The Bond Experience

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    A top 007 countdown of the best Bond polo shirts seen in all of the James Bond films. We discuss style, movie relevance, and our own opinion as it relates to these now iconic polos.

https://youtu.be/yE1cA1t8ZDw

polo-vlog.png

Good timing as was about to pull the trigger finally on the M3 Fred Perry (along with white OB setters) since we are in the middle of the OB beachwear craze!!!!

Nothing beats the Sunspel fresh out the pack - just wish it kept color better despite cold wash. Any tips?

The fading is a bit of pain. The actual wear of the Sunspel is fantastic. Mine has kept its shape after years of wear and no nicks or bobbles or anything like that, but the colour is just so washed out now, despite washing at cold temperature. It's now just a house shirt rather than a wear out and about shirt. Guess, I should stop being tight and buy a new one but £95 for something that will be faded within a year or two.. :#

Yeah agree same problem. Color more then anything - think I’ve been thru about 5 over the years lol

Also love their tees but the hem comes undone over time at the bottom of many of mine
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    A top 007 countdown of the best Bond polo shirts seen in all of the James Bond films. We discuss style, movie relevance, and our own opinion as it relates to these now iconic polos.

polo-vlog.png

Good timing as was about to pull the trigger finally on the M3 Fred Perry (along with white OB setters) since we are in the middle of the OB beachwear craze!!!!

Nothing beats the Sunspel fresh out the pack - just wish it kept color better despite cold wash. Any tips?

How does the colour fade? Does it fade evenly?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Yes I would say evenly Matt
    Fred Perry M3 is quite a good deal if you sign up for 10% off with Mason & sons {[]

Now just need to find some very short white swim shorts lol. OB Springer in white?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yes I would say evenly Matt

Thanks. I've been thinking about getting one, and I think I'd be okay with the colour fading, as long as it is fading to a paler blue. I had a summer job when I was a teenager and had to wear company polo shirts in royal blue. By the end of the summer my polo shirts had turned bright pink. They were washed with everyone else's polo shirts, but only mine turned pink.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

polo-vlog.png

You'll wanna soak the shirt in a basin for 20 to 30 minutes using a solution of 10 to 12 cups of cold water, 1/2 a cup of white vinegar and 2 teaspoons of salt" to help the color from fading. Once done drain the basin, add more cold water and rinse the shirt. After the rinse you'll wanna squeeze the water out and put it out to dry or you can just proceed to hand wash it.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    anyone have the link and discount code for being bond book - my youtube vlog didn't show it :#
    cheers
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    That's so strange.....but here it is:

Click here for the program: lick here for the program: https://www.seanlerwill.com/shop/bemorebond/
    And an EXCLUSIVE 20% discount code for you!: TBE20.
  • ttdriverttdriver Posts: 202MI6 Agent
    Tried LICKING there, but only got a wet screen and no discount.
    Oh well-will try to figure it out. 8-)
    Sorry about the difficulty....when you click on to buy the book it should take you to a checkout option...once you click on that there is a discount area where you put the code...I just tried it myself and seems to be working. If you still have issues I will contact Sean.

ttdriver wrote:
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    ttdriver wrote:

B-) {[]
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Just discovered your channel and I love your discussions on the first movies of each actor, interesting insights that don't often get mentioned in other reviews. Hope to see reviews on all the movies at some point.

Secondly, good on ya on scoring THE dream car!!!
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
    thanks david , I'll check it out
    That's so strange.....but here it is:

Click here for the program: lick here for the program: https://www.seanlerwill.com/shop/bemorebond/
    And an EXCLUSIVE 20% discount code for you!: TBE20.
    007 reporting for duty
    Loved the new Secret Cinema vlog but I can't lie - I was staring at the TV from across the room for the longest time trying to figure out why Vesper was wearing the La Perla trunks :)) {[]

A9-DA5877-5-A4-F-4808-BCBA-1-D51949-C1-E68.jpg
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the new Secret Cinema vlog but I can't lie - I was staring at the TV from across the room for the longest time trying to figure out why Vesper was wearing the La Perla trunks :)) {[]

A9-DA5877-5-A4-F-4808-BCBA-1-D51949-C1-E68.jpg
    I was so honored to be a part of The Urban Gentry's YouTube experience in this video. TGV, the host, takes a tour of my collection then speaks to me about the world of Bond, watches, and the collector's journey.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfBVeEmhxfk&feature=em-uploademail&fbclid=IwAR2E5_OECY55yLTReY-4FtGpkJUvmz5b7ZoeWKccBGchSnMNZxEuphqyexs

urban-gentry.jpg
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    Great video on the Mason & Sons camp collar shirts, David. They really do outstanding work.

I do want to throw in my two cents about the fit of these.

I have a 42" - 43" chest. 34" waist. I ordered a L and it fit me nicely overall as it does you.

However, the arms are just way too tight on me (I have 15" biceps), and I am going to have to exchange for an XL. I'm seriously worried the seam on the arm will rip otherwise.
  • Glidrose007Glidrose007 Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    I just went to the Mason & Son place yesterday in London (not really a shop, more a house) to buy the Connery camp collar pink shirt and the blue and white striped one.

The guy I bought it from asked if I saw David's vlog on this, and of course I said yes. Looks like Mason and Son are appreciating your hard work David... :007)
    Yeah, you guys are related B-) :))

D510-BA4-E-E1-EE-4-E25-A3-D9-A14-EA356-DECD.jpg
    LOL!

https://youtu.be/_l2zvrFBcl8

As Bond 25 approaches, we discuss with my 23 year old son how the younger generation feels about James Bond today...is it relevant, popular, and what about Bond 25? The answers are very interesting!

Yeah, you guys are related B-) :))

D510-BA4-E-E1-EE-4-E25-A3-D9-A14-EA356-DECD.jpg
    Hi David , Sorry to be a pain went to purchase the book today but when you check out theres no discount option box !
    Has the offer ended or anyone else having issues
    cheers
    Sorry about the difficulty....when you click on to buy the book it should take you to a checkout option...once you click on that there is a discount area where you put the code...I just tried it myself and seems to be working. If you still have issues I will contact Sean.

ttdriver wrote:
    007 reporting for duty
    anyone here managed to get discount on the shaun lerwell book, looks like the discount code option box has been removed :#
    007 reporting for duty
    Oh wow. Just saw this. I will reach out to Sean.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    anyone here managed to get discount on the shaun lerwell book, looks like the discount code option box has been removed :#
    No success for me.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    I did, but I bought it back in June...
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    Sean just told me that the discount code ran out in July. I am discussing with him to re-issue a new one so stay tuned...
    Images and video from Bond 25 are part of the forensic investigative evidence we use to determine what items Bond is wearing...but when you receive information from a brand itself of its involvement the pieces of the puzzle come together! Thanks to Billy Reid we may have identified the Bond Norway jacket and we discuss it in detail! THERE ISN'T 100% CONFIRMATION OF THIS JACKET so you may want to wait until better pictures and evidence presents itself of where this jacket is used in Bond 25.

https://youtu.be/dKt1w0aRUHo

billy-reid-norway-vlog-1.jpg
    Nice one thanks david I shall be patient :007)
    Sean just told me that the discount code ran out in July. I am discussing with him to re-issue a new one so stay tuned...
    007 reporting for duty
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Great vlog. I think part of the fun is the forensic aspect of it. I picked up the BR reversible jacket and posted some photos a little while ago.

Along with the evidence David presented, the jacket has a bit of retro vibe. It is almost like playing a hunch or feeling based upon that fact that the style of the jacket seems to pair so well with the look of the classic Aston Martin vantage.