Brown, Orlebar Brown

Comments

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Welp, these are getting returned.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The OB "jacket" is lightweight and constructed like a shirt, but it can be used as either a shirt or a jacket. It's almost entirely based on the green shirt that Moore wears in TMWTGG, but it is a slightly heavier fabric like the shirt in Moonraker.
    Thanks, Matt. I thought it looks more like the cream jacket, but I haven't seen any of them in person.

(By the way, I love your blog, the photos I posted are from there -{ )
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    The OB "jacket" is lightweight and constructed like a shirt, but it can be used as either a shirt or a jacket. It's almost entirely based on the green shirt that Moore wears in TMWTGG, but it is a slightly heavier fabric like the shirt in Moonraker.
    Thanks, Matt. I thought it looks more like the cream jacket, but I haven't seen any of them in person.

(By the way, I love your blog, the photos I posted are from there -{ )

Thank you!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    I had to laugh. I told myself that this collection was just too expensive and I wasn’t going to buy anything.......yet I found myself on the phone earlier to my local OB store asking them to put aside one of the Dr No towelling polo shirts for me to try on tomorrow :))
    Yes. Considerably!
  • ewdennisewdennis Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Im trying to decide between the M and L polo. I'm about a 39/40 chest, 31 waist.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get to a store anytime soon so if there are any members who have tried on both sizes I would really appreciate your thoughts on sizing. Thanks!! -{

I'm a 41 chest, size 32 waist. Medium was skin tight for me, whereas Large had that perfect fit (it wears on me like it wears on Connery in the film). Medium would probably be a little better fitting for you than it was for me.

Just how skin tight was the Medium?

I'm roughly the same sizes and I stupidly ordered a small thinking that it would be close fitting, without first reading this thread or seeing Davids instagram post. The measurements on the site looked fine, but having only ever owned swim shorts from OB it seems that I was wrong, and it does size small/true to size; I guess I should have known better. 8-)

Hopefully it either fits, a medium comes back into stock, I get a large, or they remain in stock on the 007 store for long enough. I guess I'll find out on Monday now...
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Grabbing the robe and the OHMSS linen shirt while here. 20% off, why not. Shoot me, please.
    20190518-122623.jpg

20190518-131624.jpg

20190518-131632.jpg

Lol. Im looking forward to the Robe :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    Grabbing the robe and the OHMSS linen shirt while here. 20% off, why not. Shoot me, please.
    20190518-122623.jpg

20190518-131624.jpg

20190518-131632.jpg

Great looking store! A shame they don't do online sales.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Call em up, they can help you no problem. Indeed, the manager told me they've done quite a few phone orders this week and today.

Thanks for the suggestion! I just picked up the Thunderball merino polo. Nick was awesome.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    OB just did a restock in most of the sold-out items
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 476MI6 Agent
    Not in the Onesie though
    Guess that was US site? UK still appears same
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Guess that was US site? UK still appears same

Correct ! the US. And I said : “most” items. Not all.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    _Stocks wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Diff colour (Sky). Though imagine tiny diff in shade

Ohh ok, thanks Welsh! Considering picking these up in case it’s just a small colour shift and then they re-brand them for £245 and with a 007 tag on the side!

That my friend is inevitable :))

Found one answer within the pages of the small booklet dispatched with the Bond Collection. June 9th for the return of Skyfall Setters in Sky as well as the Goldfinger in Mid Blue. Now my question is do I pick up and make do with the Setters in Riviera with a small discount or wait to pick up the Skyfall one without discount and an extra £100 (at least) onatopp?!

83-E1-B772-1451-42-F3-9805-68567-BF8-FB35.jpg

9-E730-D31-7-C29-460-F-9394-2-C24-CD1307-CF.jpg

EB3-C9049-C696-4-D3-D-8809-AE8-E2-ED6-AB4-A.jpg
    Murder | Employment.
    edited May 2019
    The OB US site said they are expecting a restock of the Goldfinger onesie in July. Them and Mr Porter have already done a MASSIVE restock of the other items including the DAF shirt. We are also expecting the Skyfall setter in June the 9th.

IMO, This means they will mostly likely continue to produce This particular Bond collection for at least a whole season. Why would they stop now if they are selling out so quickly ? OB is now owned by Chanel. They are also selling them at 007.com. Maximizing on profit would certainly be one of the top priorities for everyone involved.

Again this is just my opinion and hope. I could be very wrong. But I really do hope this happens so it gives everyone a chance, me included, to grab them little by little. :007) :007)

I got 2 shirts and the quality is amazing . OB certainly does not disappoint.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Here's the original that I covered in a piece that I did for The Bond Experience on the Propstore auction, aeons ago:

Safari-i.jpg

safari-ii.jpg
    ggl007 wrote:
    Question. Bond wore a cream safari jacket:

Leisure-Safari-Jacket-2-640x476.jpg

and a green safari shirt:

TMWTGGSafari2.png

Orlebar now launches a green... jacket. Is it a mix of both? Is it part of the "inspired by"?

ORLEBAR_BROWN_ANDERS_GOLDEN_GUN_SAGE_270068_FRONT.jpg?sw=1500&sh=1500&sm=fit
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Any one still looking for DAF Shirts I will have either M or L spare, if no one here the will go on ebay
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    My Thunderball merino arrived today , as many on here i was reluctant at first as it just seemed a typical 007 money spinner.
    Having wore orlebar brown since david announced it as a craig brand I must have 10 tshirs , several polos and shirts and couple of shorts.
    In my opinion just luxurious comfortable clothing, makes me feel great and perfect choice for summer weather.
    Having now purchased I was not disappointed, the quality and feel is beautiful , fits perfectly and cracking iconic piece.
    Understand the opinions on price point but looking at the sales its not been effected much. :))
    Value for money raises questions i guess, personally its all about choice.
    Lets face it i love bond clothing and this is just my 2 pennies worth.
    007 reporting for duty
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Agreed, the polo is amazing.

20190518-153345.jpg
    edited May 2019
    Agreed, the polo is amazing.

20190518-153345.jpg

Cool to see it in the sun, looks great!

424 pieces of the collection left in the UK webstore lol. 140 odd of that is the Dr No Polo and 120 Pink TB shorts - guess they were anticipating huge sales of those :)

Many items under 10 units per size, looks like more items will sell out soon like the DAF and Safari shirt

The numbers have been plummeting down - huge success I reckon and only several days after launch!!!!
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    I went for the Thunderball Camp Collar shirt and the DAF toweling shirt so far.

After seeing some of the pictures on here, I am heavily considering the merino long sleeve polo. It looks great! Having some difficult justifying the price though since at the price point, options open up for “higher end” brands than Orlebar Brown. Also at almost $500, they shouldn’t be using imitation mother of pearl!
    Does anyone have the actual measurements for the Thunderball merino polo in size large? I’m torn on sizing.
    Cheverian wrote:
    Does anyone have the actual measurements for the Thunderball merino polo in size large? I’m torn on sizing.

Mr Porter lists actual measurements per garment so might be worth talking a look until someone posts. Usually fairly accurate unlike generic retailer charts etc
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Mr Porter lists actual measurements per garment so might be worth talking a look until someone posts. Usually fairly accurate unlike generic retailer charts etc

I would also recommend that you compare the measurements on MrPorters website to there Apple/Android app as I've seen some differences.
    I know where you keep your gun!
    edited May 2019
    Trying to imagine what would Daniel Craig’s James Bond wear from this collection ?

In my opinion, he can easily pull off :

1- The Thunderball Polo.
    2- The Thunderball Cardinal Shirt.
    3- The DAF shirt.
    4- The Thunderball swim shorts.
    5- Dr No Towelling Polo.
    6- Dr No Robe.

I don’t see him wearing a linen tux shirt to the beach. Certainly not a onesie :D not so sure about the green safari jacket.

I respect the fact that some fans might still buy everything since they are considered collectibles. But to me, I started getting only the items I see myself wearing.

I would love to hear everyone’s votes on what would the current Bond wear :)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Going off topic here, but it's another limited edition collaboration with a tropical feel:

Seavees has come out with the Magnum PI collection, shoes based on the patterns of Magnum's Hawaiian shirts.

Magnum-Seavees-Huckleberry-1.jpg
    Magnum-Seavees-Huckleberry-2.jpg

https://huckberry.com/store/shop/seavees-behind-the-brand

Orlebar Brown isn't the only company do do whimsy, and Seavees is much more affordable.

Maybe Higgins will get one to wear instead of his green trainers? :v

As for the Orlebar Brown 007 collection, I really like the TB merino polo and the AVTAK jacket, but honestly I'd rather spend the $1k it would cost for those two items on my actual vacation.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Have to say, the linen tuxedo shirt looks better than I thought it would. Great photos!
    Are we going to have a grand finale? :))
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    David, how big is your closet? Is it merely a walk in or is there room for a monorail? :p