Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
    Maybe Royale Filmwear can make it.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    David, that is a huge shame after all your work, know how much goes in to getting these across the line.
    Like Mike I was awaiting a sizing vid.
    But will make best guess and send form in anyway just incase enough of us were waiting
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update David, though the news is not good. I was waiting to see whether there would be another fit video before sending in the order info. I think many others were as well. Now that I know there won't be a new video, I'm just going to take a best guess, send the info and hope for the best. Hopefully others plan to do so as well.
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
  • cahcah Terrigal, AustraliaPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    David that is indeed bad news. Like several others I was also waiting for a fit video but will now bite the bullet and make my best guess. Deposit sent to Luigi. Hopefully we shall get enough through now to complete project.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Gents, perhaps if enough of us ask for the fit video as the stumbling block then Luigi might have something to take to his management. I truly feel this is a major stopping point for many...
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    David, I will try and promote this on my channel as I know you can’t. I’ll also be sending in my info tomorrow or next week.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • cahcah Terrigal, AustraliaPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    I've also just advised Luigi that I will increase my order to 2 if it helps getting over the line. That way I can spread size options.
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hello gang....unfortunately we may be seeing the end of this project, and not in a good way..there are only 10 units committed and there is only 14 days left to take deposits. I explained to Luigi the concern of fit based off of the harrington projects and there will not be another prototype released o do a fit video. Marry that to the fact that they wont let me take this to social media and we have an impasse....

David ..... sorry to hear that you think this project is not going to happen because of lack of commitment to order with Luigi especially knowing the Time and Effort both yourself and Luigi have invested in trying to make this happen.
    I personally don't understand why people cannot simply look at the sizing chart that Luigi has already produced & published ...... surely it's not rocket science to work out what size you require to achieve the fit you want.
    Example ...... in my case I'm a std. size 52 (42").
    My actual chest measurement is 41.5"
    The most important measurement for the Polo is the Chest measurement.
    So ..... I would want to have a garment chest measurement of about 1.5"/2" Bigger than my actual chest measurement ....... i.e ...... in my case about 43/43.5".
    Then look at the chart and pick the size which is the closest ...... i.e. the same or the nearest ..... slightly bigger ...... simple.
    Because I work abroad ...... I do ALL my clothes shopping on line ...... it's simple.
    So what's the problem?

David
    Following on from my last post:-

Luigi has NOT taken any deposits yet.
    He has only taken the Order and Payment details …… but not actual payments ……. That will only be done after the Minimum order has been reached to allow Luigi to give the Green light to production ……. and then at that point take payments.
    So if you are sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens before committing …….. No project will ever see the light.
    Sizing clothing is easy that’s why company produces sizing charts …… for these exact circumstances. Surely you don’t NEED David Z to produce a fitting/Sizing Vlog to help you decide …….. although I enjoy David’s Vlogs and they are very informative and entertaining I don’t think it’s required for anybody to commit to a size required, and order with Luigi …… especially after ALL their hard work to get a project to this point.

If you think getting a Project like this off the ground is easy ……. Try and do it yourself ……. Especially with a Global Fashion Juggernaut like TOM FORD ……. We are Lucky to have Luigi and David on board to help make these project happen.
    Show respect and appreciation for ALL their efforts and not waste their time.

If anybody disagrees with any of my comments …… please post your views and opinions …… The clock is ticking and we are running out of time …… let’s not waste this opportunity.

David
  • bondfan245200bondfan245200 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    monster wrote:
    Following on from my last post:-

Luigi has NOT taken any deposits yet.
    He has only taken the Order and Payment details …… but not actual payments ……. That will only be done after the Minimum order has been reached to allow Luigi to give the Green light to production ……. and then at that point take payments.
    So if you are sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens before committing …….. No project will ever see the light.
    Sizing clothing is easy that’s why company produces sizing charts …… for these exact circumstances. Surely you don’t NEED David Z to produce a fitting/Sizing Vlog to help you decide …….. although I enjoy David’s Vlogs and they are very informative and entertaining I don’t think it’s required for anybody to commit to a size required, and order with Luigi …… especially after ALL their hard work to get a project to this point.

If you think getting a Project like this off the ground is easy ……. Try and do it yourself ……. Especially with a Global Fashion Juggernaut like TOM FORD ……. We are Lucky to have Luigi and David on board to help make these project happen.
    Show respect and appreciation for ALL their efforts and not waste their time.

If anybody disagrees with any of my comments …… please post your views and opinions …… The clock is ticking and we are running out of time …… let’s not waste this opportunity.

David

I second this. I just sent in my payment info. As of this morning he only has 11 of the minimum 45 units required
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Info sent to Luigi

There’s still time
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Just sent in my info.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if there are any limitations regarding personalization?
    I know where you keep your gun!
    There are no limitations as the original one was never personalized....
    There are no limitations as the original one was never personalized....

I didn't think so but I figured I would ask! Will you be doing any personalization to match your jacket or are you leaving yours blank?
    I am going to personalize it like this:

Do Not Resuscitate
    I am going to personalize it like this:

Do Not Resuscitate

I assume you're just joking but that's pretty funny!
    Mines in, went usual tf size (52) after remeasuring and trying on every polo I own :))

Re: Sizing from Luigi’s/TF’s QOS Sizing Chart.

NORMALLY I’M A STD. SIZE 52 (42”)

My Personal Order (To help other members Order)

In my previous Post I said my Actual Chest measurement was 41.5” and that for a Polo I would normally allow between 1.5” – 2” increase on the Garment size Chart i.e. 43” – 43.5”.
    That would give me a CLASSIC FIT.
    I Originally ordered a SIZE 50 (One Size Down from normal – as per the Harrington Jacket as well) to achieve a screen accurate look. The Garment Chest measurement for the Size 50 is 42.52” which is 1” rather than the 1.5” – 2” for a CLASSIC FIT.

Considering we are struggling to meet the 45 minimum order for Luigi to proceed with this Project ……. I have contacted him this morning committing to a second POLO but this Time a Size 52.
    Now ……. A size 52 has a Garment Chest measurement of 44.09”. This size is +2.5” bigger than my actual chest measurement (rather than the 1.5” – 2” for a CLASSIC FIT) so I would describe this fit FOR ME as a CLASSIC FIT+.

Hope this helps anybody who is unsure of what size to order.

P.S. LUIGI has done as much as he can to make this happen …… including going back to Tom Ford Management (Who wanted a minimum order of 60) and made his personal assurance that we had a least 45 orders …… and TOM FORD would make up the difference/shortfall or 15 Garments (Polo’s).

David
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I have not forgot just been crazy busy at work

Will put mine in this weekend

I think the new price has really put most off (understandably)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I agree with Paul.

Im 100% sure everyone who said they were in genuinely did so.

And whilst I completely understand the reasons for the price rise, and have the ultimate respect for David Z and Luigi getting this viable, I also respect others who simply cant commit to a £500 polo.

And I know David Z does too

Hopefully it will still get across the line

Well said!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I agree with Paul.

And whilst I completely understand the reasons for the price rise, and have the ultimate respect for David Z and Luigi getting this viable, I also respect others who simply cant commit to a £500 polo.

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I agree with Paul.

Mark

There are only two reasons why (I Think) members who added their names to list …….. but have not followed through with an actual order is:-

A. COST. – Luigi Estimated a cost of a Batch Production on minimum quantity i.e. 60 …… but this was only a Estimate to give members a ‘Ball Park’ figure.
    Two things happened after that. First Luigi had to contact the production and merchandising team, asking them to invest time and money for a sample and seeking for the original details.
    Then also we couldn’t reach the minimum order of 60 units …….. so Luigi had to ask TF Management to consider the lower number of 45 (with his personal/professional assurance) and TF would make up the difference/shortfall of 15 units.
    Now that Luigi has costed the unit price accurately taking into account ALL the above factors ……. That’s the reason for the price difference.
    If you ask a builder to come around to you property and give you an Estimate ……… you wouldn’t hold that builder to an Estimate and expect to pay what he originally estimated.
    But I fully understand if when the actual cost were published …… some people were not able to meet this higher cost; But I gave these people the opportunity to official drop out of the project by removing their Names from the Last Published list by David Z (See my Post No. 303) i.e. remove their name and re-publish. This would of quickly established how many people were still in and if we had the required number to meet Luigi’s minimum of 45.
    If we didn’t have the minimum number …… at least we would know what the shortfall was ….. thus giving the remaining members an opportunity to order more than one Polo to push the project over the line, if it was close.

Question: How many members that knew they were NOT (for whatever reason) going to order (could be bothered); took their names OFF the list.
    Answer: 0

B. SIZING. To me the sizing issue is simple (As I’ve Posted) and you only need to look at the sizing chart published and issued by Luigi ……. Then apply a bit of common sense.

David
    David

I have spoken to Luigi regularly so I am fully aware of the reasons for the price rise. I accept them and after careful thought decided to go ahead. All I'm saying is that its a lot of money and some (me included in honesty) have much more important priorities financially. Me personally, my kids come first and anything left over I can then work with Mrs R on hobby spends.

Re sizing. Almost everyone who bought a Harrington through Simons project had fit issues, not all jackets were consistent and a size down by one or two sizes ended up (for most) the solution.

I agree, it should be simple to decide, but it wasnt. That is why so many longer standing members on here are a little wary of "the size chart".

Not speaking for everyone here by the way, just my two pence worth, which is all I'll have left due to this Bond lark :))

Hi Mark

No …. I know you fully understand and speak to Luigi.

My main point was people add themselves to the list, but then when they realise (for whatever reason) the don’t want to; or cannot follow through with an order they should let the other members know.

The Best way (I thought) was (Post 303) simply remove your name off the list/republish and then the remaining members will have a better understanding of what is required to get the project over the line.

Not One person amended and republished …… why was that?
    It’s only the same process as to show your interest ……. But in reverse.

People didn’t seem to be bothered to update …… and help other members understand how many actual orders could be processed.
    That was my main point.

I ordered a Harrington and size down (one size 52 to 50) because from the chart and the fit I wanted …… I got exactly what I wanted …… and a perfect fit.
    I was unaware of inconsistences in the sizing i.e. one size 50 was bigger or smaller than another size 50; or the size people ordered didn’t match the chart etc. I can only say mine was spot on.
    I would be surprised if TF production would have an inconsistent sizing in its products.

I’m in on your Tie Project x 3 ……. and that seems to be coming to fruition very quickly …… as I said to you …… I wasn’t keeping an eye on that ……. As I thought nothing would happen on the project until David’s Polo had come to a conclusion.
    Luigi said your Tie project should have no problems get through to production J Congratulations and well done!!!
    P.S. There shouldn’t be sizing issues ;)
    Like David & Simon …… I hope the members appreciate the Time & Effort it requires to pull these projects off and bring them to reality.

I would recommend in the future; encourage members to join the list if they have an interest in an item/product , but then equally remove their names from the list if they have no further interest in this item/product.
    Then the list should more accurately reflect actual processable orders.

David
  • bondfan245200bondfan245200 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    it seems like we have more people who committed recently. Is there any way we can get an updated count ? I'm really hoping this project falls through. Been waiting for this polo for some time
    I signed up for one this weekend!

Cheers

-{
    Regarding the lack of interest - the deadline is end of February correct??

Maybe a lot of members are going to make a last minute decision.

I was holding off weighing things up myself and its not an easy decision to make ££

Maybe we will see some last min people sign up
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Regarding the lack of interest - the deadline is end of February correct??

Maybe a lot of members are going to make a last minute decision.

I was holding off weighing things up myself and its not an easy decision to make ££

Maybe we will see some last min people sign up

Mine will be going in on Tuesday but I'm still trying to figure out what I want to personalize it with :#

Welsh what size are you going for?
This discussion has been closed.