Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    I just submitted my order form to Luigi for 2 polos so all we need now is 18!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Sorry guys I'll submit mine tonight just in a quandary about the size :#
    Just can't make up my mind but I will.
    so 17 to go then
    007 reporting for duty
  • I'll be putting mine in today as well. If people are on the fence about sizing, one thing to consider is that polos and t-shirts are extremely easy to have tailored. Any half-way-descent tailor should be able to accommodate. And since a lot of people seem to be worried about the laundry effect, IF it shrinks, and at that point, if it's still a little big, tailor it. You can always go smaller, can't go bigger though.
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I sent my payment in yesterday. Hopefully we can get that magic number
    Form all done now , My spectre polo was a 50 and looked a bit loose .
    So gone for a 48 , happy now , can't wait for this to happen :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    I am on the fence with 1 or two Polo's as well and that is mainly due to sizing. I will be submitting an order for one in the same size as I ordered the QoS Harrington and depending on where we are all at, might try to help us get over the edge.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Hello guys
    To all of you who have made orders and are counting on the committed others to do the same, it’s my real displeasure to let you know that I won’t be ordering the polo.
    I’m fully aware of how my decision affects your chances of getting the polo, so I believe you deserve an explanation.
    I’m (probably) a lot younger than most of you, so when I made this commitment back in 2017, I was a much-less mature and much better financially supported person. Put simply, my living expenses and personal priorities have radically changed over the last 18 months.
    At this time, I cannot justify the cost, especially given the likelihood of much cheaper replicas.
    Please note, I don’t consider these reasons to be excuses and neither should you.

The January price-hike was also a major factor.

I’m sincerely sorry to each of you, particularly David Z who made this all happen. I've not made this decision lightly and will use this as a learning experience.
    -Liam

1.) Welshboy78
    2.) TroyIkeda
    3.) MrEddy21
    4.) DBS
    5.) Bondclothing (2)
    6.) Bondclothing (2)
    7.) rebenton
    8.) -_Quantum_-
    9.) MikeG77 (may get a 2nd depending on pricing)
    10.) MAGR007
    11.) Paperbill
    12.) MrE (2)
    13.) 007JBDCMWR
    14.) Commandant
    15.) GS
    16.) Jared_nomak
    17.) Jared_nomak will take 3rd if exchange rate better
    18.) Meesta Bawnd
    19.) wardlem
    20.) Glenn Gervot
    21.) Cederic0011
    22.) Tintin
    23.) Mantis
    24.) Osiris
    25.) junebai89
    26.) JTM
    27.) 006
    28) 006(2)
    29) asd007
    30) CommanderB
    31) VegasBond
    32)chriscollins007
    33)Rolextraveler_1905
    34) sruzgar
    35) Shayne
    36) Roi007
    37) Tango73 (2)
    38) Monster
    39) StiffassBrit
    40) Steve07
    41) Jdrannin
    42) ZChauvin
    43) bondfan245200
    44) cah
    45) OB007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Liam, it's perfectly understandable and absolutely no hard feelings. I have mentioned a few times on this thread that no one would be bullied or thought of any differently whichever direction they go. Life happens and you were one of the people that came to the forefront and stated that fact...good for you. To me it's the people that don't say anything at all that make me scratch my head. Some people just went dark. But saying that other priorities have sprung up and "I am out" is perfectly respectable. So, thank you.
  • Form sent in yesterday. If it helps anyone, I'm a size 50 in the Solden jacket and the Spectre Polo. So I went with a size 50. My best fitting t-shirts are 21 inches armpit to armpit, and that's what the size 50 is according to the size chart.

One mistake a lot of us made with the Harrington project is that we doubted the sizing chart, but when the jackets arrived, it turned out that the sizing chart with spot-on. Go by the measurements, don't go by the size.
    Gang, this just in from Luigi.....we are up to 28 units! Much closer. He mentioned that the Instagram posts helped significantly. If those of you that have some following can, please share the opportunity to see if we can wrangle some more. Thank you!

TF-project.jpg
  • OB007OB007 NorwayPosts: 20MI6 Agent
    Hi gang, i got a email from Luigi yesterday if i would comit to TF doing a charge on my card. Offcourse :))
    So hopefully we can still make this happend. :)
    I send in my information two days after i got it from Luigi. -{
    I've been expecting you, Mr. Bond...
    Guys out of 45 numbers I can't help feeling deflated I completely understand the financial implications and since 2017 lots can change.
    David has worked so hard to get this over the line , lets do our very best to drum up some more numbers.
    I for one will try but unfortunately can't stretch to 2.
    Remainders on the list please send your forms off asap if you can every 1 helps.
    007 reporting for duty
    Gang, this just in from Luigi.....we are up to 28 units! Much closer. He mentioned that the Instagram posts helped significantly. If those of you that have some following can, please share the opportunity to see if we can wrangle some more. Thank you!

TF-project.jpg

I'm surprised that Luigi was ok with the Instagram post but is he giving us more time to get the necessary units?
    Gents, after speaking to Tom Ford they are considering giving us an extension based on the renewed interest and activity around this project! We are looking at an April 1st finish line....April Fools, if you will....fitting? :))

This extra time is super helpful, so let's all give it a BIG push either by alerting our listed friends above OR by nudging social media a little bit. And as always thanks to everyone's patience and support.

Qo-S-TF-SHirt.jpg
    Gents, after speaking to Tom Ford they are considering giving us an extension based on the renewed interest and activity around this project! We are looking at an April 1st finish line....April Fools, if you will....fitting? :))

This extra time is super helpful, so let's all give it a BIG push either by alerting our listed friends above OR by nudging social media a little bit. And as always thanks to everyone's patience and support.

Qo-S-TF-SHirt.jpg

Call me surprised that Tom Ford is offering an extension but I'm not gonna complain! May have to go down one size as I've lost a few pounds so that's just more time to lose a few more :D

Just curious did you get your polo back as i was curious if the fabric is pique weave or more like Sunspel polo?
    I did not get back my polo....they need it to compare when they start production.

Here are some better pics to see the fabric:

tf-polo-1.jpg

tf-polo-2.jpg

tf-polo-3.jpg
    I did not get back my polo....they need it to compare when they start production.

Here are some better pics to see the fabric:

tf-polo-1.jpg

tf-polo-2.jpg

tf-polo-3.jpg

Is it a heavier fabric than the Sunspel or comparable?
  • Are we still at 28?
    edited March 2019
    MrE wrote:
    Are we still at 28?

I think we're probably in the low 30's now but we'll have to wait for TBE to post an update.
    edited March 2019
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and let you know that we're at 29 confirmed units for this project. We need to get at least 16 more units to make this a reality! Also for anyone who has decided to not participate in this project it would be greatly appreciated if you would please remove yourself and then repost the updated list within the thread!
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and let you know that we're at 29 confirmed units for this project. We need to get at least 16 more units to make this a reality! Also for anyone who has decided to not participate in this project it would be greatly appreciated if you would please remove yourself and then the post an updated list within the thread!

Ref. Post 303 (21st. January 2019 14:56).
    & Post 360.

I asked if members could do this nearly seven weeks ago.
    Luigi has Extended the Deadline ...... now is the time to send in your order before the New Deadline is reached and the Project comes nought ..... and TF will no doubt be less likely to commit Time, Effort and resources to set up any possible Future Projects

Going off the list ...... if everybody ordered the number of units would be 49 .... possibly 50.

Not including my personal order which is now 2 (originally 1)

That's a difference of 20 / 21 units.
  • I imagine a lot of people are feeling the stress of crunch time, but maybe we could also think of more productive means of increasing the numbers. Does anyone have the ability to post some HD screenshots from QoS of some of the Haiti scenes where the polo got screen time? Just a thought.
  • I think this project might be dead where it stands. I would be surprised if there have been any orders in since we hit 29. It's a shame too. I've always liked the Quantum polo. You would think after all this work TF would be willing to honor their original price. Some profit is better than no profit, at least in my opinion.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    I think this project might be dead where it stands. I would be surprised if there have been any orders in since we hit 29. It's a shame too. I've always liked the Quantum polo. You would think after all this work TF would be willing to honor their original price. Some profit is better than no profit, at least in my opinion.
    I don’t think we should fret, I’m sure Luigi would be more likely than not to extend the deadline for us. Although I’m sure the reason why we hit s snag was the tie project which was stated to not overlap with this one but so far has.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I don’t think we should fret, I’m sure Luigi would be more likely than not to extend the deadline for us. Although I’m sure the reason why we hit s snag was the tie project which was stated to not overlap with this one but so far has.

I don’t think that’s the case. The price increase per shirt would probably be where issues arose—€670 is a far bit of money and most people have a lot of other things going on in their life that makes dropping that amount for a shirt a tall order.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited March 2019
    JTM wrote:

I don’t think that’s the case. The price increase per shirt would probably be where issues arose—€670 is a far bit of money and most people have a lot of other things going on in their life that makes dropping that amount for a shirt a tall order.

And just to be clear, I had always asked for the tie project to start AFTER Davids Polo project was wrapped. But TF wanted to move with it quicker...

Agree with Jordan, all down to price, understandable as the rise is, will just simply price some out, priorities etc.... The slow take up was after the price rise and before we got to green light for the ties too. We could list lots of reasons, impending B25 items, brexit, exchange rates, price of petrol, etcetc...

Looking at the lists there is some overlap, but the names are probably in for both knowing many... There are a lot of members on one or the other
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    I didn’t go for the project at its original price for personal reasons (rough couple of years) but I might have joined at the last minute had the price not taken such an increase - and had the Skyfall ties project not overlapped with it. Under both circumstances, I simply cannot jump on board. And I’m very sorry that it may not take off - best of luck to you, gentlemen. I hope you can pull it off.

That being said, there’s also the fact that a couple ties are far easier to hide from the missus than a polo shirt... :))
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • bondfan245200bondfan245200 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Any update on numbers? The deadline is coming up
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:

And just to be clear, I had always asked for the tie project to start AFTER Davids Polo project was wrapped. But TF wanted to move with it quicker...

Agree with Jordan, all down to price, understandable as the rise is, will just simply price some out, priorities etc.... The slow take up was after the price rise and before we got to green light for the ties too. We could list lots of reasons, impending B25 items, brexit, exchange rates, price of petrol, etcetc...

Looking at the lists there is some overlap, but the names are probably in for both knowing many... There are a lot of members on one or the other

Prices aside, I participated in the tie project because those ties are truly unique and beautiful. If I want an SA polo I can order the Sunspel riviera for a fraction of the price and have it next week. And after all, the TF polo was basically a copy of the Sunspel. It’s baffling that TF can’t make a polo shirt for under €500, limited run or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    Respectfully, I disagree. The Sunspel is a nice polo but the cut is completely different on the TF polo. The Sunspel is a slim-tailored fit and long, and the TF is more of a slub, relaxed fit and short. The Sunspel is 100% cotton and is very meshy and see-through if you hold it up to the light, whereas the TF is a linen blend and the texture is different. Stating that they are basically the same shirt is like saying that the Navy Barracuda is basically the same jacket as the TF Harrington jacket. Also forgot a couple other details, the Sunspel has a sharp-edged pocket and the TF has a round pocket. Also the Sunspel has an even hem, whereas the TF polo has an uneven hem.

You can really see how relaxed the fit is in the body when Bond knocks on the door and when he's fighting Slate.
    Sorry the picture quality isn't better.

photo.jpg

tfb.jpg

music.jpg
This discussion has been closed.