Quantum of Solace Bond Tom Ford Polo: Update in Post 440

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    Just watched the video. One question I have: Is the size 48 that you are wearing in the video your own screen worn one that you sent in to TF for reference, or is that a size 48 prototype straight from the project? Thanks.

I assume it's the screen used one but if it's a new one then I think I may need to size down 8-)
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    GREAT question....it's the one I sent TF for reference. They sent it back so people could get an essence of the fit/style. Overall they did tell me to tell people to always go back to the size chart they supplied. BTW, I think we only have 8 more to go!
    GREAT question....it's the one I sent TF for reference. They sent it back so people could get an essence of the fit/style. Overall they did tell me to tell people to always go back to the size chart they supplied. BTW, I think we only have 8 more to go!

I've used a combination of measuring a polo that fits me well and the sizing chart. I was also able to purchase a Tom Ford polo off of eBay for an obscene price to use as a point of reference. I'm 99% sure i'll be sticking with my original size but I'm wondering how your screen used shirt measurements compare to the size chart?
  • Huge favor to ask you Mr Zaritsky, if you could measure the armpit to armpit of your screen used shirt, it would be much appreciated, I would like to know which size it comes closest to on the sizing chart. I like the way it fits you in the video, slightly relaxed.
    Only 8 to go! Home stretch!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Will measure it this evening for sure! -{

MrE wrote:
    Huge favor to ask you Mr Zaritsky, if you could measure the armpit to armpit of your screen used shirt, it would be much appreciated, I would like to know which size it comes closest to on the sizing chart. I like the way it fits you in the video, slightly relaxed.
    Only 8 to go! Home stretch!
  • cahcah Terrigal, AustraliaPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    Gents, following Luigi’s latest advice that we have 9 to go, I have added an extra unit to try and get this project over the line. He needs final commitments by 25/4.
    670EU for EU destinations and 549.18 EU for non EU destinations. i know it sounds expensive, however I place a greater influence on value than cost. Having accumulated many TF pieces over the years, few other designers, in my opinion, cut their garments in such a stylish and masculine fashion as TF. The quality not only of fabric but attention to detail in the manufacture and finish make all their items eternal and a great investment that will be used and enjoyed for many years. This is likely our last chance to secure a SA TF Polo.
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone, does anyone know if we made the required numbers for the polo?
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

I'm thinking we didn't hit the required number :#
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

It’s a real shame if we didn’t. Hope TF may consider a Brexit like extension for a few months.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Just dont send Theresa May over to Milan to negotiate with Luigi :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    MikeG77 wrote:

It’s a real shame if we didn’t. Hope TF may consider a Brexit like extension for a few months.

A real shame.....that's an understatement! I highly doubt Luigi/Tom Ford will give us another extension seeing as we were given till April 25th when we missed the February deadline.
    edited April 2019
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Just dont send Theresa May over to Milan to negotiate with Luigi :D

We'll never get our shirts :))
    Im not sure that another extension would change anything, the deal is the deal, we all know the costings and product and simply not enough have committed to make it viable for TF, it is indeed a real shame.
  • I disagree about it not being worth it for them. Think of all the time and effort that TF has already taken on this project, sourcing the original material, going back to the drawingboard time and time again to make sure the blue prints are right, then increasing the cost of the polo to $600. And we are what? 5-8 short or 45? Financially they would still be making a good sum of profit. If they don't go through with the project, they are losing time and money. I don't expect my logic to convince them, but my logic is sound. It's certainly profitable for them, but maybe just not as profitable as they were hoping for. $600 X 32 is profitable. And no one is going to convince me it's not. I know a lot goes into it, but come on. I think the total cost in material for one spectre polo was $9 dollars. We're kidding ourselves if you don't think these items have insane markups compared to the price of producing them.
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    I disagree about it not being worth it for them. Think of all the time and effort that TF has already taken on this project, sourcing the original material, going back to the drawingboard time and time again to make sure the blue prints are right, then increasing the cost of the polo to $600. And we are what? 5-8 short or 45? Financially they would still be making a good sum of profit. If they don't go through with the project, they are losing time and money. I don't expect my logic to convince them, but my logic is sound. It's certainly profitable for them, but maybe just not as profitable as they were hoping for. $600 X 32 is profitable. And no one is going to convince me it's not. I know a lot goes into it, but come on. I think the total cost in material for one spectre polo was $9 dollars. We're kidding ourselves if you don't think these items have insane markups compared to the price of producing them.

Be careful, you aren’t supposed to say how overpriced the items are!!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Luigi is on hols at mo

And agree with MrE, surely TF Milan could move the few extras. Especially given the soon to be general public increased hype

Have suggested that possibility to Luigi
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Hello guys
    I've done a lot of budgeting and rethinking. I will order the polo after all. Really hoping it isn't too late.
    I need your guys opinion on sizing. I am about 6'2" with shoulders measuring at about 51cm wide. When shopping online I typically go by shoulder width and have alterations done wherever necessary, usually shirt length/ waist / chest.

I want a look as close to the movie as possible, relatively relaxed fit, not slim. I'm planning to go with the 62, largest size, but only for the shoulder width (49.5 cm), and will probably get everything else tailored.
    Is there any reason I should size down? Will the shirt fabric give? should I be more concerned about the fabric shrinking? I'd rather not be dry cleaning it every time.

Would love as many opinions as possible before I send the order form tomorrow.
    Well done Bond Ambitions. I concur with your rationale and agree 62 would be the wise move given you can always have it taken in if need be. I hope Luigi gets your response before TF make a final determination.
    Thank you Cah. Deposit email sent.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Good man buddy , you could be the deciding factor
    007 reporting for duty
    Just received this email from Luigi:
    "Buongiorno Liam
    Thanks for sending over the form for your polo.
    Hope this project will have a light as from a while we’re stuck at 36 units and with yours we’re at 37.
    Anyway I’ll keep you updated together with the other members.
    Regards"
    What was the cost of this shirt in USD?
    ZChauvin wrote:

Based on current Euro to dollar it would be $614.6 plus $33.58 for shipping/handling!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Based on current Euro to dollar it would be $614.6 plus $33.58 for shipping/handling!

Ok man, thank you!
  • It's a harsh reality but even if we get another month extension, it's unlikely we'll hit 45, I could be wrong though, does anyone know how many people jumped on board in April? I want to say 3-5 but I'm not sure.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I believe we still need 8 units
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Speaking to Luigi yesterday for update on ties and we are Def at 37, 8 more needed :#
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Kinda bummed that this hasn't picked up the pace, I would rather have this polo than any item from Bond 25. The Tom Ford grey Bond 25 jeans are basically sold out company wide and they are roughly the same price as the polo, which leads me to believe that if TF had simply brought the polo to it's Spring / Summer 2019 line up, they would have sold a lot more than 45. I'm no marketing expert though.

And for what it's worth as far as the price of this polo goes, I have seen a difference in quality between their "made in Portugal" polos and their "made in Italy" polos. This is not a 100% cotton item, I believe David Z. said that it is a linen blend, and probably wasn't easy to source the original fabric. Comparing a sunspel polo to this polo (in my opinion) would be like comparing a TF harrington to a Barracuda harrington. Both great items, but with noticeable differences. You would have to see one in person to really see it. Anyway, this is simply an attempt to spark some conversation and possibly get a few more orders in. -{
  • EndaEnda Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi, just new to the forum. Signed up today specifically to throw my name in the hat for the polo! Do I need to place a deposit?
This discussion has been closed.