2034 Doomsday thoughts/predictions?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
2034, if I'm not mistaken, is the year the rights expire, or something similar. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I have some thoughts on what EON might do before this, to "end their Bond series".

This is pure speculation obviously, but in terms of now until 2034, what do you think to this?

- DC's fifth and final bond film in 2020
- Then, sometime between 2022 and 2032, the 7th and final 007. Doing 5 bond films, bringing EON's total up to a nice round 30 bond films. The 30th bond film possibly released in 2032 for the 70th anniversary?
- All Fleming titles finally used (Risico, The Property Of A Lady, The Hildebrand Rarity, 007 In New York). The latter would have to be tweaked though, possibly into "Agent In New York".

This way, we would have:
7 007's
30 EON Bond films
All Fleming titles used
Last bond film celebrating 70th anniversary
And this bond dying idea, could actually happen in bond 30

What do you think?

Just some bonus thoughts:
AFTER 2034, could we see some unofficial bond films being made, finally giving NSNA some company? Christopher Nolan would love to make bond films as we know, but doesn't he have his own production company? So maybe Nolan will make his bond film(s) after the 2034 rights expire, enabling him to use his own production company instead of EON, and his own cast etc.

Obviously fun, pure, speculation, but would be good to see what people think...

I put this in the Bond 25 forum as it is about the future of Bond, if mods feel it needs moving elsewhere then I'd understand.
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    What EON ought to do is to make really good Bond movies in resonable intervals (3-4 years apart) and make sure they use the elements they have copyrights for such as the gunbarrel. That waty their Bond movies can remain as the real James Bond movies in the public's mind.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    2034, if I'm not mistaken, is the year the rights expire, or something similar. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I have some thoughts on what EON might do before this, to "end their Bond series".

This is pure speculation obviously, but in terms of now until 2034, what do you think to this?

- Then, sometime between 2022 and 2032, the 7th and final 007. Doing 5 bond films, bringing EON's total up to a nice round 30 bond films. The 30th bond film possibly released in 2032 for the 70th anniversary?
    - All Fleming titles finally used (Risico, The Property Of A Lady, The Hildebrand Rarity, 007 In New York). The latter would have to be tweaked though, possibly into "Agent In New York".

This way, we would have:
    7 007's
    30 EON Bond films
    All Fleming titles used

What do you think?

AFTER 2034, could we see some unofficial bond films being made, finally giving NSNA some company? Christopher Nolan would love to make bond films as we know, but doesn't he have his own production company? So maybe Nolan will make his bond film(s) after the 2034 rights expire, enabling him to use his own production company instead of EON, and his own cast etc.

I put this in the Bond 25 forum as it is about the future of Bond, if mods feel it needs moving elsewhere then I'd understand.

Some aspects of Bond will be out of copyright in some places 2035. I've read that in the US it will be 2048. EON has a long time until they need to worry.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

This way, we would have:
    7 007's
    30 EON Bond films
    All Fleming titles used

What do you think?

Some aspects of Bond will be out of copyright in some places 2035. I've read that in the US it will be 2048. EON has a long time until they need to worry.

Plus 30 films in total by 2048 might actually be more realistic at this point :))
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    If we're lucky we'll have Bond 26 by 2034.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

Look of course there's always the chance that I'm wrong but I doubt any of those titles—and I'm sorry Jarvio I know you really have a thing for it—including The Garden of Death, will be used for a modern Bond film.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    Wouldn't they just come up with some legalese Bullshite to renew the copyright, even if it should rightly be public domain?

This would be great, because it would force EON to try harder because there'd be competition. Like Sherlock, we could have 50's-period Bond alongside modern bond, plus bond fans could publish their own novels.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    If we're lucky we'll have Bond 26 by 2034.

Interestingly but sadly, by decade their were 6 films made in the 60s, 5 in the 70s, 5 in the 80s, 3 in the 90s, 3 in the 2000s, and a mere 2 films in the 10s.

But They would churn em out better and faster if their was threat of another bond taking EON off the map.