No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    Not a fan of that jacket. Like the Jamaica outfit, it isn’t something I would wear.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Gonna pass on that
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I liked it, but the size I tried on was too small for me and there wasn't a larger one to try. I'd probably prefer it in a blouson style rather than a shirt hem.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    How certain are we that it is that jacket? And how was the sizing?
    Asking for a friend... ;%
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent

If I remember correctly the gentleman from Billy Reid that DZ was interviewing said this jacket was provided to the wardrobe department and that it runs a little small.
    I know where you keep your gun!
    MikeG77 wrote:

If I remember correctly the gentleman from Billy Reid that DZ was interviewing said this jacket was provided to the wardrobe department and that it runs a little small.

I can confirm it runs small. If you look at the image of me that Ray posted, I'm wearing a small and I usually wear smalls in most brands. I would need to size up. Billy Reid sent size the production large and extra-large, and Daniel Craig is about a size 40 suit (he wears size 38 suits that are clearly a size too small).
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Matt, did the Billy Reid jacket run warm? It's a coated nylon on one side, right? It may run hot even though it looks light weight.
    Matt, did the Billy Reid jacket run warm? It's a coated nylon on one side, right? It may run hot even though it looks light weight.

It's very light, and I didn't find it to be hot, but I only wore it indoors. It's meant for warm weather, but I think the waxed nylon is more for the look rather than performance.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Anyone else feel sometimes these outfits feel a bit too costumey if you were to wear it all together?

I feel the opposite. So far, the clothes we have seen for Bond 25 are so ordinary that you can wear them and nobody will know you're copying Bond.
    I agree, though I take the point that some previous outfits can, I struggled to do whole Morocco suede jacket outfit, I changed the polo, sunglasses and watch just to feel less cos play about it.

Agreed. I really like the Jamaica outfit - very wearable and reproducible with alternatives. It’s all down to personal taste really. I could never imagine wearing the Hoffler clinic arrival or Altausee outfits as I felt both were too costumey for real world.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Gymkata wrote:
    My main thing on Bond: as a spy, he should absolutely be wearing clothing that would enable him to blend in with the surroundings. The last thing that he'd be in real life would be some sort of fashion icon that would draw attention. So yeah, the winter outfits in SPECTRE (the Dior coat and the Ford sweater jacket) would definitely not be practical and do indeed feel 'costumey'.

The Dior jacket and the Tom Ford puffer bomber jacket only sound ridiculous because we know what they are. I used to have a wool/nylon jacket that was very similar to the Dior jacket, and it was warm and not that expensive. The puffer bomber jacket is more of an undergarment, and Bond should have worn something on top of it. But otherwise it's not something that should draw attention.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Gymkata wrote:
    My main thing on Bond: as a spy, he should absolutely be wearing clothing that would enable him to blend in with the surroundings. The last thing that he'd be in real life would be some sort of fashion icon that would draw attention. So yeah, the winter outfits in SPECTRE (the Dior coat and the Ford sweater jacket) would definitely not be practical and do indeed feel 'costumey'.

The Dior jacket and the Tom Ford puffer bomber jacket only sound ridiculous because we know what they are. I used to have a wool/nylon jacket that was very similar to the Dior jacket, and it was warm and not that expensive. The puffer bomber jacket is more of an undergarment, and Bond should have worn something on top of it. But otherwise it's not something that should draw attention.

I agree. Just look at the amount of budget alternatives to the TF Solden that popped up in the years surrounding SP—it was quite a popular style that you didn't have to fork out TF money for.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Looks like Ben Collins is back ?

I was going to say that! Certainly looks like him to me.
    I thought you chaps would be more interested that Bond (if it is Bond driving the car of course!) appears to have another new pair of sunnies :)
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    I thought you chaps would be more interested that Bond (if it is Bond driving the car of course!) appears to have another new pair of sunnies :)

Information overload this week! :D B-)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    These OB shorts are awfully suspect. Apologies if previously posted.

https://www.orlebarbrown.com/au/men/sweats/wilkie/268521.html?dwvar_268521_color=57

ORLEBAR_BROWN_WILKIE_NAVY_268521_FRONT.jpg?sw=1500&sh=1500&sm=fit
  • CDPCDP Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I liked it, but the size I tried on was too small for me and there wasn't a larger one to try. I'd probably prefer it in a blouson style rather than a shirt hem.

I like it too, certainly nylon side out. Not so sure about the striped side but it's a good lining. Just got the medium (thank you CRT007 for the Amazon tip off) which is my usual BR size with a 39" chest and it fitted well.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    My Billy Reid Reversible Jacket just arrived as well. I usually take a L but sized up to XL. I think that was the right move as there is no stretch in the garment. The fit is boxier in the body than I expected, not bad, but not tailored slim either. It looks best in my opinion with the sleeves rolled, showing the striped side at the cuffs.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    My Billy Reid Reversible Jacket just arrived as well. I usually take a L but sized up to XL. I think that was the right move as there is no stretch in the garment. The fit is boxier in the body than I expected, not bad, but not tailored slim either. It looks best in my opinion with the sleeves rolled, showing the striped side at the cuffs.

Cool - any piccies? -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Cool - any piccies? -{

Here you go. I obviously went with something that was more outer layer than shirt fitting. That's just based on what I got out of David's vlog at Billy Reid. This is an XL and I have a 42-43 inch chest, fairly broad shoulders. 33-34 inch waist. The rep for Billy Reid said that they had shipped Ls and XLs to Eon. Since I'm one size larger than Craig that suggested this was the size for me. But who knows? The jacket might not be in the movie at all. Or it might be more fitted looking. Certainly the fact that Eon bought the two sizes suggests one size for actions scenes and the other for hero shots.

IMG-3760.jpg
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    A few photos of my Billy Reid Reversible Shirt Jacket. I went with a my normal size, Large. I am wearing it over two layers in the photo. I typically take a large in most brands including a large for the some of the new OB items.

I love the Billy Reid jacket. Its very lightweight with small but cool details.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-8-37-23-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-8-37-47-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-8-38-48-AM.png
    crt007 wrote:
    A few photos of my Billy Reid Reversible Shirt Jacket.  I went with a my normal size, Large. I am wearing it over two layers in the photo.  I typically take a large in most brands including a large for the some of the new OB items.

Hmm. Your photos make me want to try a Large for comparison.

Would you mind measuring the jacket? I'd be curious to see the shoulder and chest measurements particularly.
    Cheverian wrote:
    crt007 wrote:
    A few photos of my Billy Reid Reversible Shirt Jacket.  I went with a my normal size, Large. I am wearing it over two layers in the photo.  I typically take a large in most brands including a large for the some of the new OB items.

Hmm. Your photos make me want to try a Large for comparison.

Would you mind measuring the jacket? I'd be curious to see the shoulder and chest measurements particularly.

Sure. Size large specs.
    Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-10-01-24-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-10-01-48-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-10-02-05-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-10-02-17-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-06-10-at-9-59-40-AM.png
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Are there photos of Craig wearing the Billie Read Reversible Shirt Jacket? I can't seem to find them in this thread.
    I was going to ask the same: I'm not familiar with this outfit..? It's very nice though: looks good on you.
    emtiem wrote:
    I was going to ask the same: I'm not familiar with this outfit..? It's very nice though: looks good on you.

Thanks. No photos that I am aware of. We are operating on pure speculation at this point based upon The Bond Experience scoop that Billy Reid sent over this coat among other items to Bond 25 production. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTSul8I8cw

My personal thoughts are it is a uniquely stylish and versatile item. It could work well in Bond or Q's wardrobe.
    Yeah im holding off for time being but kind of 50% convinced :D
  • johnwr1johnwr1 Fallston, MDPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    So I had my TB shirt cut and hemmed at the bottom and side notches added. It will definitely take some getting used to how short it is. Maybe I have a long torso but it seems short.
    It looks fairly SA though as I did a side by side photo comparison.

Ignore my daughters mirror stickers. The only full length mirror we have.
    99-FFF96-A-8-BAF-40-F6-B56-A-15-A2-DBE4-B64-A.png

E9-D2391-C-5-D78-42-E3-A9-E2-C6-D00-BD91-B46.png
    We have no definite confirmation that Craig will be wearing the Billy Reid Reversible Shirt Jacket in the movie — although some of the filming pics suggest he will be and it certainly sounds like Zane Olive at the New York store thinks it's going to happen.

For those who have been mulling over a purchase, I have some news. Hannah at Billy Reid says the tan/khaki will be restocked in all sizes but not until next spring.

Certain sizes are still available at Amazon, but not all of them.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Not sure if these are the correct ones, as I haven't grabbed a pair myself, but Mr Porter has its sale on today, and Tom Ford's white selvedge jeans are 40% off

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/tom_ford/slim-fit-selvedge-denim-jeans/1110946?ppv=2
    Not sure if these are the correct ones, as I haven't grabbed a pair myself, but Mr Porter has its sale on today, and Tom Ford's white selvedge jeans are 40% off

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/tom_ford/slim-fit-selvedge-denim-jeans/1110946?ppv=2

Pale grey 2018 season are the correct ones