Bond 25 Vehicles - thoughts, rumours and reports

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    Apparently, there is a deal with Aston in place for 25 so Bond will drive some model of Aston Martin. I would love to see Bond jump into some basic everyman car and use his wits and driving skills.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    BDFCEFF2-BA0-A-428-D-8966-12-FA27499-EF4.jpg

:# Just sayin’
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The exciting mid-chase sequence as Both Bond and Villain, pause
    for a couple of hours to recharge their batteries. :))

Seriously These electric cars are the future, so get used to it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Q: "Just know 007 that it's range is only 100 kilometers."

Bond: "That will allow to stop off for a quick one en route."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Bond: “Shocking. Positively shocking.”

Q: “Only if you try and plug them in when you’re pi$$ed, 007.”
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Q, " take this cable with you, charging points are few and far between "
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Apparently, there is a deal with Aston in place for 25 so Bond will drive some model of Aston Martin. I would love to see Bond jump into some basic everyman car and use his wits and driving skills.

I imagine it’ll be a new model which’ll be revealed in the film, potentially at the press conference again. They’ve shown a lot of new models recently; I could have sworn there was a sketch or something of another which leaked in the last few weeks, but I’ve forgotten.
    I guess he might get the DBX but it doesn’t seem quite his sort of ride.
    Ah; no- it wasn’t a leak: it was an official sketch of the new Zagato which I thought did actually look like a good looking Aston for a change. Hopefully it is as much of an improvement on the DBS as it looks. It’s very Bond.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1118864_aston-martin-previews-dbs-gt-zagato-will-sell-it-with-db4-gt-zagato-continuation-car

I wish they’d go back to making elegant rather than muscly cars though.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    How about Aston's new OHMSS limited edition DBS Superleggera for B25?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFm6XH1u49Q
    If the film's plot actually has the OHMSS similarities that are rumoured, it would be a nice little connection/throwback etc.
    JTM wrote:
    How about Aston's new OHMSS limited edition DBS Superleggera for B25?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFm6XH1u49Q
    If the film's plot actually has the OHMSS similarities that are rumoured, it would be a nice little connection/throwback etc.

Oh that's fun that they've done that. The wheels are horrid though! :)
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    Electric Aston Martin ?. Bond meets the Green New Deal. Maybe AOC will have a cameo in Bond 25.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Some big news from the spoiler thread (thanks N24!!) looks like the B25 Aston (or at least one of them) will be a
    V8 Vantage Series 3!
    :o

https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/forste-bilder-av-hemmelig-bond-bil/71151582
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I would welcome an electric car chase. Electric cars are the future, and Bond needs to be ahead of the game. And I think it could add a touch of needed humour to the Bond films.

The DAD Vanquish could never have been properly invisible with a loud motor and exhaust. With an electric car it's more believable.

There was an Electric Milk Float in the Living Daylights with exploding milk bottles.

There has been a rumour that the Aston Martin V8 (driven by TD) B549 WUU was on set but in that film
    after the ice lake chase it was blown up by Bond! So how do you explain it's reappearance?
    Unless it's a sister car with a different number plate. (a bit like BMT214A was a variation on the DB5.)

Bleuville. Let Bond pinch a car and do without an Aston for a change.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Bleuville wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    I would welcome an electric car chase. Electric cars are the future, and Bond needs to be ahead of the game. And I think it could add a touch of needed humour to the Bond films.

The DAD Vanquish could never have been properly invisible with a loud motor and exhaust. With an electric car it's more believable.

There was an Electric Milk Float in the Living Daylights with exploding milk bottles.

There has been a rumour that the Aston Martin V8 (driven by TD) B549 WUU was on set but in that film
    after the ice lake chase it was blown up by Bond! So how do you explain it's reappearance?
    Unless it's a sister car with a different number plate. (a bit like BMT214A was a variation on the DB5.)

Bleuville. Let Bond pinch a car and do without an Aston for a change.

If you're talking about how the V8 can appear in Bond 25 after blowing up in TLD, the Craig Bond films live in a different continuity than the previous films. It's fan service and makes little sense in the context of the stories. In CR they brought back the DB5 in a way that made sense, but Mendes started messing with things in SF when he turned the DB5 into the Goldfinger DB5. I hope there's some context given to the V8's appearance.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Bleuville wrote:
    Let Bond pinch a car and do without an Aston for a change.

Like the Jag he pinched in SF?

Or the Ford Mondeo in CR?

Or the Volvo in QOS?

Or the Range Rover in QOS?

Or the Ford Edge in QOS?

Or the Mercedes in Skyfall?
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Or the Volvo in QOS?

I believe they were provided to him by MI6 or mere rentals.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)

Or the Volvo in QOS?

Yes, they were. Where did I say otherwise? I'm just listing the times he "did without an Aston for a change"...
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

Or the Volvo in QOS?

Yes, they were. Where did I say otherwise? I'm just listing the times he "did without an Aston for a change"...

Just thought so bc post 74 and the following were about letting Bond „pinch a car“.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Wasn't the V8 Vantage owned by the head of Aston Martin at that time and was lent to film?
    Probably mis-remembering and it's probably changed hands since '87 but still, super cool to see it again.

The 80s DB5 IMO
    a reasonable rate of return
    Wasn't the V8 Vantage owned by the head of Aston Martin at that time and was lent to film?

The Volante was (the convertible Tim drives earlier in the film), the ‘Vantage’s he drives later in Bratislava were three or four second hand cars that Eon had bought and converted to match the Volante.
    I believe Eon still owned one of these Daylights cars, but whether it’s being used for B25 I don’t know. This car is missing the sunroof which the Daylights cars had.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    The Daily Mail are reporting that Bond 25 will see 007 use the DB5, the V8 Vantage and the new £1.5M Aston Martin Valhalla! (To be confirmed this week...)

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-7153327/Aston-Martin-names-new-1-5m-hypercar-Valhalla-used-Bond.html
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    The Daily Mail are reporting that Bond 25 will see 007 use the DB5, the V8 Vantage and the new £1.5M Aston Martin Valhalla! (To be confirmed this week...)

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-7153327/Aston-Martin-names-new-1-5m-hypercar-Valhalla-used-Bond.html

I love the Vantage returning. I like the Valhalla as it reminds of Bond in the Esprit but the thought of Bond driving three different Astons in one film is a turn off for me I'm afraid.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    Shocking news - The Sun has a largely positive piece on Bond25! :o

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9326466/daniel-craig-bond-film-007-foot-heals-aston-martin/

The Sun also has a photo they say is of the AM Valhalla on the B25 set :007)
    Number24 wrote:
    Shocking news - The Sun has a largely positive piece on Bond25! :o

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9326466/daniel-craig-bond-film-007-foot-heals-aston-martin/

The Sun also has a photo they say is of the AM Valhalla on the B25 set :007)

Even a broken clock is right two times a day. :))
    They did take the opportunity to throw in some of the usual negative hyperbole:
    "The film was massively delayed after leading man Craig seriously injured his ankle while filming in Jamaica".

I'm sure Craig's injury set the production time schedule back a bit but I would imagine they take those sort of things into consideration in planning.
    They also appear to have continued to shoot around Craig in the meantime, mitigating the time loss a bit.
    It is nice to see Craig up and about and apparently very pleased with 007's newest toy...er piece of field equipment. -{
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Too bad they won't have him drive the DB10 again. They could do a joke like Moore did about getting the Lotus back together.
    "Better late than never."
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    Not 3 but reportedly 4 now
    AM twitter stating the DBS superleggera is in...

https://twitter.com/astonmartin/status/1180549782382755840?s=09
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    edited October 2019
    I would also doubt that the production is weeks behind schedule. While Craig was unavailable they shot around him and then reshuffled scenes he would be in based upon what he was able to do physically. I would imagine at this point he has been cleared for just about anything the insurance agreement will allow him to do and the more physically demanding stuff like fight scenes (I hope there's a classic one in NTTD :), water work in the tank and any other action that is to be done at the sound stages and backlot at Pinewood.
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

Just wondered what type of 4x4 is Bond driving with Madeline and Mathilde in the Norway chase with the Land Rovers?

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent

This is quite interesting me, how come James Bond is driving a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado J90 when all around him are Range Rovers, Land Rovers etc. Was this one of Daniel Craigs requests for his final Bond Film?