C11-A28-A3-2958-42-E0-A1-E0-50-E29515-D485.jpg
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Nice collections guys -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    Omega just released an aqua terra seamaster in something called “ultra light”. Sure looks like the same matte material as NTTD watch is made out of to me.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Slightly below $50.000
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    Yeah I keep hoping that's a misprint lol.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 476MI6 Agent
    Does anyone expert in watches know what the heck makes this watch so expensive? I do not get it...
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm guessing it's the ceramised titanium hand wind movement that is probably very expensive to produce, and whatever the gamma titanium is? Specifically designed for golfers, as a regular production model the price seems outlandishly expensive to me.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • johnwr1johnwr1 Fallston, MDPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Glad to see Omega is appealing to us middle-income folks
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Appealing to wealthy golfers with more money than sense, to me this is essentially a novelty watch! I'm just not sure I agree that playing golf with an automatic watch damages it? This is one reason why I'm really put off and disheartened with Omega these days, hate the direction they are taking and why I won't be buying anything new from them again while they are in this mindset! And why my omega collection has gone from 12 to 6 with some Panerai replacing them. There are plenty of premium lightweight hand wind watches out there for a tenth of the price, and as its a regular production watch I can't see it holding its value, I'm just waiting for the invite to a boutique where they will offer massive discounts to shift some of these!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    MrDalton wrote:
    Omega just released an aqua terra seamaster in something called “ultra light”. Sure looks like the same matte material as NTTD watch is made out of to me.
    Higgins wrote:
    Slightly below $50.000

The watch is talked about here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npM49tAfYv4
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'm just not sure I agree that playing golf with an automatic watch damages it?

I’ve played over 50 rounds of golf wearing my Tudor and it keeps perfect time. Maybe it just takes Omega a lot more time and money to design a movement that can match the quality of a fairly standard ETA. :)) What a joke.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    I was given a peek at the caseback engraving for an upcoming Omega Bond release, and I'll say this: if it's just some collectible tie-in, it's the only such release that's ever made me consider buying. Subtle and not garishly or obviously branded, so much so that I could actually see this being in the film. And if the engraving is pertinent to NTTD, it's going to drop jaws with how it incorporates Bond lore. :o
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    regular production watch

Are there non-regular production watches in the Omega lineup? what does that mean?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    I was given a peek at the caseback engraving for an upcoming Omega Bond release, and I'll say this: if it's just some collectible tie-in, it's the only such release that's ever made me consider buying. Subtle and not garishly or obviously branded, so much so that I could actually see this being in the film. And if the engraving is pertinent to NTTD, it's going to drop jaws with how it incorporates Bond lore. :o

So no display caseback? Knowing today's Omega it'll still be 3-4 millimeters thicker than it need be.
    Any guesses on what the NTTD watch will cost when it hits the stores? I'm assuming, following the success of the SP watches, we'll be looking at around £7K?

Difficult to justify one over a new Submariner at £6K.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Yeah though getting a Rolex at moment is a pain in the arse
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Is it up there with Bond's '007' engraved lighter from Moonraker? :)
    Chriscoop wrote:

I’ve played over 50 rounds of golf wearing my Tudor and it keeps perfect time. Maybe it just takes Omega a lot more time and money to design a movement that can match the quality of a fairly standard ETA. :)) What a joke.

Although weirdly I just went on holiday with a mate who took his new Tudor diving watch, and every time we went in the sea he lost one of the white hour markers from the bezel! He was about six down by the end of the holiday! A diving watch you can't take in the sea does seem a bit rich to me..
    And yes, it's a real one: still under warranty thankfully.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

So no display caseback? Knowing today's Omega it'll still be 3-4 millimeters thicker than it need be.

I believe it's an exhibition (crystal) caseback and the engraving is etched into the crystal. What I saw was an illustration of the case, almost like a patent illustration. It's got the scalloped bezel and the newer shaped Helium escape valve we've seen on Craig's wrist in pics.
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Don’t say that! It’s going to make me want it more!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Ooooo very keen to see what they've got for us this time—you've made it sound great...especially after Omega's last effort that was a little disappointing, the Commander's watch.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Well I guess it’s only natural to have price creep (or to squeeze every last cent), but anything over 5K would smart given the price point of all that have come before LE or SA.

Having learnt a hard lesson I will wait until all SA ones are known. Having been burnt myself on SF and watched too many get burnt on SP (ending up with the wrong SM300 etc), patience is your friend when it comes to Bonds watches (no matter how frustrating). Believe no one and see it with your own eyes first as they say.

Cheers :007)

P.S you do make it sound interesting though!
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    emtiem wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

Although weirdly I just went on holiday with a mate who took his new Tudor diving watch, and every time we went in the sea he lost one of the white hour markers from the bezel! He was about six down by the end of the holiday! A diving watch you can't take in the sea does seem a bit rich to me..

Positively shocking. What model was this? I thought the hour markers on the bezel were painted/etched (for want of a better word). I always thought the Tudor dive watches as excellent alternatives and well priced (relatively speaking) to the Submariners and Seamasters.
    emtiem wrote:

Positively shocking. What model was this? I thought the hour markers on the bezel were painted/etched (for want of a better word). I always thought the Tudor dive watches as excellent alternatives and well priced (relatively speaking) to the Submariners and Seamasters.

It's a Pelagos: I don't know much more than that I'm afraid! Yeah the markers are little blocks which sit in there: you can actually feel that some of them aren't flush to the bezel which I was surprised at- although I guess those ones had more glue because they stayed in! :)

Here's a pic:
    https://instagram.com/p/B1Go9WiAYxv/

Turns out the warranty has just run out, but Tudor are fixing it for free I think (I hope!).
    emtiem wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

It's a Pelagos: I don't know much more than that I'm afraid! Yeah the markers are little blocks which sit in there: you can actually feel that some of them aren't flush to the bezel which I was surprised at- although I guess those ones had more glue because they stayed in! :)

Here's a pic:

Turns out the warranty has just run out, but Tudor are fixing it for free I think (I hope!).

Crikey! That's not good. I didn't think they were separate pieces and always thought they just were etched (as per Submariner(?) and Seamaster bezels. Perhaps an example of over-engineering on the part of Tudor on this particular model?

Glad Tudor are (hopefully!) sorting it FOC, anyway.
    emtiem wrote:

Here's a pic:

Crikey! That's not good. I didn't think they were separate pieces and always thought they just were etched (as per Submariner(?) and Seamaster bezels. Perhaps an example of over-engineering on the part of Tudor on this particular model?

Very odd and unfortunate. These anomalies happen, though, including on higher end pieces. My friend bought a new Pepsi GMT (he buys a lot of watches, so the AD sold him one from his vault) and the thing had a defective crown lock. The crown literally fell out of the watch right into the AD’s gloved hand!
    emtiem wrote:

Here's a pic:

Very odd and unfortunate. These anomalies happen, though, including on higher end pieces. My friend bought a new Pepsi GMT (he buys a lot of watches, so the AD sold him one from his vault) and the thing had a defective crown lock. The crown literally fell out of the watch right into the AD’s gloved hand!

Yikes. It seems crazy sometimes that you can pay all of this money and actually get something that doesn't always work as well and keep as good time as a £7 Casio, plus it needs to be expensively serviced! :) I guess it's a bit like an Aston Martin being slightly more unreliable and needing expensive servicing, but that at least is a better and faster car than a Ford Ka! :) You're getting more for your money than just style unlike these watches, there's quite a bit more functionality too.
    emtiem wrote:

Yikes. It seems crazy sometimes that you can pay all of this money and actually get something that doesn't always work as well and keep as good time as a £7 Casio, plus it needs to be expensively serviced! :) I guess it's a bit like an Aston Martin being slightly more unreliable and needing expensive servicing, but that at least is a better and faster car than a Ford Ka! :) You're getting more for your money than just style unlike these watches, there's quite a bit more functionality too.

I agree that watch prices are truly silly, and there’s really no practical justification for buying one. That being said, a Rolex, Omega, or Tudor is capable of withstanding a lot more abuse and will work under much more extreme conditions than a $7 Casio. And in the case of Rolex, it’ll hold or increase its value.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    I just returned from a vacation in which I did a lot of hiking, swimming, skin diving, sea kayaking.

Did I wear one of my Seamasters? Only to dinner.

For the rough activities I wore my indestructible Casio G-shock. It cost more like $197 than $7, but that's still just a fraction of the others watches in my collection.

It's not that brands like Omega, Rolex, Tudor are no longer making tool watches; it's that there are better tools out there now (at least for most activities and occupations).
    Cheverian wrote:
    I just returned from a vacation in which I did a lot of hiking, swimming, skin diving, sea kayaking.

Did I wear one of my Seamasters? Only to dinner.

For the rough activities I wore my indestructible Casio G-shock. It cost more like $197 than $7, but that's still just a fraction of the others watches in my collection.

It's not that brands like Omega, Rolex, Tudor are no longer making tool watches; it's that there are better tools out there now (at least for most activities and occupations).

Yeah, when we were all having a swim in the sea I was wearing my Casio which is so cheap I don't care about it, and it handled being the sea far better than the £3,000 diving watch did and consequently I was happier than my mate! :) Did I look as cool? Obviously not, and there's limited pleasure to be had from wearing a bit of black plastic on your wrist, but sometimes that's all you need to do the job.
    If I've got a dinner suit on? Then yeah, I'll wear my Omega every time: although never a diving watch. I don't really see why anyone would want a diving watch unless they're diving... ;)