TF polo's and shirts cardigans ect. So i hope i havent done any i regret. :)
    But out from the size chart a size 54 will fit me best i think and i wont look like a stuffed sausage. :)) haha

Im still in as this will be a one of a kind polo. All Bond fun cost a bit of money -{
    I've been expecting you, Mr. Bond...
    OB007 wrote:
    I have send back the information to Luigi a while back but i havent payed anything yet.
    Guessing nothing will be drawn from my account before everyone is confirmed for the project.
    I dont know how this fabric will be after a wash and things like that. So i went safe and put on size 54 on the form to Luigi.
    I use size 52/54 in my other TF polo's and shirts cardigans ect. So i hope i havent done any i regret. :)
    But out from the size chart a size 54 will fit me best i think and i wont look like a stuffed sausage. :)) haha

Im still in as this will be a one of a kind polo. All Bond fun cost a bit of money -{

I'm in the same boat as you as I'm stuck deciding between a size 56/58. Based on my chest measurements I should purchase a 56 but like you I'm wondering after laundering will the shirt shrink? If it will then it would be best for me to purchase a 58? How do you normally launder your Tom Ford polos?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    OB007 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as you as I'm stuck deciding between a size 56/58. Based on my chest measurements I should purchase a 56 but like you I'm wondering after laundering will the shirt shrink? If it will then it would be best for me to purchase a 58? How do you normally launder your Tom Ford polos?

My other store bought TF polos are size 54 and only one of them (the Spectre one) is linen like I belive this one will be if I remember correct from Davids video of the prototype. Not sure how linen will do in wash over a long time.
    Been used little and washed maybe twice. 8-)
    I wash mine in the machine on very fine wash program. I feel the Spectre linen one maybe got a bit firmer but hard to say as they all was a bit tight from beginning in size 54.
    I went for the chest measurement when I choose the size 54 on this polo.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I’m pretty sure neither the Spectre or this QOS polo are linen.
    JTM wrote:
    I’m pretty sure neither the Spectre or this QOS polo are linen.

Yeah I think DZ said it had a linen feel to it but I imagine the QOS polo will be 100% cotton. I know the Spectre polo was made of cotton and viscose.
    Ive done a fair bit of measuring other polos today and my best fitting (OB and TF) match the 52 pretty much identically in measurements...
    So going for your usual TF size seems right, to me at least...

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Ive done a fair bit of measuring other polos today and my best fitting (OB and TF) match the 52 pretty much identically in measurements...

I've measured the same shirt a few times and a 56 would be best for me BUT I'm not a 100% sure 8-)
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

I used the Sunspel and TF polos to measure out and i found out from size chart that 54 as i use in TF will be best for me.
    But we will never know how it will turn out. We saw that with the Harrington jacket. :)
    Just been chatting to Luigi re ties and discussed the polo. In his view its a slim fit and will draw in with washing, so one size up wise unless you want it shrink wrapped

I have asked TF to send me a polo proto that fits that I can do a video around for size discussion....will let everyone know the answer soon....
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Just been chatting to Luigi re ties and discussed the polo. In his view its a slim fit and will draw in with washing, so one size up wise unless you want it shrink wrapped

Based on what Luigi said are you going to size up to a 54? For me it looks like a 56 will be too small after washing, a 60 is definitely too big so a 58 it is 8-)
    MikeG77 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Based on what Luigi said are you going to size up to a 54? For me it looks like a 56 will be too small after washing, a 60 is definitely too big so a 58 it is 8-)

M, I think so. The 54 mirrors my sunspels bar a small % bigger. So after eashing should be close but not sprayed on!

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

M, I think so. The 54 mirrors my sunspels bar a small % bigger. So after eashing should be close but not sprayed on!

I'd rather not scare my neighbors with a spray painted on polo :)) What size do you wear in the Riviera polo? I ask because I'd like to pick up one this spring but I've never purchased anything from Sunspel so any insight would be appreciated.
    Hello gang....unfortunately we may be seeing the end of this project, and not in a good way..there are only 10 units committed and there is only 14 days left to take deposits. I explained to Luigi the concern of fit based off of the harrington projects and there will not be another prototype released o do a fit video. Marry that to the fact that they wont let me take this to social media and we have an impasse....
    Hello gang....unfortunately we may be seeing the end of this project, and not in a good way..there are only 10 units committed and there is only 14 days left to take deposits. I explained to Luigi the concern of fit based off of the harrington projects and there will not be another prototype released o do a fit video. Marry that to the fact that they wont let me take this to social media and we have an impasse....

Speaking for myself I was originally loooking at getting 2 but with the price change I decided to only get one but seeing as I wasn't sure on fit I did not send a deposit. The updated fit video would have helped me narrow down the size! It's unfortunate that Luigi/Tom Ford is not allowing you to do a little bit of promoting for this project!
This discussion has been closed.