Remaining Fleming title chances?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
There are 4 remaining Fleming titles yet to be used as a bond film; The Property Of A Lady, Risico, The Hildebrand Rarity, and 007 In New York.

What are the chances that BOND 25 will be named one of these? And how could each of these titles relate to what we currently know about Bond 25?

Here's my take:

The Property Of A Lady - Well this title could apply to bond films quite easily, as they all involve women. We know that Madeline is to play a key role, so maybe the title could relate to her? Or maybe the late M? This title also kind of fits with the #metoo era stuff people are talking about.

Risico - Easy. The villain's name. We still don't know Rami Malek's villain's name yet. He could be named Risico, thus the film sharing that same title.

The Hildebrand Rarity - Someone on here once suggested a scientist named Professor Hildebrand. Could the kidnapped scientist have the surname Hildebrand? Waldo Hildebrand? (As we know there's a character in B25 named Waldo). This is the only way I can see this title fitting for bond 25 (or what we know about bond 25). I know that SP used the safehouse named Hildebrand, but that doesn't mean that it can't be connected to Professor Hildebrand. Maybe Waldo Hildebrand has a safehouse business on the side? Anything is possible I guess.

007 In New York - First of all, if they were to ever use this title, I'd want them to change it to "Agent In New York". "007" being in a bond title doesn't feel right to me. Anyway, regarding bond 25, there is no evidence that 007 is going to New York. So I think this one's definitely a no.

Overall, honestly I have no idea how likely any of these titles would be for Bond 25, it's just complete guessing and speculation, but it would be interesting to hear other people's thoughts on this.
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Good points.

Ive personally wanted Risico for the last 2 film titles and its not happened. I would love it to happen this time around and think it would be great to return to an original Fleming title. I do believe the reason we dont have Malek's character name is because its linked to or is the title and spot and they will most likely want to keep that a secret for as long as possible.

Property Of A Lady sounds great and again B25 has plenty of reasons as to why it could be called that. I like the idea of this title to link in more with Dench's M rather than a Bond girl, that would be a nice touch and ties in nicely with the portrait of Dench's M that we see in the Royal visit yesterday. Great idea! I think we'll get the title when we get the first teaser post and not before, annoyingly :))

Time will tell, my preference is Risico, sounds great and very much like a Bond film -{
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    edited June 2019
    I don't think Risico has to be the villan's name, it can be used as in the book. Perhaps this is because the word is "risk" is pronouced "risico" in my language ….

Also, we shouldn't forget the chapter titles. I think "A Whisper of Hate" is a great title, and I'm kicking myself for getting the title wrong in the poll. X-(
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    The Property of a Lady would be an excellent choice IMHO. I would have thought the connotation was obvious. At first blush it refers to Madelaine, but the real meaning is clear when he returns to active service. The lady's name is Elizabeth.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    The Property of a Lady would be an excellent choice IMHO. I would have thought the connotation was obvious. At first blush it refers to Madelaine, but the real meaning is clear when he returns to active service. The lady's name is Elizabeth.

I like that line of thought.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    I would prefer they use a genuine Fleming plot.

I don't want to see another situation where they use a title but no other elements from that story.
    It was acceptable with the Spy Who Loved Me because that was Fleming's own stipulation, but both A View to a Kill or Quantum of Solace could have somehow worked in a recognisable version of their source story's main plot elements as the the opening act, and they didn't even try.

And there is still a lot of Fleming left to adapt.